How to check if your hackintosh is finally ready?

vendigo

4 posts in this topic

Hello. I installed high sierra 10.13.6.  My pc: 

MOTHER: MSI b250m pro vdh

CPU: i-7700k 4.2 Ghz

Graphic Card: integrated: intel hd 630 | Discrete: Nvidia 1050 ti (Inno3d)

RAM: 16gb crucial 

HDD: seagete 1tb

SSD: I turned it off, it has windows 7 on it.

Everything works fine! But I wonder 2 questions:

1. Is there any checkup list of making sure you made all needed operations? For example, shouldnt I optimize my cpu for not overheat or other stuff?

2. I want to turn in SSD with windows 7 on it. Can Hackintosh damage it while making some random calls  to it r any manipulation trying to index it etc. Should I trim it or what?

Thanks!

Also heres my small story of success

For those who have download problem from appstore (20mb installer instead of 5gb), (but CAREFULLY, it can reinstall all your OS, you can try  it in virtual without reinstaling, it shouldnt allow you that) :

Spoiler

I got only 22 mb installer HighSierra.app in my Applications, so I after some google I found the solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/72nqmz/creating_install_media_for_high_seirra_from_the/

So in other words:

0. Prepare your usb. Erase everything indefault macos extended settings, and dont forgot the name. I typed USB

1 I run that 22mb installer, Install it on other drive than my main system (for example flash drive or other hdd). Wait untill it will download all 5 gb. It will say continue or reboot, to finish your 

2 Then go to Applications, rename Intall High Sierra.app to HighSierra.app (easier to handle)

3 Press High Sierra.app right click, 'show package' Go into Content folder

Create a folder named SharedSupport

5 Go to your folder where you 'installed' highSierra on other drive. Then copy all the data from /macOS Install Data/. into /Applications/HighSierra.app/Content/SharedSupport

6 First main trick: open terminal. press 'cd ..' without braces. It will make you go on 1 level down. press 'ls' to understand where are you. You should go inside /Applications/HighSierra.app/Content/Resources

7 write sudo createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB (its the name of my usb) This should create bootable usb

8 Then I went here https://hackintosher.com/guides/high-sierra-install-full-guide/ And downloaded al clover files from there. Reboot, run install. If you have error with expired you can easily google an answers.

9. The second TRICK: So it gave the error: macos could not be installed on your computer the installer resources were not found

Open the terminal on above menu, press a few times here and there to make it visible. And with cd .. and ls go to volumes. You will see  names of your usb and hdd where you are installing the system. Remeber it and copy from the USB  InstallESDDmg pkg from to the hard drive into /macOS Install Data/

The command: cp /Volumes/USB/HighSierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESDDmg.pkg /Volumes/<your HDD name>/macOS Install Data/

if you have other names of usb or app look it up

10. After install finish with clover settings: https://hackintosher.com/guides/macos-high-sierra-hackintosh-install-clover-walkthrough/ and install nvidia graphic webdriver ihttps://hackintosher.com/guides/properly-install-nvidia-drivers-high-sierra-10-13/

Thats it. It works perfectly on my specs

1 hour ago, vendigo said:

1. Is there any checkup list of making sure you made all needed operations? For example, shouldnt I optimize my cpu for not overheat or other stuff? 

AppleIntelInfo:

Or Intel Power Gadget :)

1 hour ago, vendigo said:

2. I want to turn in SSD with windows 7 on it. Can Hackintosh damage it while making some random calls  to it r any manipulation trying to index it etc. Should I trim it or what?

Windows 7 in that machine!...hmmm

But don't worry, if you install both systems correctly you'll not have problems.

16 hours ago, vendigo said:

Please help me with trim problem?

Yes, it's easy, run this command at Terminal:

sudo trimforce enable

SHould I trim that ssd with windows?

Yes

Can mac harm it? 

No