Dual Display (DP + HDMI) | Vega 64 | 10.14.6

JTSaysWhat

6 posts in this topic

My rig is working great driving a single display from Vega 64 via DisplayPort, but I'm having a devil of a time getting a TV monitor working via HDMI on the same card.

My TV lights up an input icon when I plug it to the Vega (see attached--notice the next port w/ nothing plugged in is grayed out). So I know some electrons are flowing (maybe EDID?), but it never gets a signal. I've tried several HDMI 2.0 cables.

I'm running a vanilla install of 10.14.6, as iMac19,1, with just Lilu (1.3.8) + Whatevergreen (1.3.1). System recognizes the Vega and seems to be correctly using the UHD630 headlessly. I just can't get HDMI out of the dGPU...

I've tried the "-raddvi" and "agdpmod=vit9696" boot args, no dice. I've tried the kext patch workaround for disabling board verification, also no go (not surprising as I think that method is now obsolete for my setup).

I hit the same wall running 10.14.2 as iMac18,3 with a different platform-id before updating.

Here's my whole EFI.

Any assistance at all is hugely appreciated!! Thanks y'all.

tv-bad.jpg

about.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Hervé for checking that out.

For my most recent update I mostly used this "vanilla" guide (pretty sure this doesn't count as a commercial spin-off?). I used Xcode as my plist editor and Configurator just for mounting EFIs and generating serials/UUIDs.

This author argues that a lot of what Configurator inserts is superfluous, and so far I'm finding I have all the same functionality (dual ethernet, quick-look, App Store, iTunes w/ Apple Music, etc.) that I had in my last setup (10.14.2), which I got using the "beast" tools from tmac. But neither setup will give me HDMI -> TV...

I'll try using a fully Configurator-derived config just to see if it helps. In the meantime I'm super grateful for any more advice from this community!

I have this issue as well

I am running a dx58so with w3680 (basically the identical hardware to a real Mac Pro 5,1)

while using lilu , WEG and AHDA the system has a couple issues that I didn't have when this hardware (albeit with a gtx660 instead of a VEGA 56) was running with a  custom DSDT and it would sleep and wake no issue with dual monitors one being a TV on a DP with a DP to hdmi adapter

currently the WEG is using a generic ati frame buffer as it seems unable to figure out system hardware pre sandy 

further, their seems no easy way to edit it.

the new clover tells us to run vanilla DSDT and use hot patching which I am having a hard time producing adequate patches as I think that it emulates or compensates for much newer hardware and does not rename and patch older hardware correctly

I would love to get some additional help in getting my rig moved from a well functioning el cap installation to mojave

thanks in advance for anyone willing to take a look at my files and help out!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've got two DP outputs from the Vega 64 going right now--my main computer display, and my TV (the one I was trying to drive w/ HDMI port) via a DP->HDMI adaptor.

It looks like all three DP ports work on my card (Sapphire ref version). Haven't tried more than two at once yet though. And I still can't get the HDMI port to work for the life of me...

(Sorry for the late reply on my part.)