ati hd7850 gray screen in Mojave 10.14.6

linvers

8 posts in this topic

My computer's cpu is AMD FX 8350,and graphics card is ati hd7850.

1297214523_.thumb.jpg.83681c222ee33b5ddce2180c4b3ff014.jpg

when i boot installation,the graphics card' DIV port no signal, and HDMI port dislay a gray screen.

so how to fix it ?

here is my EFI configurations.

EFI.zip

Edited by linvers

Guest ricoc90

Back in the days I was running Mavericks and Yosemite on a FX 8120 in combination with a XFX Radeon HD 7850 and it wouldn't work without a patched framebuffer because the personalities in the 7000controller kext did not match with my card, thus I would always have a black screen.
I need to admit that I don't know how that's done using WhateverGreen but all I did back then was changing the port layout (I can't really remember what I did exactly because it's 5 years ago, but I believe the framebuffer had a hdmi connector on port 1 whereas my card had a DVI connector on that port so I changed that)

Edited by ricoc90

4 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

Back in the days I was running Mavericks and Yosemite on a FX 8120 in combination with a XFX Radeon HD 7850 and it wouldn't work without a patched framebuffer because the personalities in the 7000controller kext did not match with my card, thus I would always have a black screen.
I need to admit that I don't know how that's done using WhateverGreen but all I did back then was changing the port layout (I can't really remember what I did exactly because it's 5 years ago, but I believe the framebuffer had a hdmi connector on port 1 whereas my card had a DVI connector on that port so I changed that)

Yeah modification method can work too but it was used long before Lilu and WEG which there were no other alternative.

this is how to modify AMD FrameBuffer (this is an old topic and might not work under Mojave)

@Cyberdevs I've resolved this problem.  ATI HD7850 graphics card only mini DP ports can working fine. When I installed the macOS by vanilla USB Driver, I got a new problem with the clover boot loader.P90828-215859.thumb.jpg.b78b591ff269a7710a2bfdf957ffb088.jpg

When I boot macOS from the EFI partition. the boot hangs at here. so how to fix it. same EFI configuration.

18 hours ago, linvers said:

@Cyberdevs I've resolved this problem.  ATI HD7850 graphics card only mini DP ports can working fine. When I installed the macOS by vanilla USB Driver, I got a new problem with the clover boot loader.

When I boot macOS from the EFI partition. the boot hangs at here. so how to fix it. same EFI configuration.

What did you change in the EFI folder? it was booting the last time you used it EFI I sent you correct?