Login and Audio problem

luky35

39 posts in this topic

@arsradu hi,

For information only!

I remembered that AppleALC worked normally to macOS Sierra 10.12.

In High Sierra 10.13 and AppleALC was no longer working, so I had to use VoodoHDA on the advice of my colleagues from the forum, which in the HS 10.13 is working normally, but in 10.14 it does not give voice even though the loudspeaker is blinking.

Edited by luky35

2 hours ago, luky35 said:

@arsradu hi,

For information only!

I remembered that AppleALC worked normally to macOS Sierra 10.12.

In High Sierra 10.13 and AppleALC was no longer working, so I had to use VoodoHDA on the advice of my colleagues from the forum, which in the HS 10.13 is working normally, but in 10.14 it does not give voice even though the loudspeaker is blinking.

Understood.... Well, you could try the AppleHDA from Sierra then.... Or...wait for VoodooHDA to fix it for Mojave.

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Understood.... Well, you could try the AppleHDA from Sierra then.... Or...wait for VoodooHDA to fix it for Mojave.

I'll wait if they fix VoodooHDA because Sierra 10.12 is not installed because I'm on HS 10.13.5.

Thank you.

As a general comment, if you want things to work you don't usually run beta software. Beta software is there so developers can find out what is not working and then make it work. So if you don't have the skills to make software work in beta os, then it's a great idea to run the general release software :)

Another solution is to buy a USB DAC. I have one and not only is the sound 1000 percent better, but it just works every time and with every update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 7:07 PM, arsradu said:

Yeah, I think I found out why it doesn't work... And, right now, I'm not sure what are the options. I'm still asking people on the forum on their opinion. So...maybe there's hope using AppleALC. If not...the only one might be indeed VoodooHDA which probably needs an update to properly work on Mojave.

The problem is this:

layouts_Mojave.thumb.png.c8a535b05d5379d6976d0bfaef5be993.png.5ba4acbaebaebc62e4f518dbf0226355.png

The only Layout ID for your ALC 286 is not present in Mojave (at least not for now). I don't think it will be added later....is not something that Apple usually does... But who knows. Point is, since AppleHDA doesn't have Layout ID 3, and since that's the only option for your codec...you get no sound.

I'm gonna ask about this on the AppleALC thread. I would encourage you to continue with any information necessary over there. Since all the devs are there. It's a dedicated thread for AppleALC. So...if anyone can come up with an idea for you, it's them. As I said, I'll post a question there.

Feel free to complete it with anything you feel necessary.

UPDATE:

Uhm...could you try the following thing?

1. make a backup of your Mojave AppleHDA kext from S/L/E to your Desktop or wherever you want.

2. try to replace the AppleHDA from High Sierra (preferably the default one, non edited, non patched, non nothing) with the one in Mojave.

3. use -lilubeta -alcbeta as usual

4. let's try with layout id 3 in Clover config (although it's pretty much the only option anyway)

Let's see if that works... I'm not sure it will be the way to go for the future....since on updates, that AppleHDA will most likely be rewritten. But...it's worth a try.

Hey all, I'm late to the party but I've been having similar issues with alc 290 which also requires layout =3. I found a small workaround by using vanilla applehda from high sierra in place of the Mojave one and sound is activated ! Only issue is I cannot get built in mic to work. I can chip in if you guys need?! 

Edited by devillived666
Out the wiring version of osx

1 hour ago, devillived666 said:

Hey all, I'm late to the party but I've been having similar issues with alc 290 which also requires layout =3. I found a small workaround by using vanilla applehda from high sierra in place of the Mojave one and sound is activated ! Only issue is I cannot get built in mic to work. I can chip in if you guys need?! 

I don't use built-in mic... You could try a different Layout ID and see if you get a working mic.

47 minutes ago, arsradu said:

I don't use built-in mic... You could try a different Layout ID and see if you get a working mic.

If I use alc and lilu, I dont need to apply any kexts to patch, right? 

And do I have to add any boot args? 

If I use alc and lilu, I dont need to apply any kexts to patch, right? 

And do I have to add any boot args? 

For HS, you don’t. For Mojave, you need to add -lilubetaall.
And yes, try to keep as little patches (in kexts to patch) as possible. None if possible.

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

For HS, you don’t. For Mojave, you need to add -lilubetaall.
And yes, try to keep as little patches (in kexts to patch) as possible. None if possible.

thx. ANy suggestion on which version of lilu and alc I should try first? 

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

You could start with the attached ones. You can make a backup of your own if you wanna go back to that later on.

AppleALC1.3.0 & Lilu 1.2.5.zip

Thanks. I got it to work using vanilla moajve applehda, applealc(version just before on you linked) hda to hdef patch(or something similar), and a couple other options in config.llist boot. Also got my mic-inject I'd=28 got everything while recommended mirone inject I'd=3 only got sound out to work.