AUDIO not working on Mojave (L421X)

Orangeboomerang

7 posts in this topic

attached debugging files.  I have most of Mojave working, power and video, etc.  The remaining item is my audio !   I've been struggling for a while now and don't feel like I'm making much progress.  

I have the correct config file I believe.  I think my problem is that I'm not injecting the audio correctly.  I've opened up config in plist editor pro, went down to properties and removed the "#" from in front of layoutid, hdagfx, and comment.  That did nothing.  See attached photo.  anyone have any thoughts?

thanks in advance!

debug_23916_DEC7.zip

20181208_100547.jpg

10 hours ago, Orangeboomerang said:

attached debugging files.  I have most of Mojave working, power and video, etc.  The remaining item is my audio !   I've been struggling for a while now and don't feel like I'm making much progress.  

I have the correct config file I believe.  I think my problem is that I'm not injecting the audio correctly.  I've opened up config in plist editor pro, went down to properties and removed the "#" from in front of layoutid, hdagfx, and comment.  That did nothing.  See attached photo.  anyone have any thoughts?

thanks in advance!

debug_23916_DEC7.zip

20181208_100547.jpg

It depends on which audio codec your laptop uses to which layout you need to inject. Not that it would work anyway as i don't see AppleALC.kext or Lilu.kext in your kext folder.

Knowing the exact specs (Put in your signature) will help greatly.

Edited by SavageAUS

17 hours ago, Orangeboomerang said:

have updated my profile information.  Sorry about that!  

attached a latest debug package.  I have lilu and alc installed to library/extensions.  I have read elsewhere this is the best way to do it.   Is it not?

debug_3438_DEC8.zip

It's easier to see which kexts you are using if they are in EFI.

Some kexts need to installed in S/L/E or L/E but most 3rd party kexts are fine in EFI.

Also need hardware spex. signature is not filled out.

Edited by SavageAUS

Step one, what is your codec <- do your homework

Step two, is it supported <- do you homework

if yes, follow guid by searching for AppleACL implementation

if no, try using VooDooHDA in EFI

in my case, HP 840 G2 is not supported, I use VooDooHDA, not perfect but it works.

• Like 1