Clover.app testing

vector sigma
423 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Not sure why this always happens to Slice while mine it's ok. I'll ensure (in buildme) zip is the Apple one by hard coding its path. Wait. Resource forks are added when the filesystem is not on an hfs/apfs volume :worried_anim:. May be @Slice has Clover in to a DOS partition??

My compilation works for me.

Снимок экрана 2020-02-18 в 5.40.48.png

As well I see no other claims about Release-5104.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, it works! Now we can exclude clover-genconfig!

Снимок экрана 2020-03-01 в 19.28.18.png

There are real config and generated one.

We have to correct something in the generation but mostly it works as it should. For examples some new fields in config not shown in generated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Slice should I create our plist editor.. just like the old Xcode where Data shown all bytes instead of display them truncated??

old.png.0f7757ed462f42e4e08ee70dd9e6ed57.png

vs

new.png.f67ddefe7649f4f07eaf55e9c23c4ee3.png 

I prefear the old one.. if data is long then there is a truncation, very unpleasant.

Edited by vector sigma

Just now, vector sigma said:

@Slice should I create our plist editor.. just like the old Xcode where Data shown all bytes instead of display them truncated??

It will be nice.

PlistEditPro has one disagreeable property. It will resort lines in config so it became impossible to see a diff.

I wish your application will keep lines in the original order.

Or may be you'll make an application to compare two configs with different lines order?

4 minutes ago, Slice said:

I wish your application will keep lines in the original order.

granted!  ... for xml plist (we can't for binary plist)

4 minutes ago, Slice said:

Or may be you'll make an application to compare two configs with different lines order?

That would be more complicated. I need to think on a complex algo.. 

Edited by vector sigma

2 minutes ago, Slice said:

May be assign internal line number to each original line?

More than the lines is the content that makes the big difference. I think you would see if inside "Devices", for example,  there is a key/value pair that doesn't exists on another plist. So I guess each row that doesn't exist or have a different value should be marked with a red line.. regardless of the position of the "node" inside its contenitor (which eventually makes difference if the contenitor it's an array. Dictionaries cannot be considered different if have the same exact key/value pairs).

... going to write some code for the plist editor which it's only on my mind yet :D

• Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 9:46 AM, Slice said:

@vector sigma

Can you include clover-genconfig functionality into Clover.app? I think it is good place.

On 2/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, vector sigma said:

I think I can

I've been having an issue upgrading from 10.14.6+ to 10.15.3 and it might be due to my config.plist (originally generated when getting 10.12.x working).  I'm guessing it has a bit of accumulated detritus?

I describe my EFI and have -v images a full EFI.zip located in this thread: Upgrade 10.14.6 to 10.15.3 failed. have -v output and EFI where I'm getting an appleNVMe Assert failed during the final restart of the upgrade.

Could I generate an 'improved' config.plist using this tool that might solve my problems - or should I be looking elsewhere?

BTW - your group is developing Really Exciting tools - just amazing what you've accomplished!!

@vector sigma

using Xcode 11.3.1

- Building Clover.app...

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

PrecompileSwiftBridgingHeader normal x86_64

CompileSwiftSources normal x86_64 com.apple.xcode.tools.swift.compiler

(2 failures)

8 hours ago, Slice said:

May be add functionality to "optimize" button to convert ICNS format to PNG format? Then issues with some themes can be resolved.

It actually doing this, doesn't work? 

P.S. the ".icns" is left as is.

EDIT

here the commit

Edited by vector sigma

On 3/10/2020 at 8:09 PM, Slice said:

I found and fixed the issue.

Later I've disconnected Clover.app from EDK2 and Clover's headers. I made a copy of SETTING_DATA structure internally so the compilation will always be good.

here the commit.

This is the header where I made the copy of each needed structures (from edk2 and from Clover). Should be nice if everythings after line 66 will be in a single header (c style) in Clover for the future. Can also stay this way and if anything is modified just we need to take this into account.

Edited by vector sigma

8 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Later I've disconnected Clover.app from EDK2 and Clover's headers. I made a copy of SETTING_DATA structure internally so the compilation will always be good.

here the commit.

This is the header where I made the copy of each needed structures (from edk2 and from Clover). Should be nice if everythings after line 66 will be in a single header (c style) in Clover for the future. Can also stay this way and if anything is modified just we need to take this into account.

Most of these definitions are already outdated. We will switch to C++ with other structures.

You should have only SETTING_DATA and be sure all fields have exactly same offsets.

Taking into account we may edit the structure in the future I will propose to reserve some amount of fields to be able to redefine for example pad17 -> NewSetting so that old genconfig will work with new data just not showing new fields.

20 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Does the app now require installing (.pkg)?

No. The installer only takes the step to remove the quarantine attributes that Safari adds for programs coming from unknown developers, i.e Us... (because known developers by Apple receive a certificate that identify you with name, address, email etc... and all after you paid for it). 

The fix performed by the pkg is this .... to avoid this.

• Thanks 1

Not yet fully functional.... but the "core" of our Property List Editor (in art called plist editor) is here:

1156348975_plisteditor.thumb.png.2f5bc38fae46abcdd492f32b2e1e7cb0.png

after five days that almost every activities already stop and closed, today it is my first day of full stop of every things. Looks like We're now living in the world of void due to the Corona Virus and I wrote thousands of lines of code in no time... just to pass the time :laser:

• Like 4