OpencCore-HP-840-G1-Haswell Big Sur **Success**

hshamsaldin

28 posts in this topic

Here is my OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI with modified ACPI-files and config.plist to work properly with HP EliteBook 840 G1.

## Changes:

With Rehabman's SSDT-patches and kexts. You should boot OpenCore normally, but i have made very important changes to the ACPI-files and config.plist to make it as close to "Apple Like" as possible to fit the OpenCore mood.

* Removed ~~SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-HDAU audio patches from SSDT-8x0G1h.aml~~, and Applies AppleALC audio injection, you'll need to do your own research on which codec your motherboard has and match it with AppleALC's layout. [AppleALC Supported Codecs](https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs).
* Replaced ~~IGPU.aml~~ With PNLF.aml for backlight controls to work properly with OpenCore.
* Removed ~~unnecessary config.plist patches that are made for other motherboards, like HP-840-G3~~.
* Removed ~~SSDT-USB-8x0-G1 and USBInjectAll.kext~~. Reason for this is USBInjectAll.kext is no longer being maintained and the USBMap.kext version is how real macs USB map. [USBMap](https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/intel-mapping/intel.html).

## What Works:

- **UEFI booting via OpenCore**
- **Dual Boot with Windows/Linux**
- **Built-in keyboard (with special function keys)**
- **Built-in trackpad (Multi-Gestures)**
- **Native WiFi & Bluetooth via Broadcom DW1560 BCM4352**
- **HDMI Audio/Video with hot-plug**
- **Native USB3 with AppleUSBXHCI using USBMap (USB2 works also)**
- **Native audio, including headphone**
- **Built-in mic**
- **Built-in camera**
- **Native power management**
- **Battery status**
- **Backlight controls with smooth transitions**
- **Accelerated graphics Intel HD Graphics 4400**
- **Wired Ethernet**
- **App Store**
- **iMessage & Facetime**

Feel free to visit my GitHub repository for more detailed informations:

https://github.com/hshamsaldin/OpenCore-HP-840-G1-Haswel  

EFI.zip

Edited by hshamsaldin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Thanks for the post, everything works except for one problem.

The trackpad and the buttons in trackpad is not working. They where working during installation phase. After install they stopped working

External USB mouse is working fine.

Thanks again for the great efforts!

Hi, I have been trying to get this working on my HP 840 G1 with i7 and Intel/AMD graphics. I have a working Clover 5119/Mojave install and wanted to switch to Opencore to fix the update issues I get with OS patches.

With your config I get to the boot menu but when I select my OS X partition it goes black for a second and then back to the menu. I can get the UEFI shell to open fine and I can also choose my Windows 10 partition which boots fine.

I also get an issue if I try and update to a later version of Clover. I have tried reading through the Opencore guide but I haven't had enough time to learn it all yet.

Can you think of anything obvious I should check?

• 2 weeks later...

I modified my config.plist according to yours, and it can work in my 820G2. and I migrate to OC 0.6.6. It seems work well. I don't know how to test, such as multi-Gestures,backlight control...

Change:

1. remove XOSI in SSDT-HACK.asl, and add SSDT-XOSI.aml & SSDT-EC.aml. Otherwise It can't boot into windows 10. (BlueScreen with ACPI_BIOS_ERROR)

Problem:

1. I can't use USB keyboard & mouse in OC GUI. (But if I boot OC from USB disk, the usb keyboard can work)

2.when I boot into windows 10,  the usb keyboard and mouse can't work.

how to solve this?

EFI.tgz

Edited by Leon03

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mind sharing what kext you used for trackpad please.??

Having the same issue. 

the trackpad did respond once on first reboot, very sporadically though, then nothing.

Also just curios what Layout I.D did you use for audio?

thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/6/2021 at 11:02 AM, Prem Mithawala said:

I've istalled mac os on my HP 840 G1 

Everything is working fine except WIFI 

already tried with Your EFI but didnt worked 

HP ELITEBOOK 840 G1

macos BigSur 11.4

i5 4300U 2.4GHz

8gb RAM

Please share EFI 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 7:03 PM, hshamsaldin said:

Here is my OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI with modified ACPI-files and config.plist to work properly with HP EliteBook 840 G1.

## Changes:

With Rehabman's SSDT-patches and kexts. You should boot OpenCore normally, but i have made very important changes to the ACPI-files and config.plist to make it as close to "Apple Like" as possible to fit the OpenCore mood.

* Removed ~~SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-HDAU audio patches from SSDT-8x0G1h.aml~~, and Applies AppleALC audio injection, you'll need to do your own research on which codec your motherboard has and match it with AppleALC's layout. [AppleALC Supported Codecs](https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs).
* Replaced ~~IGPU.aml~~ With PNLF.aml for backlight controls to work properly with OpenCore.
* Removed ~~unnecessary config.plist patches that are made for other motherboards, like HP-840-G3~~.
* Removed ~~SSDT-USB-8x0-G1 and USBInjectAll.kext~~. Reason for this is USBInjectAll.kext is no longer being maintained and the USBMap.kext version is how real macs USB map. [USBMap](https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/intel-mapping/intel.html).

## What Works:

- **UEFI booting via OpenCore**
- **Dual Boot with Windows/Linux**
- **Built-in keyboard (with special function keys)**
- **Built-in trackpad (Multi-Gestures)**
- **Native WiFi & Bluetooth via Broadcom DW1560 BCM4352**
- **HDMI Audio/Video with hot-plug**
- **Native USB3 with AppleUSBXHCI using USBMap (USB2 works also)**
- **Native audio, including headphone**
- **Built-in mic**
- **Built-in camera**
- **Native power management**
- **Battery status**
- **Backlight controls with smooth transitions**
- **Accelerated graphics Intel HD Graphics 4400**
- **Wired Ethernet**
- **App Store**
- **iMessage & Facetime**

Feel free to visit my GitHub repository for more detailed informations:

https://github.com/hshamsaldin/OpenCore-HP-840-G1-Haswel  

EFI.zip 6 MB · 381 downloads

Could you maybe try to update to latest OC 0.7.5 ? I tried but with no luck so far 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 5:41 PM, Baio77 said:

I helped a user to hack HP 840 G1, this is the EFI we developed, I leave it here, if you have problems or want to improve something please attach Ioreg.

EFI.zip
OC 0.7.9 + kext release .

update.

download works now.

tested with fresh clean usb install mac osx 12.4

boots ok with verbose

gets past the apple logo

then shows macos recovery - had existing osx installed on hdd

shows wifi enabled =)

in top left menu - recovery assistant, choose erase mac, then confirm erase mac

An internal error has occurred. : (-69626)

update. power off on.

now works to installl macos monterey 12.4

edit. FAIL. keeps rebooting.

tried following the dortania guide, but got no where near to this.

your efi and config and aml files are they patched etc?

sorry i'm noob beginners

Edited by justApple
update

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 11:52 AM, Col_W said:

Hi, I have been trying to get this working on my HP 840 G1 with i7 and Intel/AMD graphics. I have a working Clover 5119/Mojave install and wanted to switch to Opencore to fix the update issues I get with OS patches.

With your config I get to the boot menu but when I select my OS X partition it goes black for a second and then back to the menu. I can get the UEFI shell to open fine and I can also choose my Windows 10 partition which boots fine.

I also get an issue if I try and update to a later version of Clover. I have tried reading through the Opencore guide but I haven't had enough time to learn it all yet.

Can you think of anything obvious I should check?

Did you manage to fix this? I have exactly the same problem I can install Big Sur using hshamsaldin's EFI (with my own serial numbers etc) perfectly. The initial boot is fine and I can enter my AppleID and everything works perfectly. When I reboot I get the OpenCore menu with my MacOS install selectable, but when I chose this I just get a blank screen then back to the menu. It makes no difference if I boot from the USB installer or from the SSD (once the EFI folder has been transferred). Does anyone have any hints? If not I'll add the -v boot arg. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...