MorenoAv

Fenvi FV T - 919, Bluetooth OK, no Wifi

23 posts in this topic

As the title says I have bought an Fenvi Wifi / Bluetooth combo, and after installing it bluetooth works out of the box but wifi no. It says Wifi: Without hardware installed, and as you can see the hackintool it shows but without FW Loaded.

In PCI didn't appear in the list, how can I solve this?

Thanks in Advance for all your help...  

Captura de ecrã 2019-09-26, às 21.22.55.png

Captura de ecrã 2019-09-26, às 21.23.59.png

Captura de ecrã 2019-09-26, às 21.31.46.png

Captura de ecrã 2019-09-26, às 21.32.15.png

Captura de ecrã 2019-09-26, às 21.32.29.png

Edited by MorenoAv

Advertisement

Given that Fenvi FVT919 is based on BCM94360 chip, it's meant to work OOB. If it does not, you probably inject a wrong/unnecessary patch, inject a wrong/unnecessary kext or inject wrong/unnecessary properties somewhere. Seeing this "Wireless-AC 9560" in your PCI list, I'm tempted to point to the latter.

But there's just no way of telling for sure until you post details of your add-on kexts and/or a zipped copy of your Clover EFI folder...

Oh and you're wrong about the info displayed in Hackintool: it's not the wifi card that's shown, it's the Bluetooth module... The wireless card is just not detected at all at the moment.

Edited by Hervé

Ok, I can see the cosmetic properties you inject in your Clover config for your various hardware devices and accessories. Can you remove AirportBrcmFixup, reboot and post a zipped saved output of IOregistryExplorer app?

You're not caching any add-on kexts from /S/L/E or /L/E, are you?

If your motherboard has a built-in wireless card (and I believe it's the case), you may have to disable it in BIOS, if it's at all possible.

Edited by Hervé

Ok I'll do it I removed AIrportBrcmFixup, and the output that you mentioned is the result of he run me tool?

No I have nothing cached in my S/L/E or L/E.

And yes I have an wireless card in my motherboard but I excluded it in the SSDT-UIAC.aml, and in the boot section of clover... I'm wrong?

Disabling the wireless card in bios I think is not possible... but I'm verifying it right now...

Edited by MorenoAv

Yes, you're wrong again if you think SSDT-UIAC.aml or that boot option excludes/disables your built-in wireless card. That table has only 1 purpose: define all your USB ports. It has absolutely nothing to do with wireless, which is a PCIe device. As for the boot option, I guess you're talking about "uia_exclude=HS14" (I've never seen that kind of option before) and, if valid, it certainly aims to disable or bypass USB port HS14 for a reason you'd have to explain.

When I ask about a zipped saved output from IOREgistryExplorer app, I mean exactly that. I don't know how to be more specific or clear about the matter... -_-

Edited by Hervé

Hi @SavageAUS

No I didn't touch the kexts the only thing that I do is mount the damn thing...

I have read many posts and almost all success stories, but mine is a no go... yet

But bluetooth is 100% better that my previous BT / Wifi Module BCM94602CS I think...

Her it is my Ioreg dump...

iMac de AC.zip

iMac-de-AC.zip

Color me stupid then @Hervé ... I was almost sure that the ssdt solved the problem, I have looked in bios and I din't see an option to disable the built in wireless adapter...the only solution is removing it...

Try powering down your machine, remove the card, power up then down, put card back in and power up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try powering down your machine, remove the card, power up then down, put card back in and power up.

You've clearly not removed AirportBrcmFixup since I still see it referenced in IOReg <_< (or you also cache it from SLE or LE on top of Clover injection) but there is absolutely no sign of your BCM94360 card at all. This may result from one of the following:

• the PCIe slot is somehow faulty or disabled (Bluetooth is USB only, through the cable you connected to an internal USB port)
  • the card is faulty
  • the card is not properly fitted into the PCIe slot
  • the card is being ignored due to some BIOS settings

All in all, I'd say the issue is of physical nature, not of OS/bootloader's. Can't see anything wrong with the latter. Try and remove the built-in card if at all possible since it's Intel and not supported. I see it here in IOReg:

Built-in_Intel_wireless.jpg.e7e12729e372273e356a0ee564b98dc8.jpg

One question though: you inject cosmetic properties for that Fenvi card against a PCIe device located @1,0. How did you identify this? Or was it just a guess?

Fenvi_properties_injection.jpg.51fe4eb56e3cd8fb0a3d81eaf1331c21.jpg

Edited by Hervé

Ok I'll follow your suggestions and her it is the result of IORegistryExplorer 2.1...

My motherboard is a mini itx and only have an PCI slot x16 that is the slot for the graphics card... 

And i removed it from kexts other, bu I forgot to empty the trash... now I think that is wright....

iMac de AC.zip

None of the 3 x posted IOReg files ever showed a dGPU so no possible doubts on that front. Removing the kext from the Clover folder is sufficient to take effect, no need to empty the trash.

Either PCIe slot is disabled in BIOS or card is faulty or incorrectly fitted into the slot. Can't be anything else.

Edited by Hervé

Thanks @Hervé, tomorrow I remove the card and install it again... the pci cosmetics is only that and that adapter was the one before the fenvi... I din't touch in the pic injection, with this fenvi card...

You helped a lot, now I know that is the card, maybe it is defective or is not installed correctly...

Yes, now that you've stated you only have 1 x PCIe slot, it all makes sense and your cosmetic properties injection are all Ok. If you had a working card into the slot, you can indeed exclude an issue with the slot itself and all points to the card then...

Edited by Hervé

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

If it turns out to be the card you could use one of these.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333164705287

I have one of those, but the constant and annoying stuttering of my AirPods was the reason for buying an Fenvi card... that and after trying the fenvi card the stuttering of my AirPods and the quality that is way better, the only thing that is missing is making it work...

Thanks anyway :D 

Edited by MorenoAv

After some investigating I found the schematics of my Z390 board, and some description of the specifications of the Fenvi card, and it says that it works in all 3 PCIe slots, for that reason it can be the card that is defective?

Captura de ecrã 2019-09-27, às 15.11.36.png

Captura de ecrã 2019-09-27, às 14.59.10.png

At home again... removing and installing all the pieces of hack and the Fenvi card don't work after I removed the intel wifi card from the motherboard... I'm going to return it, but I'm disappointed I liked the strong bluetooth the non stuttering of my AirPods...

Thanks to all that tried to help...

Do you have another hack or know someone with a hack that you can try the card in?
It could be your pci slot

Do you have another hack or know someone with a hack that you can try the card in?
It could be your pci slot