Upgrade to Mojave

d620osx

21 posts in this topic

Hi

Help please.. 

I am currently using a HP8200 i5 2400 but it is setup as:

iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)

3.09 GHz Intel Core i5

So I cannot update it to Mojave is there away of changing the type so that I can upgrade without breaking (messages and FaceTime) everything that is working.

Thank you

• 11 months later...
On 10/17/2018 at 4:25 PM, Allan said:
Follow this method: http://dosdude1.com/mojave/

Hi

Wanted to see if I can migrate to Mojave, and with the help of the above method got to update the osx version. However if have two issues which I want to fix before I move over.

1. Apple magic mouse no longer connects, I think nothing Bluetooth connects with the usb dongle I have been using with Sierra where it works as expected. - Now fixed by Re-setting Bluetooth Module.

2. I can put it to sleep but when I wake it using a usb keyboard, the screens remain blank.

To fix the above do I need to make changes to my dsdt?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Edited by d620osx

Run this app, and upload the file result here.
RunMe

Maybe [mention=557433]MaLd0n[/mention] will be able to help you with the DSDT patching.
Thank you@allan.

I ended up wiping the Mojave partition on the hd, so will try and re-install and run the file.

Is the method you pointed out still the best method to upgrade to Mojave from Sierra whilst using hfs formatted hd on an unsupported machine.

Thank you

Sorry @Allan,

Have spent most of this afternoon trying to get Mojave re-installed without success.

I created a usb driver with the dosdude1, to that I installed clover 5077, copied my EFI which is working fine with Sierra (have tried with the EFI from olarila link too) on the usb and tried re-booting. I get to clover and then it tries to run the install but keep getting stuck at the screen shots attached.

I am sure I had a similar issue before and either you or Maldon helped.

What am I doing wrong please?

Thank you

IMG_1140.JPG

Downloaded the file which is labelled as Olarila Mojave 10.14.6 18G95.raw.bz2, unzipped it using Archive Utility, then launched the Create Install Media, it starts off the then complains about a file missing. Am I doing something worng?

Thank you

Use the Etcher.app, it's better and easy.

@allan, thank you for all your help today. Got as far as booting form the new created usb, but as soon as I select the installer option it took me to another screen to choose the boot device. Not sure if this is to do with uefi or something else.

Have given up for now will try again another day.
Use the Etcher.app, it's better and easy.

@allan, thank you for all your help today. Got as far as booting form the new created usb, but as soon as I select the installer option it took me to another screen to choose the boot device. Not sure if this is to do with uefi or something else.

Have given up for now will try again another day.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning,

I have given up on Catalina for now as my GPU is also not supported, and if I upgrade to the RX570, the power supply in my machine will not support it.

Please can someone help with fixing my sleep/wake issues. I can put the machine to sleep, but when I wake from USB keyboard, it starts, stops and the starts but only have a blank screen.

I have tried USBPorts.kext and the just made the system loop, start, stop, start, stop etc. I am sure it is a user error.

I have added the files from the rune.app.

Edit: Looks like I have also broken sleep. Just goes in a loop with blank screens.

Thank you

Send me iMac.zip

Edited by d620osx

Hi

Sorry to bump this thread. Any suggestions of what else I could try to get Mojave to sleep and wake on my machine.

Thank you

Hi

Sorry to bump this thread. Any suggestions of what else I could try to get Mojave to sleep and wake on my machine.

Thank you