AMD sapphire RX480 with Mojave

marras

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I've an old machine (see the signature) that I want to use for xcode , when I'm too lazy to take my macbook pro. I tried install Sierra, and worked surprisingly well, but sadly it doesn't support the latest version of xcode. I tried to update to High Sierra, but in the first boot everything goes black. So I tried a clean install, and had the same result. Tried Mojave with the telemetry plugin hack (as I've not SSSE 4.2), and the installation went smooth, but in the first login, I've a mouse pointer (which moves!) over a blinking screen, gray and black, and seems stuck. Tried several SMBIOS, changing the Display port, HDMI, LILU with WhateverGreen, but with these 2 the verbose freezes pretty soon (if needed I can make a screenshot). So I know that this card should work OOB, but I've also seen that several people had this problem, but honestly I didn't figured it out how to continue. My pc doesn't have any integrated gpu.

Please help me, I'm stuck!

Thank you

It is known problem

socket 775 + Radeon HD7xxx and up will work up to Sierra. 

Since HighSierra you have no chances.

For this old chipset you have to use Nvidia Kepler card. It is the only way to play with Mojave.