Jump to content
jackluke

Mojave "light mode" hybrid transparency "patch" WORKING (with proof pictures)

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Those who use Mojave with an OpenGL (non-Metal) Video Card in "dark mode" have noticed that global transparencies are working fine, while in "light mode" encountered the "grey" Finder menu bar and sidebars issues, this patch is intended for those who want to use Mojave mainly in "light mode" saving some transparencies around, so here is my "hybrid reduce transparency" patch.

 

It is totally safe, harmless and reversible, it has been deeply tested and will 100% work until restart or logout, even after sleep lock screen it will still work.
To return with normal "transparency" you can also do that from Accessibility prefpane disabling the "reduce transparency" checkbox.
To use this patch just double click on this attached shell "mojavehld.command" and it will launch through Terminal.


[METHOD 1: Enable hybrid transparency]
After launch the mojavehld.command just follow these steps:
type 1
type 4

close Terminal (CMD+Q) and any other app previously opened.

(The choice number 3 is not mandatory)

[METHOD 2: Force hybrid transparency]
If for some reason after that you will still get Dock and Notification Center without "transparencies" then relaunch the mojavehld.command:
type 2
type 1
type 4

close Terminal (CMD+Q) and any other app previously opened.

 

Download attached here: mojavehld.zip

 

desert finder menu.png

desert notification bar.png

color finder menu.png

color notification.png

color finder dock.png

Edited by jackluke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Hmm... ok, so all in all, all that your script does is apply the good old command that disables/enables transparency:

defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool [true|false]

What's new? the partial restart of macOS functionalities?

Edited by Hervé

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine has a totally different purpose, is needed to fix the "grey" Finder menu bar on unsupported Metal GPUs for Mojave "light mode", it enables a "partial transparency reduction" while that link you posted is an applescript for "global transparency reduction".

 

And my "patch" doesn't require any "sudo" or "System Events" permissions.

 

The "new" is that you will have an opaque Finder menu while keeping all other elements like Dock, Notification Center and some other transparencies.

 

This is needed for Mojave "non-Metal" GPUs with only OpenGL rendering, as a workaround for the "light mode".

Edited by jackluke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H,

Firstly thanks for all your effort to get Mohave goin on non metal older graphics.

 

 

But does not change anything here, screen shot attached .

But I lost trackpad control after applying this patch.

Restored back default and trackpad works again.

 

Regards

macq

 

 

Screenshot 2018-09-18 at 6.26.28 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The default write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -boot [true|false] command just does what it's always done.

 

What leads to claim there is "hybrid transparency" is that, after executing the command to disable transparency, the script only restarts Finder and Spotlight, not the Dock or anything else. However, after a reboot, transparency is completely disabled, as anyone would expect, i.e. white Finder bar, dark Dock, etc.. So the "hybrid transparency" is only effective for as long as you run the script from a system with transparency enabled and you do not reboot.

 

You need to restore default transparency settings before a reboot or shutdown if you want to enjoy the results of that script again (i.e. you need to either run the script and select option 2, or enter the default write command to set reduction to false or use the Accessibility->Display PrefPane to untick Reduce transparency parameter). All in all, it's nice for a few times but probably rapidly quite annoying to do in the long run.

 

Example on non-Metal HD3000 system in light mode...

* with default transparency:

Default_transparency.thumb.png.87c8f80cc62a00275f8751c907df1462.png

 

* without transparency:

No_transparency.thumb.png.a2f2d85ecb1867c5419601a2726d03ad.png

 

* after executing the script under default transparency mode:

After_script.thumb.png.65407238bdb2b7e4cce879d3f6cdff00.png

 

* after rebooting the system without restoring default transparency settings:

No_transparency.thumb.png.a2f2d85ecb1867c5419601a2726d03ad.png

 

So, yes, the trick with Finder brings a nicer look but you have to restore default settings to avoid total loss of transparency on reboot. This would need to be refined through an automated process at boot and restart/shutdown to be properly usable.

 

Edited by Hervé

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hervé said:

No, it just does what it's always done. You just got the impression it does something else on non-Metal graphics but all it does is disable transparency like it does on any other systems.

 

Example on Metal-HD4000 system...

with transparency:With_transparency.png.675f9fcbcbfdefe6b65373ef8c6c91ed.png

 

without transparency:

 

Without_transparency.png

 

Of course HD4000 is Metal supported, you should instead try that on HD3000 that is OpenGL only (non-Metal), or any Legacy Nvidia Tesla or ATI with QE/CI.

 

Please try that on an HD3000 and you'll notice what I meant.

 

Anyway you evidenced the less important thing into your screenshot, my patch is working fine.

 

If you get offended because I called it "patch", call as you want, but I can assure that this little script does its own duty as workaround for Mojave "light mode".

You can't find a better solution till now to keep transparent Dock and at the same time a clear white opaque Finder menu bar in "light mode".

 

4 hours ago, macq said:

H,

Firstly thanks for all your effort to get Mohave goin on non metal older graphics.

 

 

But does not change anything here, screen shot attached .

But I lost trackpad control after applying this patch.

Restored back default and trackpad works again.

 

Regards

macq

 

 

Screenshot 2018-09-18 at 6.26.28 PM.png

 

Which GPU do you have ?

 

Try again these steps, launch the Terminal mojavehld.command then type followed by "enter key": 2, 1, 4

 

Probably when you lost the trackpad, if in the "meanwhile" you used an USB mouse you could notice that script was perfectly working.

Edited by jackluke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jackluke said:

 

Which GPU do you have ?

 

Try again these steps, launch the Terminal mojavehld.command then type followed by "enter key": 2, 1, 4

Hi,

 

Mine is Nvidia gt 320m.

Specs in sig.

 

Edit, with this setting loose the transparency of the dock now, but trackpad working.

Screen shot attached.

 

Screenshot 2018-09-18 at 6.58.21 PM.png

Edited by macq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, macq said:

Hi,

 

Mine is Nvidia gt 320m.

Specs in sig.

 

Ok that's a legacy Nvidia Tesla so it works, but unluckily in your case probably there is conflict with your internal "trackpad", try with an USB mouse to notice that "hybrid transparency" is working.

 

45 minutes ago, macq said:

Edit, with this setting loose the transparency of the dock now, but trackpad working.

Screen shot attached.

 

Ok then go through "System Preferences - Accessibility prefpane - Display"

de-select the "reduce transparency" checkbox

Then relaunch my script and type 1, close Terminal, now it should give Dock and Notification Center transparencies and fix the greyed Finder menu.

Edited by jackluke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hervé said:

The default write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -boot [true|false] command just does what it's always done.

 

What leads to claim there is "hybrid transparency" is that, after executing the command to disable transparency, the script only restarts Finder and Spotlight, not the Dock or anything else. However, after a reboot, transparency is completely disabled, as anyone would expect, i.e. white Finder bar, dark Dock, etc.. So the "hybrid transparency" is only effective for as long as you run the script from a system with transparency enabled and you do not reboot.

 

You need to restore default transparency settings before a reboot or shutdown if you want to enjoy the results of that script again (i.e. you need to either run the script and select option 2, or enter the default write command to set reduction to false or use the Accessibility->Display PrefPane to untick Reduce transparency parameter). All in all, it's nice for a few times but probably rapidly quite annoying to do in the long run.

 

Example on non-Metal HD3000 system in light mode...

* with default transparency:

Default_transparency.thumb.png.87c8f80cc62a00275f8751c907df1462.png

 

* without transparency:

No_transparency.thumb.png.a2f2d85ecb1867c5419601a2726d03ad.png

 

* after executing the script under default transparency mode:

After_script.thumb.png.65407238bdb2b7e4cce879d3f6cdff00.png

 

* after rebooting the system without restoring default transparency settings:

No_transparency.thumb.png.a2f2d85ecb1867c5419601a2726d03ad.png

 

So, yes, the trick with Finder brings a nicer look but you have to restore default settings to avoid total loss of transparency on reboot. This would need to be refined through an automated process at boot and restart/shutdown to be properly usable.

 

 

I did already tried to create an automated process in this way:

 

creating a mojavehld.plist in /Library/LaunchDaemons/ to execute a script before shutdown and startup

 

creating a mojavehld.sh in /Library/LaunchDaemons/ to execute the script to keep the "hybrid transparency"

 

pointing the mojavehld.plist to the mojavehld.sh

 

sudo chown 0:0 /Library/LaunchDaemons/mojavehld.plist

sudo chown 0:0 /Library/LaunchDaemons/mojavehld.sh

 

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/mojavehld.plist

 

One little issue I've encountered is that I've to consider to edit this file before the loginwindow:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.universalaccess.plist

 

In Mojave this is not in plaintext but binary encoded, so it will result a bit invasive for most users.

 

 

For now I believe that the script I did on the main post is a good workaround for those who want to use a temporary "light mode" until a reboot of course, and even if a bit uncomfortable, relaunching the script after a restart to me is not a drama.

 

Edited by jackluke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was encouraged and I love command line stuff - but then got less excited for the future of my HD3000 system... as this seems to (almost) do what System Preferences/Accessibility/Display "Reduce Transparency" does? I say almost as the GUI enables and updates the full gamut of objects. 

 

by the way, i wish i knew what one needs to restart via command line to get immediate effect...

 

as I was trying to figure out how to switch from Light Mode to Dark Mode via command line so I could turn it on/off via a schedule.

 

this seems to be the key item  
defaults write "Apple Global Domain" "AppleInterfaceStyle" Dark

but after Dark is set, I need to logout/login so see effect.

 

 

 

Edited by tluck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tluck said:

i was encouraged and I love command line stuff - but then got less excited for the future of my HD3000 system... as this seems to (almost) do what System Preferences/Accessibility/Display "Reduce Transparency" does? I say almost as the GUI enables and updates the full gamut of objects. 

 

by the way, i wish i knew what one needs to restart via command line to get immediate effect...

 

as I was trying to figure out how to switch from Light Mode to Dark Mode via command line so I could turn it on/off via a schedule.

 

this seems to be the key item  
defaults write "Apple Global Domain" "AppleInterfaceStyle" Dark

but after Dark is set, I need to logout/login so see effect.

 

 

Yes, I have exploited the "reduce transparency" Accessibility feature discovering that doing it from Terminal until you don't relaunch Finder.app or Dock.app (I mean the CoreServices app) the GUI will keep a partial transparency, it's not a long run patch however it works and totally harmless for the system.

 

In your specific case I guess you refer to these dictionary keys:

  • Light mode: defaults delete Apple\ Global\ Domain AppleInterfaceStyle

  • Dark mode: defaults write Apple\ Global\ Domain AppleInterfaceStyle Dark

 

You can follow the method I used for create my script, to see the immediate effect without logout/login just type from Mojave Terminal:

 

defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool false

killall Finder

killall Dock

killall NotificationCenter

killall Spotlight

 

 

While this is used only for the "light mode":

 

defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool true

killall Finder

killall Spotlight

 

Edited by jackluke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my original method "translated" into an AppleScript so anyone can put it on Automator and it will do the trick switching between a full translucent "dark mode" and a semi-translucent "light mode":

 

tell application "System Events"

tell appearance preferences

if dark mode is false then

set dark mode to true

do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool false"

do shell script "killall Finder"

do shell script "killall Dock"

do shell script "killall NotificationCenter"

do shell script "killall Spotlight"

else

set dark mode to false

do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool true"

do shell script "killall Finder"

do shell script "killall Spotlight"

end if

end tell

end tell

 

 

Here is the Applescript already-ready to download: hybrid dark light switch.zip

 

 

Edited by jackluke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 2:34 PM, jackluke said:

Here is my original method "translated" into an AppleScript so anyone can put it on Automator and it will do the trick switching between a full translucent "dark mode" and a semi-translucent "light mode":

 

tell application "System Events"

tell appearance preferences

if dark mode is false then

set dark mode to true

do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool false"

do shell script "killall Finder"

do shell script "killall Dock"

do shell script "killall NotificationCenter"

do shell script "killall Spotlight"

else

set dark mode to false

do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool true"

do shell script "killall Finder"

do shell script "killall Spotlight"

end if

end tell

end tell

 

 

Here is the Applescript already-ready to download: hybrid dark light switch.zip

Great work mate. Can you explain what I must do with Automator because I am a beginner with that staff. Thanks!

The script doesn't seem to work correctly. We want it to run the code when we press light mode and do nothing when we press dark mode. How do we do that?

 

Quote

 

Edited by belodelo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try the app I posted here. It's based on Jackluke's work and only applies to Light mode. It does nothing in Dark mode. It's created in Automator from the provided script. But maybe you don't know how to use the tool...

Edited by Hervé

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine has a totally different purpose, is needed to fix the "grey" Finder menu bar on unsupported Metal GPUs for Mojave "light mode", it enables a "partial transparency reduction" while that link you posted is an applescript for "global transparency reduction".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe you're mistaken and must have missed something, especially as I explained what every line of the script did. You may also refer to Jackluke's explanations above.

 

Of course, if you want to compare things and/or enlighten us, well... show us yours!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anybody else has come across the issue, however upon installing this patch some third party applications such as Chrome made the menubar go back to it's broken state. I found out that it was because Chrome was still seeing the system as being in dark mode, and had adjusted its interface accordingly. To fix this, I wrote a small applescript program to force applications like chrome to act as they would in light theme.

 

Fix Dark Menubar in Third Party Apps.app.zip

Edited by Doofitator
Bugfix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Doofitator said:

I don't know if anybody else has come across the issue, however upon installing this patch some third party applications such   Audacity Find My iPhone Origin         as Chrome made the menubar go back to it's broken state. I found out that it was because Chrome was still seeing the system as being in dark mode, and had adjusted its interface accordingly. To fix this, I wrote a small applescript program to force applications like chrome to act as they would in light theme.

 

Fix Dark Menubar in Third Party Apps.app.zip

transparency is completely disabled, as anyone would expect, i.e. white Finder bar, dark Dock, etc.. So the "hybrid transparency" is only effective for as long as you run the script from a system with transparency enabled and you do not reboot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added some lines for automatic settings when switching between light/dark mode and different machines.

 

set MacModel to (do shell script "system_profiler SPHardwareDataType | awk '/Model Identifier/ {print $3}'")

if MacModel is not "MacBookAir5,2" and MacModel is not "MacPro6,1" then --is the script run on a specific Mojave-supported machine?

  tell application "System Events"

    tell appearance preferences

      set reduceTransparency to get do shell script "defaults read com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool"

      if dark mode is false then -- light mode is active

        if reduceTransparency is "1" then -- reduceTransparency was active

          do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool false"

          do shell script "killall Dock"

          do shell script "killall NotificationCenter"

          delay 1

          do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool true"

          do shell script "killall Finder"

          do shell script "killall Spotlight"

        else -- reduceTransparency was off

          do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool true"

          do shell script "killall Finder"

          do shell script "killall Spotlight"

          display dialog "Please reboot manually to disable menu bar transparency." giving up after 5

        end if

      else -- dark mode is active

        if reduceTransparency is "1" then -- reduceTransparency was active

          do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool false"

          do shell script "killall Finder"

          do shell script "killall Dock"

          do shell script "killall NotificationCenter"

          do shell script "killall Spotlight"

          display dialog "Please reboot manually to enable menu bar transparency." giving up after 5

        end if

      end if

    end tell

  end tell

end if

Edited by alrunenwurzel
Format

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 9:21 AM, alrunenwurzel said:

I added some lines for automatic settings when switching between light/dark mode and different machines.

 

set MacModel to (do shell script "system_profiler SPHardwareDataType | awk '/Model Identifier/ {print $3}'")

if MacModel is not "MacBookAir5,2" and MacModel is not "MacPro6,1" then --is the script run on a specific Mojave-supported machine?

  tell application "System Events"

    tell appearance preferences

      set reduceTransparency to get do shell script "defaults read com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool"

      if dark mode is false then -- light mode is active

        if reduceTransparency is "1" then -- reduceTransparency was active

          do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool false"

          do shell script "killall Dock"

          do shell script "killall NotificationCenter"

          delay 1

          do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool true"

          do shell script "killall Finder"

          do shell script "killall Spotlight"

        else -- reduceTransparency was off

          do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool true"

          do shell script "killall Finder"

          do shell script "killall Spotlight"

          display dialog "Please reboot manually to disable menu bar transparency." giving up after 5

        end if

      else -- dark mode is active

        if reduceTransparency is "1" then -- reduceTransparency was active

          do shell script "defaults write com.apple.universalaccess reduceTransparency -bool false"

          do shell script "killall Finder"

          do shell script "killall Dock"

          do shell script "killall NotificationCenter"

          do shell script "killall Spotlight"

          display dialog "Please reboot manually to enable menu bar transparency." giving up after 5

        end if

      end if

    end tell

  end tell

end if

 This is perfect! While I did plan to make a slight change, I am more interested in tying this into the "Light Mode / Dark Mode Preference Panes" using this script as a event trigger as apposed to using this as a Login Item (check box Hidden). I'll see what I can do today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By batty86
      Buonasera a tutti, ho bisogno di aiuto per l'installazione di Mojave sul pc in firma. Ho provato ad installarlo, tutto procede bene, solo che al secondo riavvio dal ssd di destinazione del oS l'installazione procede fino alla maschera di configurazione del computer ma si riavvia non consentendomi di configurarlo, va loop di riavvio. Sono grato in anticipo per il vs aiuto.
    • By MaLd0n
      -Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7
       
      -Donations with Bitcoin
      33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3
       
      -Donations with PicPay 
      @danielnmaldonado
        ***The topic is for Notebooks and Desktops***   Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/
       
      Mobos serie 400 with 10th processors, use MacBookAir9,1 smbios for now
        First... ***Update bios to last available version!***   If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake... -Extract tables with F4 key in Clover boot screen! -Run it and send me files! RunMe.app     Look at my Clover folders and understand what we really need, this is the best way to learn     1-Installation     --Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave   https://github.com/chris1111/Create-Install-Media/releases   --Install Clover in USB stick   https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases   --Replace with my Clover folder    https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/   --Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system! 2-Post Installation     --Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder   https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/   --Reboot and activate video!   3-Video     -Nvidia WebDriver Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/   -Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-10162017/   -Cuda   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302795-cuda-90214-is-out-update-10162017/   -Check it, easy way   nvidia-update.command.zip by Benjamin-Dobell   4-DSDT       Patches -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -DMAC -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC* -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS* -BLC0 -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -USBX -PMCR -IMEI -EC -PNLF(Nvidia/AMD) -HDMI ---To avoid problems use some patches in config.plist, don't forget!--- GLAN to GIGE 474c 414e 4749 4745 GFX0 to IGPU 47465830 49475055 HDAS to HDEF 48444153 48444546 HECI to IMEI 48454349 494d4549 SAT0 to SATA 53415430 53415441 5-SSDT   Generate your SSDT for PM, use ssdtPRGen by Piker-Alpha https://github.com/Piker-Alpha ssdtPRGen.command.zip   or just use "plugin-type"=0x01 in DSDT, SSDT or Clover config.plist   for check Power, Frequency, Temperature and Utilization, use it Install Intel Power Gadget.pkg.zip   6-Brightness  
      Install .app, select the required permission and reboot. Work in F1 / F2 keys!
      NativeDisplayBrightness.app.zip


      https://github.com/Bensge/NativeDisplayBrightness/releases
      *in some cases .app don't work, check patches in config.plist inside Clover folder Post Install
        -Clover   https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/   -Lan driver by Mieze     -Atheros http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/   -Intel http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/396-intelmausiethernet/   -Realtek http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binary/   -Links     -FakeSmc https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek   -Audio https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/   -USB https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads   if u like, Rate Topic     It's time to Rock -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, badruzeus and many, many, many others!   We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!   ENJOY!  
    • By MaLd0n
      -Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7
       
      -Donations with Bitcoin
      33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3
       
      -Donations with PicPay 
      @danielnmaldonado
       
      ---TUTORIAL---
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/
       
      --Original Post--
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6531-olarila-hackbeast-z390-designare-thunderbolt-full-dsdt-patches-clover-opencore/
       
      --Bios/UEFI Settings--
       
      *Update bios/uefi to F7+*
      1- Go to M.I.T./Advanced Frequency Settings tab
       
      Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile 1
       
      2- Go to BIOS tab
       
      CSM Support - Disabled
       
      3- Go to Peripherals/Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration tab
       
      Security Level - No Security
      Thunderbolt USB Support - Enabled
      GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled
       
      4- Go to Chipset tab
       
      Internal Graphics - Enable
       
      ---CLOVER FOLDER---
      https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/EFI CLOVER Z390 DESIGNARE.zip
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
       
      ---OPENCORE FOLDER---
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6364-mojave-catalina-on-mobos-series-100200300-with-opencore-bootloader/
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
       
       
      ---Extract one Full dump for DSDT edits, post files---
       
      RunMe.app
       
       
       
      ---HARDWARE---
       
      --MOBO

      GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Z390-DESIGNARE-Gigabyte-Thunderbolt-Motherboard/dp/B07K8RJZRG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Z390+DESIGNARE&qid=1565492390&s=electronics&sr=1-1

      --PROCESSOR

      Intel Core i9-9900K
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i9-9900K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B005404P9I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Intel+Core+i9-9900K&qid=1553358099&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

      --COOLER

      CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-H100i-PLATINUM-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07JWB5BSN/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=WATER+COOLER+CPU&qid=1565492509&s=gateway&sr=8-4

      --MEMORY

      Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMW32GX4M2C3200C16-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Desktop/dp/B07GTG2T7L/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=memory+ddr4+32&qid=1553358238&s=gateway&sr=8-15

      --GPU

      MSI RX Vega 64 AIR Boost 8G OC
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RX-64-AIR-8G/dp/B07DH7S1X1/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=vega+64+gigabyte&qid=1565492819&s=electronics&sr=1-2

      --SSD

      Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-EVO-1TB-MZ-V7E1T0BW/dp/B07BN217QG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=s+samsung+970+evo+1tb&qid=1565493002&s=electronics&sr=1-1

      --POWER SUPPLY

      EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular 
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Platinum-Crossfire-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=power+supply+1000w&qid=1565493196&s=gateway&sr=8-3

      --WIRELESS

      TP-Link Archer T9E
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-T9E-Beamforming-Technology/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=TP-Link+Archer+T9E&qid=1553358397&s=gateway&sr=8-1

      --CASE

      Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition ATX Open Frame Panoramic Viewing
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Panoramic-Certified-CA-1E7-00M1WN-03/dp/B01N4IGVSC/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Thermaltake+Core+P5&qid=1565493567&s=gateway&sr=8-2

      --DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ACPI ERRORS -FIX OEM SSDTs to AVOID ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA -DMAC -REMOVE PROBLEMATIC AND UNUSED DEVICES -FIX K.P in REBOOT -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -CNVW -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES ---SCREENSHOTs---




















      -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Thanks to KGP for SSDT Thunderbolt
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By MaLd0n
      -Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7
       
      -Donations with Bitcoin
      33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3
       
      -Donations with PicPay 
      @danielnmaldonado
        Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell   https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/   Skylake, Kabylake and Coffeelake is here https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/   Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install
       
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/
          First...   ***Update bios to last available version!***   If you need a full patched DSDT...  -Extract tables with F4 key in Clover boot screen! -Run it and send me files! RunMe.app   Installation   --Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave   https://github.com/chris1111/Create-Install-Media/releases   --Install Clover in USB stick   https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases   --Replace with my Clover folder https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/   --Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system!   Post Installation --Install Clover and replace with my folder   https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-clover-folder-for-all-chipsets/   --Reboot and activate video!   Bingo!   Now you need a fine tune! DSDT time!   --DSDT   Patches -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -DMAC -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -XXXX to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -USBX -PMCR -EC -PNLF -HDMI
       
      --Power Management
      - 1 Generation Intel Processors, use Generate P and C States in config.plist
      - 2 and 3 Generations Intel Processors, Generate SSDT with Piker script and drop CpuPm and Cpu0Ist SSDTs
      ssdtPRGen.command.zip
      Credits-https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh
      - 4 Generation+ Intel Processors, use PluginType=1 in DSDT, SSDT or Clover config.plist
       
      for check Power, Frequency, Temperature and Utilization, use it
       
      Install Intel Power Gadget.pkg.zip
       
      --Brightness
      Install .app, select the required permission and reboot. Work in F1 / F2 keys!
      NativeDisplayBrightness.app.zip


      https://github.com/Bensge/NativeDisplayBrightness/releases
      *in some cases .app don't work, check patches in config.plist inside Clover folder Post Install
       
      --Clover
       
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/
       
      --AUDIO
       
      Use DSDT + AppleAlc
       
      --install Lan driver by Mieze
        -Atheros   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/   -Intel   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/396-intelmausiethernet/   -Realtek   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binary/   --Links   -FakeSMC   https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek   -Audio   https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314406-voodoohda-289/   -USB   https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads   It's time to Rock   -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!   Apple, Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!   We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!  
    • By slapbass_
      Hello friends and teachers of the blessed hackintosh, I hope you are well .......... I want to ask you please, can someone of you help me with my blessed laptop? ..... Some things are missing to activate for example: - brightness indicator: when you press the button, the indicator does not appear on the screen increasing or decreasing brightness. - battery indicator: when connecting the charger, you must activate the beam and go up, from bottom to top when charging, right? but it DOESN'T move - the laptop camera is NOT activated - Bluetooth NOT activated - SD card reader NOT activated optimize the laptop so that it starts when starting the system in less time. why is it taking a minute and 5 seconds (more or less)..... I will be infinitely grateful to you dear friends, Here is my RunMe from my LAPTOP regards blessings Here are my specs: Dell Inspiron 14 5000 series (5458) - Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-5200U CPU at 2.20GHz - Ram 4GB » - Intel HD Graphics 5500 - PCI Network: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 AC HMC WiFi WiFi Adapter Realtek RTL8139 / 810x Fast Ethernet Adapter - Audio Intel Broadwell HDMI @ Intel Broadwell - Mini HD Audio Realtek ALC255 @ Intel Wildcat Point-LP PCH High definition ......... I would infinitely appreciate your help friends regards blessings My RunMe-my friends.zip
×