Acer ES1-572 laptop hackintosh

Ace2213

65 posts in this topic

I'm not sure what did it but at some point Ethernet did start working. I noticed a notification on the app store in the dock which told me I'm online. I checked network preferences and there it was. Full blown Ethernet! 

I next attempted a DSDT patch to enable my I2C Trackpad but it didn't work. The only thing that happened was that rebuilding kext cache now gives me a error 107. Luckily my original DSDT is still around. 

One thing I noticed while applying patches in MaciASL is that in some cases, clicking apply on a patch would seem like it applied, but clicking on the patch again would show that it's still possible to apply it. I'll try DSDT editor in Windows and see if I have better results. 

I'll try your updated kext now and report back. And yes, I do intend to clean up my kext libraries. 

Another thing that I have noticed is that the Keyboard is using USB connections rather than the PS2 so I wonder what would happen if you remove the ApplePS2SmartController.kext from the kext folder as well. I guess it's either gonna fix the keyboard's functionality or disable the keyboard completely lol. But at least you can give it a try.

I'm using an external keyboard via USB, which is why I'm not messing with that. 

Also, at the beginning without any kexts, my built-in keyboard wasn't working, and it was behaving erratically. I'm glad it's not responsive now. I'd rather keep it in this state until I'm able to make it work. 

Going through /S/L/E it looks like I've already removed PS2SmartController, or never put it there to begin with. I got rid of AppleHDA and VoodooHDA. I also found a HDAEnabler but I'm not sure if I installed it. 

AppleALC is throwing up plenty of errors now when rebuilding kext cache. "the following symbols are unresolved" and "prelink failed", and also something related to _lilu_os_log. AppleALC and IO80221 seem to be generating the most errors. 

I'm not using the latest version of Lilu. I'm using the one that came with blackdragon's latest build of ATH9KFixup, 1.26 I believe. Which still isn't working. I could update Lilu to the latest version, but wifi is more important to me than audio for now. 

Trackpad, keyboard and wifi are what I need for an untethered experience. 

Would kex-dev-mode boot arg help? 

Kext-dev-mode is deprecated as far as I know.

Which tool do you use to install the kexts? And did you keep a backup of the original IO80221 kext? If so replace it with the original one and use the last atheros one I gave you

I'm not using a tool anymore. I occasionally use Kext Wizard to repair permissions but I usually do everything manually in /L/E

Speaking of which. I was performing the usual command of setting permissions to a kext when I accidentally hit enter too soon. The result, which was executed, was chmod - R 755 /

I immediately tried to stop it but I couldn't. I force quit terminal, but it was too late. Terminal stopped working, giving me an error upon launch. I did some research and found out that I needed to delete/rename /usr/bin/login. Doing so restored terminal functionality, but without sudo. Trying to invoke any sudo command tells me that /usr/bin/sudo should be owned by uuid 0. But the only way to change ownership on it is using sudo. 

The only solution I could find was to reboot into recovery where you're logged in as sudo and change ownership there. Except that I'm not able to boot into recovery, probably because of this. I'm hit with a panic whenever I try. 

Unless you know of any solution to this, I'll have to reinstall macOS. 

I'm not able to access the APFS partition in Windows, I've already tried. Luckily, until today, I was downloading everything in Windows and then putting it on the HDD which is accessible by both. So I have a backup of everything I downloaded. 

9 hours ago, Ace2213 said:

Wow. Don't ask me how, but my built-in keyboard is now magically working all of a sudden. I'm going to backup all my current kexts in /S/L/E and /L/E and perform a dirty reinstall.

Well that's another good news but I wonder why are you doing a dirty installation instead of doing a clean install?

4 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Well that's another good news but I wonder why are you doing a dirty installation instead of doing a clean install?

I wanted to save my progress so far but after a reboot my keyboard stopped again so I celebrated too soon. So basically the only things I got working were the battery status and ethernet. The keyboard may have only worked because of some DSDT patch I did, not sure.

I ended up going with a clean install since updating from inside macOS didn't fix anything and I was unable to run the createinstallmedia command and neither diskmaker X nor install disk maker were working. I created the boot drive in a VM again and wiped the whole macOS partition to make sure all files get replaced. 

I'll just start with making battery, ethernet and keyboard work since I roughly know how now and then I'll pick up where I left off.

Edited by Ace2213

I'm so glad I performed a clean install. I must have done things so wrong/messily the first time around.

On first boot, I installed the ethernet kext, instantly got online. I then installed the patched AppleHDA and the two kexts needed for WiFi (all from the Brazilian archive made for my laptop) in /S/L/E using Kext Utility and put everything else in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. By "everything else" I mean:

ACPIBatteryManager, CodecCommander, the 2 WiFi kexts, the 3 Intel Graphics Fake PCIID kexts, HDAEnabler, IO80211Family, VoodooPS2Controller and the 2 VoodooI2C kexts. 

Upon reboot, battery status, graphics, WiFi and keyboard were all working! I'm sure there was a ton of conflicting kexts before that were causing problems.

Audio, touchpad, Bluetooth, webcam and screen brightness still don't work. I seem to be having difficulty with the DSDT patch required to make the I2C touchpad work, and I don't even want to get into SSDT patching because it seems even more complex than DSDT patching and that was bad enough. 

I can live without brightness control, bluetooth and webcam, but I really need my touchpad and audio working. I'm so close to having a fully functioning mackintosh laptop.

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 10.57.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 10.56.43 PM.png

Edited by Ace2213
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ace2213 said:

I'm so glad I performed a clean install. I must have done things so wrong/messily the first time around.

On first boot, I installed the ethernet kext, instantly got online. I then installed the patched AppleHDA and the two kexts needed for WiFi (all from the Brazilian archive made for my laptop) in /S/L/E using Kext Utility and put everything else in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. By "everything else" I mean:

ACPIBatteryManager, CodecCommander, the 2 WiFi kexts, the 3 Intel Graphics Fake PCIID kexts, HDAEnabler, IO80211Family, VoodooPS2Controller and the 2 VoodooI2C kexts. 

Upon reboot, battery status, graphics, WiFi and keyboard were all working! I'm sure there was a ton of conflicting kexts before that were causing problems.

Audio, touchpad, Bluetooth, webcam and screen brightness still don't work. I seem to be having difficulty with the DSDT patch required to make the I2C touchpad work, and I don't even want to get into SSDT patching because it seems even more complex than DSDT patching and that was bad enough. 

I can live without brightness control, bluetooth and webcam, but I really need my touchpad and audio working. I'm so close to having a fully functioning mackintosh laptop.

Congrats!

I suggest to make a backup of your working EFI folder and you can (almost) get all the other parts to work with a little bit of research and help from other people that have similar hardware as you do :)

5 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Congrats!

I suggest to make a backup of your working EFI folder and you can (almost) get all the other parts to work with a little bit of research and help from other people that have similar hardware as you do :)

Thank you so much for all your help!

I was actually wondering what I would need to backup. Wouldn't I need to backup any kexts in /S/L/E or /L/E? Because there are a couple of kexts that I installed directly there.

2 minutes ago, Ace2213 said:

Thank you so much for all your help!

I was actually wondering what I would need to backup. Wouldn't I need to backup any kexts in /S/L/E or /L/E? Because there are a couple of kexts that I installed directly there.

As I mentioned before you need to copy all the 3rd party kexts inside the /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for keeping a vanilla installation and for easier maintenance of your bootable config so except for a few cases that the kexts needs to installed inside /S/L/E or /L/E always use the EFI folder. The files and folders inside clover's EFI folder which are the most important are:

ACPI/Patched

Config.plist

drivers64UEFI

kexts

All the other files and folder will be replaced or updated during any clover installations.

BUT you can copy the whole EFI folder if you want, that's what I do. Besides after you install any newer version of the Clover, it will create a copy of your lates EFI folder inside the root of the partition that macOS and Clover are installed.

And finally keep a copy of any kexts that you have to installed inside /S/L/E or /L/E all the other kext inside those folders will be updated or replace by any major macOS update and in some cases with each security update or other minor system updates.

11 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

As I mentioned before you need to copy all the 3rd party kexts inside the /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for keeping a vanilla installation and for easier maintenance of your bootable config so except for a few cases that the kexts needs to installed inside /S/L/E or /L/E always use the EFI folder. The files and folders inside clover's EFI folder which are the most important are:

ACPI/Patched

Config.plist

drivers64UEFI

kexts

All the other files and folder will be replaced or updated during any clover installations.

BUT you can copy the whole EFI folder if you want, that's what I do. Besides after you install any newer version of the Clover, it will create a copy of your lates EFI folder inside the root of the partition that macOS and Clover are installed.

And finally keep a copy of any kexts that you have to installed inside /S/L/E or /L/E all the other kext inside those folders will be updated or replace by any major macOS update and in some cases with each security update or other minor system updates.

I see. I'll definitely do that then.

My DSDT patch wasn't successful. I've already reverted to the original file.