Help Installing 10.13 on Asus Z170 Deluxe

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have installed OSx86 10.11 (El Capitan) on April 2016 on my Asus Z170 Deluxe system.

For installation I used this Thread.

I used it a lot and it worked well. Meanwhile I switched to Linux and I use Win10 time to time. So OSX was forgotten. Also it did not boot correctly anymore.

Now I wanted to start with a fresh installation and use OSX more often again. I want to use OSX 10.13 High Sierra. Is it working on my Asus Z170 Deluxe? I have the same Hardware as of April 2016 only the graphics card was updated to a Nvidia GTX1080.

My Hardware in detail: Asus Z-170-Deluxe (Bios 3801), i7-6700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, Samsung 950 Pro/M2 NVME 512MB, HDD 4 TB)

Can I use some of support files from the old thread for the installation (see attachment)? Can I still use  Clover 2.3k r3292 Special Edition v2 ? Or do I need a newer version?

Has someone installed High Sierra successfully on the Asus Z170 Deluxe ?

About some hints where to start I would be thankful.

regards

JackBauer24

Z170DeluxeFiles.zip

Edited by JackBauer24

@MaLd0n: Thank you for the hint how to start the installation.

I have successfully installed High Sierra on my SSD with the Olarila Image. Booting the system with USB-stick is also working.

Now I am a bit confused installing Clover on my SSD. Is it correct to install Clover on the "Macintosh HD"? I can't remember how I have done it in 2016 with El Capitan.

The Clover Configurator shows the "EFI on Windows 10, APFS Container [Macintosh HD]" entry were my old Clover version v2.3k r3224 from 2016 is installed.

This EFI partition is mounted but I can't see it in the Clover Installer or select it as destination. As reference I have attached the Clover installation-log from the 10.11 installation in 2016.

Can I simply overwrite the "Clover-" and "Boot-" folder on my EFI Partition to update the Clover installation? I am afraid of modifying the Clover installation on my EFI Partition until the PC doesn't boot with boot manager anymore.

What must I do to install it correctly?

clover_install_1.jpg

clover_install_2.jpg

efi_partition_cur_old_clover.jpg

efi_contents_clover.jpg

old_clover_install_log_2016.jpg

mac_disk_info.jpg