Apple logo only, cannot install the OS

4 posts in this topic

These are my specs, I posted previously about whether it was possible to run mac os on this pc and was given the thumbs up, I have created a usb boot drive using an old 2007 imac that I already have and whenever I try to boot into mac os high sierra from clover on the windows machine I just get the apple logo, nothing else just that. I dont really know where to start with the USB boot stick, I used a video from youtube to make it and it just doesnt work Ive messed about with the bios settings too and still the same result, it never gets to the installation screen. Would anybody be kind and show me whats happening here and what I should do to get Mac OS High Sierra running, im out of ideas now, frustrated and dont know what to do to make this work, I really dont want to throw in the towel but Im getting very close to giving up here. Thanks in Advance.

Case

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Ten Core Processor Extreme i7-6950X (3.0GHz) 25MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® RAMPAGE V EDITION 10: E-ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6 GB/s
Memory (RAM) 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card   Asus Republic Of Gamers Strix NVIDIA GTX 1080
1st Hard Disk 480GB BiWIN 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 564MB/sR | 513MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 6TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 128MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW & SOFTWARE
Power Supply CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling Corsair H100i V2 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans 2x 120mm Apache Black Quiet Fan (fitted to extract from rear/roof) 

Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT, WiFi Via Dongle
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence

That link above is the best place for advice, try links again.

It takes a bit of failure to discover what works and what doesn’t. But the resident guru MaLd0n is amazing and will help.

Once the usb is made. Install latest clover to it ( follow guide ) then replace the clover folder on usb with MaLd0n clover file, then install.

Then install clover to the new drive/OS X install.

Then place the post install clover folder like before

Re boot and run runme.app, post file asking MaLd0n very nicely and he’ll give you a new tweaked clover folder that should be almost perfect

Make sure bios is up to date and settings are done for OS X compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk