4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have installed OSx86 10.11 (El Capitan) on April 2016 on my Asus Z170 Deluxe system.

For installation I used this Thread.

I used it a lot and it worked well. Meanwhile I switched to Linux and I use Win10 time to time. So OSX was forgotten. Also it did not boot correctly anymore.

Now I wanted to start with a fresh installation and use OSX more often again. I want to use OSX 10.13 High Sierra. Is it working on my Asus Z170 Deluxe? I have the same Hardware as of April 2016 only the graphics card was updated to a Nvidia GTX1080.

My Hardware in detail: Asus Z-170-Deluxe (Bios 3801), i7-6700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, Samsung 950 Pro/M2 NVME 512MB, HDD 4 TB)

Can I use some of support files from the old thread for the installation (see attachment)? Can I still use  Clover 2.3k r3292 Special Edition v2 ? Or do I need a newer version?

Has someone installed High Sierra successfully on the Asus Z170 Deluxe ?

About some hints where to start I would be thankful.

regards

JackBauer24

Z170DeluxeFiles.zip

Edited by JackBauer24

Advertisement

@MaLd0n: Thank you for the hint how to start the installation.

I have successfully installed High Sierra on my SSD with the Olarila Image. Booting the system with USB-stick is also working.

Now I am a bit confused installing Clover on my SSD. Is it correct to install Clover on the "Macintosh HD"? I can't remember how I have done it in 2016 with El Capitan.

The Clover Configurator shows the "EFI on Windows 10, APFS Container [Macintosh HD]" entry were my old Clover version v2.3k r3224 from 2016 is installed.

This EFI partition is mounted but I can't see it in the Clover Installer or select it as destination. As reference I have attached the Clover installation-log from the 10.11 installation in 2016.

Can I simply overwrite the "Clover-" and "Boot-" folder on my EFI Partition to update the Clover installation? I am afraid of modifying the Clover installation on my EFI Partition until the PC doesn't boot with boot manager anymore.

What must I do to install it correctly?

clover_install_1.jpg

clover_install_2.jpg

efi_partition_cur_old_clover.jpg

efi_contents_clover.jpg

old_clover_install_log_2016.jpg

mac_disk_info.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pentothal.Z
      Hello all,
      I have a working hackintosh....ok.....but it takes a lot to boot and according to the boot.log there are a few problems.
      One of them is a black screen that stays on for a long time.
      I would like to ask anyone in this community some help to fine tune my machine.
      Boot.log and config.plist attached

Any help would be appreciated.
      bootlog.txt
      config.plist
    • By metaphysician
      hi folks! i'm just checking for opinions here on a Clover based install of High Sierra. currently i can't boot directly from the internal drive on my hackbook, an ASUS ROG GL502-VS laptop (with the replaced WiFi card), though i can boot from the USB bootloader/installer

i installed 10.13.6 fine using a prepared vanilla installer on HFS+ (not APFS), but my configuration is somewhat unusual. i have two drives. the first SSD has the Windows system, the second has two partitions with the 2nd partition holding the macOS system. when i ran Clover installer i could not use the UEFI option to copy to the EFI partition because it couldn't find one on that drive. so it installed the EFI folder on the root of the macOS partition instead.

however, after a bit of tinkering around, i found out that there is an existing EFI partition on the primary drive called SYSTEM. it has a EFI folder and underneath that is a Windows folder, a Boot folder, and one called APPLE. i can mount this partition with Clover Configurator and copy files to it, but i don't know if this is a good or risky solution. i was thinking i would manually copy the CLOVER folder and the uefi64.boot file to this partition , making sure not to overwrite anything existing. using the UEFI setup, i can create a boot path from the SYSTEM partition to the Clover boot file, but i'm just curious if this is a useful solution or not, and i don't want to ruin the existing Windows 10 installation for sure. any advice appreciated!
    • By Slice
      OK, 4988 released.
      Now, @vector sigma, what have we do to update translations?
    • By dracoflar
      So you've been reading the forum on this brand new boot loader called OpenCore hoping to try it out but you take one look at the configurations PDF and take a step back in shock at the complexity! Well if you've been feeling a bit intimidated by the DOCS well you've come to the right place:

OpenCore Vanilla Desktop Guide

If you have any issues or suggestions please feel free to comment

- Your local neighbourhood Hackintosh Slav
    • By fusion71au
      Clover r4989 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4989 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4989-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.