Thanks to the OSx86 Community For Making This Possible.

12 posts in this topic

As soon as Apple released build 19A471t of Catalina for testing, I tried to install it on my machine, which was running Mojave 10.14.5 completely fine.

The initial install went fine... Up until the "Start MacOS Install Prebooter from Preboot" part.

Right when the OS tried to load the display driver,  pink stripes would appear on the screen and it would just sit there for almost 40 minutes... then it would continue the install, just to get stuck again on the next reboot.

I was almost giving up and had already downloaded a fedora Linux ISO to remove macOS from the computer...

After reading up a bit, I found that this was due to Clover 4934 not being able to inject kexts correctly onto Catalina... Then a user on a Facebook group posted Clover 4937 and updated Lilu+Plugins kexts... It worked!

But Catalina was still running a little sluggish... I thought it was because I upgraded from Mojave... Did a clean install...

Still I felt something was not OK...

Then earlier today I decided to reinstall Mojave and upgrade to Catalina again, but this time, using Clover 4940 and updated Kexts found here...

Result: Now macOS Catalina is running very well, very stable and smooth.

Will install and test every beta!

Thanks to Community Members who took their time to compile updated kexts and Clover to give us, end users, a better Hackintosh experience

I tried install the developer with your hints, the first part of installation was ok, but on reboot it booted into a grey screen. I guess something is not correct, maybe some clover drivers missing?

I have:

FirmwareVolume-64.efi
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AudioDxe-64.efi
CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

Do you have more than this?

6 minutes ago, Professor said:

I tried install the developer with your hints, the first part of installation was ok, but on reboot it booted into a grey screen. I guess something is not correct, maybe some clover drivers missing?

I have:

FirmwareVolume-64.efi
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AudioDxe-64.efi
CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

Do you have more than this?

You have redundant and superfluous EFI drivers there.  Do you current need OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi for Mohave?  Pick between OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, but don't use both.

hello

I had success install 10.15 , after second stage install and the first boot I had all the time kernel panic

after 2 days I manage to find that the problem intel hd530 and if I disable it on bios , Catalina boot without any problem

every thing working sound wifi bt usb 

any idea?

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 12.08.51.png

Edited by Bios-PC

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 9:42 AM, ovidoi said:

Hi, not yet video acceleration, but i'm search a solution, need more time.

• Nvidia Quadro K5000 for Mac
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 Mac Edition
  • Nvidia GeForce GT 740

These work natively in Mojave and should work in Catalina.

• Like 1