MSI AMD Radeon R9 280X GAMING 3G TwinFrozr (3072 MB) (V277-053R)

BALDY_MAN

6 posts in this topic

as anyone used a  MSI AMD Radeon R9 280X GAMING 3G TwinFrozr (3072 MB) (V277-053R)  as im thinking of buying one if it works oob for a mojave install

Edited by BALDY_MAN
wrong spelling

6 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

as anyone used a  MSI AMD Radeon R9 280X GAMING 3G TwinFrozr (3072 MB) (V277-053R)  as im thinking of buying one if it works oob for a mojave install

As far as I know R9 280X (among few other AMD GPUs) is one the best choice for a Hackintosh and it should work OOB.

I have an AMD R9 270X which works OOB in all the macOS versions that I have tested so far including the macOS Mojave DP 6.

The Device-ID for R9 280X is 0x67981002 and it is still available in AMD7000Controller.kext in macOS Mojave DP 6 and it's highly unlikely that Apple removes it in the final release of 10.14. (But who knows maybe they do)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

@Cyberdevs Thank you for taking time to help me.

Best regards Baldy

Anytime :)

i just missed the card off ebay. (in the time i checked here it was gone ) it had a waterblock on too. which would have suited my system. i have a EVGA 1070 Black edition  running. 10.13.6 ( 17G65) but i thought it would be better to change to a AMD card for better support down the line