Audio card not showing up

jdorz

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have been running my Hackintosh for about a month now and almost everything is rock solid. Power, apps, performance, even iCloud services are all working. The only issue that I have left is that Mojave refuses to see my integrated sound card. Right now, I am using a usb sound card as a work around but would like to get native working if possible.

I have a Gigabyte H370 HD3 with an 8400 coffee lake processor. The audio codec appears to be a Realtek ALC887. I have tried numerous tutorials to no avail and am pretty much at my wits end on this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, jdorz said:
Hello all,

I have been running my Hackintosh for about a month now and almost everything is rock solid. Power, apps, performance, even iCloud services are all working. The only issue that I have left is that Mojave refuses to see my integrated sound card. Right now, I am using a usb sound card as a work around but would like to get native working if possible.

I have a Gigabyte H370 HD3 with an 8400 coffee lake processor. The audio codec appears to be a Realtek ALC887. I have tried numerous tutorials to no avail and am pretty much at my wits end on this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you tried latest Lilu.kext + AppleALC.kext + correct layout id?

Depending on what you have tried you may need to restore the native AppleHDA.kext.

Also which version of macOS?

May also help if you post your CLOVER folder minus themes if you have a lot and remove serial numbers.

Also add system specs to signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SavageAUS

1 hour ago, jdorz said:

I do have the latest lilu and AppleALC in there. I have tried every possible layout ID per some tonymac guides.

I have not used multicast or aCLOVER.zipnything like that which would have modified the native AppleHDA.kext file. MacOS 10.14.1

You have layout-id set in DSDT and in config.plist, both are different, see HERE for audio layout implementation and HERE for layout id's <- required removal of layout-id from DSDT.

OR

Remove layout-id from config.plist and set it correctly in DSDT or remove from DSDT and set in config.plist correctly but if you choose the config.plist method i would use the method i linked above.

Made changes to config.plist, if you use it, backup your current one first. <-- Will not fix audio.

config.plist

an alternative. I have been using this with my Hack for the past three years, works out of the box. 

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Performance-Headphone-Integrated-Microphone/dp/B00EZT7RE4/ref=sr_1_11?s=pc&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1542033134&amp;sr=1-11&amp;keywords=USB+sound+card

an even cheaper option is this below, I am using it for my Garage computer.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1542033134&amp;sr=1-3&amp;keywords=USB+sound+card

I have been able to get on board sound working but at the end of the day, I like my systems to be as out of the box as possible. only tweaks I do is for sleep to work.