Spamming Cure???????

eSaF

6 posts in this topic

Seriously!!! is there no way to stop these ridiculous Spammers from posting their ridiculous mumbo jumbo cure all products, from erectile potions to snake oil $hite et, etc. If you know (ONE WHO CANNOT BE MENTIONED) can achieve it, then what is the method they use that can't be applied here. Admins please sort it out and ban the IPA address of the violators period. :hammer:

• Like 1

Hello!

Where have you got your wisdom from, which ist allowing you to tell, that all Spammers have a fixed IP-adress?

My one is changing every 24 hours after I got disconnected by my ISP and I reconnect to the Internet. But for sure I am no Spammer.

Have fun.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, styrian said:

Hello!

Where have you got your wisdom from, which ist allowing you to tell, that all Spammers have a fixed IP-adress?

My one is changing every 24 hours after I got disconnected by my ISP and I reconnect to the Internet. But for sure I am no Spammer.

Have fun.

Ok point taken, posted out of sheer frustration at the occasional nonsense peddled on the site - so that I can gleaned some wisdom, your MAC address changes every 24 hours making it difficult to detect am I correct? If that's not the case how does the other side ban members that flout their rules - To a lay person such as my self it's all so confusing and please don't take it that I am being facetious, as Alan says, 'We are all here to learn from one another and have fun', well you did end with 'Have fun' :)

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 9:05 PM, eSaF said:

Ok point taken, posted out of sheer frustration at the occasional nonsense peddled on the site - so that I can gleaned some wisdom, your MAC address changes every 24 hours making it difficult to detect am I correct? If that's not the case how does the other side ban members that flout their rules - To a lay person such as my self it's all so confusing and please don't take it that I am being facetious, as Alan says, 'We are all here to learn from one another and have fun', well you did end with 'Have fun' :)

We are doing our best to keep the site clean but sometimes the spammers get away and their posts remain on the site until a Mod or a Sup comes online and removes it.

By the way just to clarify something the MAC address doesn't change at all unless you manually spoof it the IP that the ISP assigns to the connection changes each time you connect to the ISP (Static IPs don't change too), but there's no way of deciding wether the new registered MAC address is a genuine member or a spammer so we need to think about another approach.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of luck trying to get rid of the spam.

My futile efforts resulted in me getting banned.

Mods can't or don't or won't do anything about the problem.

Awaiting the next ban....

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1