RagK

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

Intel CORE i3 540

Intel HD GRAPHICS (yes there is no number given on ark intel )

DT55TC (Mother Board )

4 GB DDR3 RAM

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

I successfully installed Mojave but i could not get graphics working so i decided to roll back to High Sierra.

So i am currently running on Mojave and i get an error of 

Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in () com.apple.bsd.dirhelper 

while installing through USB using clover. 

I attaching the image and clover zip file 

Earlier i had issue of waiting for DSMOS... but i fixed it using FakeSMC.kext on clover as well as installer USB ... (i felt worth mentioning)

IMG_20190207_145041-01.jpeg

EFI.zip

Edited by RagK

48 minutes ago, Hervé said:

That's juts a warning and you can ignore it. If booting does not get beyond that point, it's because your Clover setup is incorrect: ACPI patching, CPU power management, Kernel & Kext Patches, SMBIOS, ...

User Clover Configurator app to adjust your settings.

Oh, and since it's a desktop, not a laptop, you should add a supported graphics card. There are entry-level cards <50 $/€ that will do fine such as, say Kepler-based Nvidia GT710.

Is graphic card necessary for installation and will stock clover do the installation ?

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

You should be able to install but I expect you'd then run without graphics support.

But then in  which version will the graphics be supported ? Or if I installed this then will there be frame drop like in Mojave ? Thanks for your support ...:thumbsup_anim:

32 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Apple manufactured 3 lines of iMac with Clarkdale CPU: iMac11,1, iMac11,2 and iMac11,3.

If you look at the specs of these models on everymac.com, you'll see that all only run on discrete graphics cards (AMD Radeon HD 4xxx or 5xxx).

If you have looked at the Bible thread on 1st gen Intel HD graphics, you must have seen it applied only to laptops, not desktops. I don't know the device id(s) of Clarkdale's iGPUs but if they do not match those of the Arrandale (and I expect them to be different), it's fair to say they're not supported. Only the MacBookPro6,x used 1st gen Intel HD graphics (as part of a dual GPU arrangement). If you look at the IntelHDGraphicsFB kext (the 1st gen Intel HD graphics framebuffer), you'll see that, as stated in the aforementioned Bible thread, the only 2 x 1st gen Intel HD iGPUs that are supported are 8086:0042 and 8086:0046.

You shouldn't have any hesitation and opt for an add-on graphics card.

Yes you are really right ... 

leave graphics 

please tell if i could get smooth hackintosh without graphic card

my father wont allow me to buy one at least for now because i am in 10th grade...

12 minutes ago, Hervé said:

No, without a supported graphics card, the Hack will be slow and you'll experience all sorts of graphics corruption. This will make your Hack unusable. You need a graphics card, there is no way around this. Save your pocket money and for about 30€/$/£, get yourself a GT710.

Before installing mojave i had installed EI Capital on VMwre and it had transparent dock and graphics were working ...

is't it strange ? i mean i am just clearing my doubts ... (i would just look for graphic card)

Also tellthecheapest graphic card which would be supported...(i live in india and even GT710 is costly here)

Edited by RagK

18 hours ago, Hervé said:

Choice is more limited with Mojave because of the switch to Metal.

In High Sierra, older AMD and nVidia cards remain supported. Not all of course but a much wider choice. For instance some old Tesla generation nVidia cards still fully work like GeForce G210 or even older G86-based cards like Geforce 8400/8500/8600/9400, etc.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/nvidia-g86.g57

Look for 2nd-hand cards.

Thankyou very much....just tell if I installed EI Capital will graphics be ok ?

@Hervé  I found something on Wikipedia    (also back on windows) 

Please have a look at it 

Capture.PNG

Edited by RagK

11 hours ago, Hervé said:

Well, since Clarkdale iGPUs appear to carry the same id as those of Arrandale mobile versions, you're good to go according to the Bible for 1st gen Intel HD graphics.

Good luck.

Glad to know but still I have same issue and pc is not booting

Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in () com.apple.bsd.dirhelper 

Please help with this @Hervé...

I have attached efi folder and image in the post .. 

Edited by RagK

On 2/8/2019 at 12:32 PM, Hervé said:

Well, since Clarkdale iGPUs appear to carry the id 8086:0042, you're good to go according to the Bible for 1st gen Intel HD graphics.

Good luck.

Hey I have successfully installed High Sierra after long struggle ...

Still stuck in graphics... Please tell whether I should use HDMI or D Sub cable and yes which Frame Buffer ? 

Should I patch V BIOS using Clover Configuration ? And should I use legacy folder of Sierra(mentioned in Bible ) on High Sierra ?