App Store Updates

16 posts in this topic

So I'me fairly new to hackintoshing in terms of actually building/using one. I've had mine for maybe 3 weeks & I got an app store update for High Sierra (currently on 10.13.6 & I was wondering if there was a page or something somewhere that tells you when/if it's ok to accept these updates? Don't want to accept one and then have it not boot or something.

7 minutes ago, Realitiblu said:

Something for Final Cut, iTunes, and a pro video codecs update.

That's ok. You should only consider the system updates like 13.13.6 > 13.13.7 that probably will need to update config/kexts/etc.

I have good golden rule for this if you need the machine for work for example - don't update what works :)

Edited by Toooorch

The update will only be a problem if your Hack are not 100%.

Can you expand on that? I'm just a little confused though I get that you're saying it's ok (I hope).

if this is formatted weird it's because I'm on my phone - when I come here on a desktop browser and sign in i get 404s.

49 minutes ago, Realitiblu said:

Can you expand on that? I'm just a little confused though I get that you're saying it's ok (I hope).

It is ok. But install the macOS in a PC hardware is not enough.

You need use a full patched DSDT, config.plist with the right options, and correct drivers at drivers64UEFI.

It is ok. But install the macOS in a PC hardware is not enough.

You need use a full patched DSDT, config.plist with the right options, and correct drivers at drivers64UEFI.

Where do I go for that? Sorry, not completely unaware of computers, just first time hackintosher.

Um...I tried booting up today and I need some major help - it crashes unless I boot in safe mode and Clover isn't mounting the EFI partitions so I can't replace the files with my backup on my flash drive.

Edit I got EFI Mounter off this site and it says it's mounted but I don't see it anywhere.

Edit So Terminal says the disk is damaged and to use read only mode (included screenshot) which I have no idea how to manage. I tried ESP Mounter Pro from Hackintosher & it can load everything except Disk0s1(my EFI). 

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 1.12.27 PM.png

Edited by Realitiblu