Starting new build but....

FALLOFMAN

7 posts in this topic

I'm starting a new build for music production and audio engineering and I need thunderbolt 3 support. All I need is a motherboard, ram and a cpu, at reasonable prices and mid/upper tier (canadian prices) these are my suggestions so far but I am by no means a hackintosh building pro so I thought i'd post it here to see if anyone could clarify

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte 7370 AOURUS gaming k3 s1151

CPU

intel core i5 8600 3.0 ghz

RAM

Corsair Ddr4 Lpx 3200 16gb kit

ALSO I already have mac os installed on the SSD I plan on using in the new computer. If I just plug it into the MOBO, will mac os run so I can install the proper kexts and kernels?

Try follow this guide: [Guide] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake DSDT 

53 minutes ago, FALLOFMAN said:

If I just plug it into the MOBO, will mac os run so I can install the proper kexts and kernels?

At the first time, probably you'll have a KP.
But before plug it, remove the unnecessary kexts, and just keep the essentials for the Hack boot up.

If the macOS boot successfully, then, you can search and install the proper kexts for your Hack.

Hint: Olarila app / Images and Folders

Also @MaLd0n can help you by applying the right patches in your DSDT. ;)

1 minute ago, Allan said:

Try follow this guide: [Guide] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake DSDT 

At the first time, probably you'll have a KP.
But before plug it, remove the unnecessary kexts, and just keep the essentials for the Hack boot up.

If the macOS boot successfully, then, you can search and install the proper kexts for your Hack.

Hint: Olarila app / Images and Folders

Also @MaLd0n can help you by applying the right patches in your DSDT. ;)

I guess I can use a mac os USB bootable for the first time? how bout the parts? any good?

10 minutes ago, Allan said:

Try to read the links that I've sent to you.

You'll spend some few minutes, and you'll get the answer. ;)

ah sorry just noticed the link thanks. Yeah @MaLd0n has been a huge help for me in the past. He basically got the system im using now started

• Like 1