Acer Aspire V5-591G Fn Brightness keys not working

kushwavez

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have everything working on my Acer notebook, except FN + Brightness keys using VoodoPS2Controller.kext

Now the brightness keys are "Pause+Break = Brightness Up" and "Fn+F12 = Brightness Down" working right now but they are not the actual keys. 

The actual brightness keys are "Fn+RightArrow = Brightness Up" and "Fn+LeftArrow = Brightness Down" but they are not working.

The problem is I don't know the codes.

Installed ioio and enabled debugging to console:

Pause/Break is generating: "ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e045=71" which upper the brightness

Fn+F12 is generating: "ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 46=6b" which lower the brightness

Fn+RightArrow/LeftArrow generates nothing.
Keyboard attached to PS2K

Then I used rehabman's guide to enable ACPIDebugging, Installed kext to L/E, Debug methods (Instrument EC Queries, Add DSDT Debug Methods) to DSDT, but there are no codes generated to the log.

Attaching debug folder.

Also I don't know if it will help, but on Linux I got a code from decreasing/rising brightness with Fn+Left/RightArrow keys:

Fn+RightArrow: "0xe0 0x54 0xe0 0xd4"

Fn+Left: "0xe0 0x4c 0xe0 0xcc"

Also I love using EMlyDinEsH's SmartTouchpad Driver, with that all of my Fn keys are working except Brigtness keys ofc. If there are any fix I would like to use that with the smarttouchpad driver. 

EMlyDinEsH's SmartTouchpad Driver: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

Specs in my signature. 

Please help me fix this very last issue on my acer.

debug_4751.zip

• 4 weeks later...