Sandy Bridge-E & Ivy Bridge-E Power management 10.15

stinga11

25 posts in this topic

This guide is for get a working Power Management on any X79

1. We need to patch the AICPM with the OMNI patch otherwise it will never work. (Is only if you have a Sandy Bridge-E if you have a Ivy Bridge-E skip this step)

Clover patch:

FF0F840F01
to
FF0F850F01

0100010F84
to
0100010F85

C974140F3225FF0F00006B
to
C9EB140F3225FF0F00006B

C974050F3283E01F4289443B
to
C9EB050F3283E01F4289443B

01745D
to
01EB5D

3E7538
to
3E9090

7511B9
to
EB11B9

Using clover configurator is easier. Your clover configurator have to see like this.
 1309829247_10.15power.thumb.png.600613dc234129f27ff0d64269a5034f.png

2. We need to patch the Msr lock. For this we need select "KernelPm and AppleIntelCPUPM" on Clover Configurator in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" section (Is only if you have a board with msr lock if you have a Asus or Asrock skip this step)

3. Finally we need to download the following dummy kext and put it in /Library/Extensions/

LegacyX86PlatformPlugin.kext

4. Now is time to create it a SSDT for our cpu.

a. If you have a Sandy Bridge-E download this zip file, Inside you will found your SSDT

X79 SSDT.zip

b. If you have have a Ivy Bridge-E you need download the ssdtPRGen for your CPU.

curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
~/ssdtPRGen.sh

5. Download Hackintool open it and go to the "Utilities" section and at the bottom select "Rebuild KextCache and Repair Permission"

Edited by stinga11
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I have dual E5-2667 v2 on C602. And I have enabled PM on 10.15.6 without touching the system folder. All I have done is using the aml from ssdtPRGen and add -xcpm in bootargs. I think this method only works with IVB-E.

Edited by xuegy

8 hours ago, xuegy said:

Actually I have dual E5-2667 v2 on C602. And I have enabled PM on 10.15.6 without touching the system folder. All I have done is using the aml from ssdtPRGen and add -xcpm in bootargs. I think this method only works with IVB-E.

-xcpm does not work since high sierra.

Hi,

I think i have stumbled onto the correct thread here...

I also have issues with the cpu config on my hackintosh.

I also have  a dual cpu motherboard (huanan zhi x79 16d)

Also my cpus are 2x xeon e5 2667 v2

Does anyone have a functionining config/efi?

Edited by huananzhiiiiii

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello I follow this  guide and I'm able to boot now ,Catalina ...

into a black  screen  with my  mouse pointer.

it vanishes when I click it ,Only left with  hard power down by power button .

my video card is supported  79/70 280x Radeon tried several versions of "whateverGreen " kexts.

i'm stumped 

sandy bridge -E with 3960X  Dx79sr board Ati R9280x 32DDR3,SSD

Fakekext with voodo sync clover

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2020 at 4:41 AM, stinga11 said:

Hi Stinga11, i hope you are doing well man :)

We miss your amazing pm patch for our x79... Could you please do a patch for Monterey and ventura ?

Do you think think x86PlatformPlugin.kext dummy kext could work in Monterey if used with opencore to patch pm ?

Im using this guide to patch Monterey and Ventura but not having much luck :(

https://elitemacx86.com/threads/how-to-enable-intel-cpu-power-management-on-x79-c606-motherboards-sandy-bridge-e-ep-and-ivy-bridge-e-ep.423/

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2023 at 5:32 PM, axonleo said:

Hi Stinga11, i hope you are doing well man :)

We miss your amazing pm patch for our x79... Could you please do a patch for Monterey and ventura ?

Do you think think x86PlatformPlugin.kext dummy kext could work in Monterey if used with opencore to patch pm ?

Im using this guide to patch Monterey and Ventura but not having much luck :(

https://elitemacx86.com/threads/how-to-enable-intel-cpu-power-management-on-x79-c606-motherboards-sandy-bridge-e-ep-and-ivy-bridge-e-ep.423/

Greetings, I no longer have a Sandy Bridge E processor at my disposal as I sold that computer to build a new one. MacOS Ventura no longer includes the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for Sandy Bride or Ivy Bridge. But from what I have been able to read, the kexts of MacOS Monterey can be used in MacOS Ventura. Here I leave the patched kext but I don't know if they work because I can't test them. I recommend that you do the tests in an installation that is not the main one because you run the risk that the operating system will not load. You have to put the kexts in the following folder: Library/Extension. Good Luck

Monterey 12.6 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Patched.zip

9 hours ago, stinga11 said:

Greetings, I no longer have a Sandy Bridge E processor at my disposal as I sold that computer to build a new one. MacOS Ventura no longer includes the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for Sandy Bride or Ivy Bridge. But from what I have been able to read, the kexts of MacOS Monterey can be used in MacOS Ventura. Here I leave the patched kext but I don't know if they work because I can't test them. I recommend that you do the tests in an installation that is not the main one because you run the risk that the operating system will not load. You have to put the kexts in the following folder: Library/Extension. Good Luck

Monterey 12.6 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Patched.zip 104.59 kB · 1 download

Hi man! So happy to hear from you :D I still have my x79 and 3930k cpu and can do the testing if you could guide me ?

How do i put the patched files in Ventura? The system folder is protected and i dont really know how to mount it in recovery mode and do the kext installing plus the permission repair etc...

10 hours ago, axonleo said:

Hi man! So happy to hear from you :D I still have my x79 and 3930k cpu and can do the testing if you could guide me ?

How do i put the patched files in Ventura? The system folder is protected and i dont really know how to mount it in recovery mode and do the kext installing plus the permission repair etc...

I am away from home on vacation, next week I will try to make a guide for users of the X79 platform.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stinga11 said:

I am away from home on vacation, next week I will try to make a guide for users of the X79 platform.

That sounds amazing man :D i cant wait :D like finally something to look forward too :D can u believe im still on El Capitan cause of the stupid pm problem of every macosx since El capitan :(

Do you think the patch could work with Sonoma as well ?

I have read some place that the patch even work in Sonoma, according to this guide, https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/01_Adding_missing_Devices_and_enabling_Features/CPU_Power_Management/CPU_Power_Management_(Legacy)#re-enabling-acpi-power-management-in-macos-ventura

But there is some steps in the guide that i didnt really get so i couldn't make it happen anyway.. maybe with you guide things will finally work. Cant wait :D

Enjoy your vacation🌞

On 7/26/2023 at 7:05 PM, stinga11 said:

Hi man, its been a week and im still waiting for your guide, could you please post it ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 7:05 PM, stinga11 said:

Please Stinga11 you are my only hope :( its been 2 months soon since your last post and you still haven't said anything... Can just release the guide?

Im so far behind with my pc and the fact that i cant use it it with newer macos is driving me crazy.

3 hours ago, axonleo said:

Please Stinga11 you are my only hope :( its been 2 months soon since your last post and you still haven't said anything... Can just release the guide?

Im so far behind with my pc and the fact that i cant use it it with newer macos is driving me crazy.

It's not really complicated:

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/Sandy_Bridge_Ventura.md

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/Ivy_Bridge-Ventura.md

8 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Of course it is, this guide i have already posted about and i didnt get much from it after following it.

Can you make a EFI folder based on my hardware so i can try it and see if ventura pm works with my 3930k it if the guide is not complicated for you ?

Well, I created these guides.

Try adding RSRHelper.kext as well. I don't know what it does exactly but it's included in EFIs generated by OCLP for 1st and 2nd Gen Intel Core CPUs. Maybe it's the thing that is missing. SInce most of the kexts used by OCLP are undocumented and OCLP does not support hackintoshing it's a bit more difficult than usual.

And since your computer is more than 10 years old I assume you've been in this scene long enough to understand that "I didn't get much from it" is not the type of "error report" I can work with to help you.

On 8/19/2023 at 12:53 AM, cankiulascmnfye said:

Well, I created these guides.

Try adding RSRHelper.kext as well. I don't know what it does exactly but it's included in EFIs generated by OCLP for 1st and 2nd Gen Intel Core CPUs. Maybe it's the thing that is missing. SInce most of the kexts used by OCLP are undocumented and OCLP does not support hackintoshing it's a bit more difficult than usual.

And since your computer is more than 10 years old I assume you've been in this scene long enough to understand that "I didn't get much from it" is not the type of "error report" I can work with to help you.

ive done everything possible according to the guide and its still not working :((((

like i have updated to oc 0.9.4 *debug version* and enable/disabled AppleCpuPmCfgLock, AppleXcmpCfgLock and AppleXcpmExtraMsrs and still not working...

i dont know what to do anymore but there is something strange when trying to do 

kextstat | grep com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
I get an error and not the correct output.. maybe that does mean something ?

Anyway check my efi folder and see if there is something missing or needed to be changed 

EFI oc 0.9.4 ventura 13,4.zip

here is some screenshots with working pm in el capitan vs ventura :(

Screen Shot 2023-08-20 at 07.06.05.png

Skärmavbild 2023-08-20 kl. 10.43.40.png

7 hours ago, axonleo said:

ive done everything possible according to the guide […] :((((

I can tell by looking at the config that this is not the case!

1. ACPI Secttion is a mess. Use shorrt file names. Delete SSDT-PLUG
  2. The Kernel Section of your config is a complete mess. Sort that out. This list is not for you! You are actually feeding that into OpenCore to tell it what to do. So remove all the all unnecessary entries - don't just blank them out
  3. Don't use 2 different kexts that address the same issue (TscSync…)
  4. Booter Patches are Missing!
  5. Kernel Patches to install and Boot Monterey and newer are missing!
  6. NVRAM Entries are missing
  7. Boot-args = a mess
  8. Your SMBIOS is wrong. You only need a modern SMBIOS if Big Sur is not installed already. Change the SMBIOS to one for Sandy Bride (like MacBookPro8,x) after installing Ventura or newer.

My guide is precise in regards to what to do and why. There's even a sample plist included. So the only thing you need to is copy the entries over.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye

41 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

1. The Kernel Section of your config is a complete mess. Sort that out. This list is not for you! You are actually feeding that into OpenCore to tell it what to do. So remove all the all unnecessary entries - don't just blank them out.
  2. Booter Patches are Missing!
  3. Kernel Patches to install and Boot Monterey and newer are missing!
  4. Your SMBIOS is wrong. You only need a modern SMBIOS if Big Sur is not installed already. Change the SMBIOS to one for Sandy Bride (like MacBookPro8,x) after installing Ventura or newer.

My guide is precise in regards to what to do and why. There's even a sample plist included. So the only thing you need to is copy the entries over.

Can you please make these changes in my efi folder/ config file and reploud it so i can test it ? 

7 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

1. ACPI Secttion is a mess. Use shorrt file names. Delete SSDT-PLUG
  2. The Kernel Section of your config is a complete mess. Sort that out. This list is not for you! You are actually feeding that into OpenCore to tell it what to do. So remove all the all unnecessary entries - don't just blank them out
  3. Don't use 2 different kexts that address the same issue (TscSync…)
  4. Booter Patches are Missing!
  5. Kernel Patches to install and Boot Monterey and newer are missing!
  6. NVRAM Entries are missing
  7. Boot-args = a mess
  8. Your SMBIOS is wrong. You only need a modern SMBIOS if Big Sur is not installed already. Change the SMBIOS to one for Sandy Bride (like MacBookPro8,x) after installing Ventura or newer.

Kernel Patches to install and Boot Monterey and newer are missing!

Can you write them down please ?

Boot-args = a mess

What should i choose there instead ?

Edited by axonleo