how do you resolve the +++++++++++ Stall

HBP

9 posts in this topic

here is the setup, I have 3 different systems, neither are able to boot into cloverUEFI mode. they both are able to load legacy mode Clover.  It has been the same ever since clover switched from running legacy mode by default to running UEFI mode. below is a picture of the screen that is the bane of my Hack.  

I can't find any settings that will allow any of my Z87, Z77 or Z270 boards in UEFI mode.

any help or advice would be very appreciated. 

HBP

IMG_7718.jpg

Edited by HBP

• 2 weeks later...

@HBP

Hi, any progress on this?

I'm also having the +++++++ problem, systems hangs after this, during booting the selected OS-X partition.

I'm running a older Z77 board with AMI-BIOS, clover ve2.4k r4658 on USB test stick. 
But it's in UEFI environment, not legacy.

With my previous clover version  2960, no problem.

Attached one screenshot from, here with OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi (started with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, which was used in the old clover working environment).

NVRAM-Clearing does not help.

KR, skinmunster

HANG.jpg

Edited by skinmunster
Update, more details, it's UEFI-Clover, not legacy

On 9/16/2018 at 3:36 PM, skinmunster said:

With my previous clover version  2960, no problem.

I didn't updated Clover for a while and, after update, I had the same issue...

Make sure to use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and remove slide=0 bootarg...

This fixed the issue, at least for me...

• Like 1

Merci,
late yesterday i was able to boot into my old 10.10.5 OS-X, i just used the original old clover config.plsit with the new version (and  OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi). Didn't image it could work, but ..

Later the clover-genconfig produced a new config (but  with errors during generation).
System will boot & go into OS-X with this, but no graphics (with mx GTX980).

Use nvidia-web was selected, like before...

But this will be another post from me.

BTW, was the feature to select/load different configs removed from clover? It shows me only the standard (config.plists) ?

Hi Slice,

thanks for reply,

my light problem was perhaps related to the rare? installed documentation on this point (at least, if doing huge version jumps, like i did)

It does work - but the files always need's to start with config, which i found out in the meantime and you showcased above. Didn't remember this, the old version just had a text input, no graphical select menu on configs.. 

So, both are true, depending on the view or where you come from.

I'm going to read the Changelog-Thread to get more up-to-date now.

KR, skinmunster

Edited by skinmunster