Login and Audio problem

luky35

39 posts in this topic

Please help!

I ask for help to solve this.

I get the same error on macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 as on 10.14 Mojava.

Help me fix this error, please.

At 10.14 I do not even have sound. The loudspeaker flashes and indicates that the radio is playing, the music does not sound on the speakers.

I have VoodoHDA.kext.

Try it with AppleALC.kext as well as nothing.

I also attach my EFI.

Greetings to all forum members.

luky

P.S. My post macOS Hifh Sierra 10.13.5 Release is out ( with pictures and written notice )

Error

EFI.zip

50 minutes ago, luky35 said:

Please help!

I ask for help to solve this.

I get the same error on macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 as on 10.14 Mojava.

Help me fix this error, please.

At 10.14 I do not even have sound. The loudspeaker flashes and indicates that the radio is playing, the music does not sound on the speakers.

I have VoodoHDA.kext.

Try it with AppleALC.kext as well as nothing.

I also attach my EFI.

Greetings to all forum members.

luky

P.S. My post macOS Hifh Sierra 10.13.5 Release is out ( with pictures and written notice )

Error

EFI.zip

Just use lilu.kext, applealc.kext, proper layout id for your sound card and -lilubetaall in boot args in config.plist. Works for me with alc892.

10 minutes ago, piorek99 said:

Just use lilu.kext, applealc.kext, proper layout id for your sound card and -lilubetaall in boot args in config.plist. Works for me with alc892.

Do you show your config.plis please?

13 minutes ago, luky35 said:

AppleALC does not react at all.
VoodaHDA is fine, the loudspeaker is blinking, but I can not hear the voice.
I have config.plis -lilubetaall, but it does not help.

For AppleALC to work, you need the vanilla AppleHDA kext.

Also, for Mojave, you need AppleALC 1.2.8.

Please, check out the AppleALC thread for more info.

Edited by arsradu

55 minutes ago, arsradu said:

For AppleALC to work, you need the vanilla AppleHDA kext.

Also, for Mojave, you need AppleALC 1.2.8.

Please, check out the AppleALC thread for more info.

Added AppleHDA.kext, AppleALC.kext, arg: -alcbeta -libubeta, but no audio.

When I add VodooHDA.kext, a speaker (picture) appears, but there is no voice on the speakers.

Please help me solve this to get audio volume.

Thank you.

Audio

15 minutes ago, luky35 said:

Added AppleHDA.kext, AppleALC.kext, arg: -alcbeta -libubeta, but no audio.

When I add VodooHDA.kext, a speaker (picture) appears, but there is no voice on the speakers.

Please help me solve this to get audio volume.

Thank you.

Audio

Please, post your Clover folder. (remove all your private info from the config)

Also, I would suggest uninstalling VoodooHDA and using AppleALC instead. For as far as I know, once you use VoodooHDA, your AppleHDA kext is not the stock one anymore. That's why I insisted on using one OR the other. NOT BOTH.

Also, what's your codec?

It would help if you added your Motherboard information to your signature.

Edited by arsradu

43 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Please, post your Clover folder. (remove all your private info from the config)

Also, I would suggest uninstalling VoodooHDA and using AppleALC instead. For as far as I know, once you use VoodooHDA, your AppleHDA kext is not the stock one anymore. That's why I insisted on using one OR the other. NOT BOTH.

Also, what's your codec?

It would help if you added your Motherboard information to your signature.

I updated my PC information.
I attach the EFI folder, because I hope you can help me activate the audio.

EFI.zip

19 minutes ago, luky35 said:

I updated my PC information.
I attach the EFI folder, because I hope you can help me activate the audio.

Oook...

Problems:

1. Your Layout ID injection is set to Detect. Let's try to use Layout ID 3 for ALC286. Take a look here for more info.

2. What the hell is your AppleHDA kext doing in Clover/Kexts?! That's not supposed to be there.

3. As I suspected, your AppleHDA kext is patched in KextsToPatch. Please, remove that. Again, you need the VANILA/STOCK AppleHDA in S/L/E. Basically, DON'T touch that! In any way. It needs to be the default one installed by the OS.

4. I asked you to remove your private information from your Clover config... But you left it there. :)) Now, I'm definitely not interested in that. But I'm just pointing it out since you might wanna take care of that.

Also, it's not related to the issues you're currently having, but CodecCommander kext needs to be in S/L/E.

Could you, please, fix the issues above and try again?

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Oook...

Problems:

1. Your Layout ID injection is set to Detect. Let's try to use Layout ID 3 for ALC286. Take a look here for more info.

2. What the hell is your AppleHDA kext doing in Clover/Kexts?! That's not supposed to be there.

3. As I suspected, your AppleHDA kext is patched in KextsToPatch. Please, remove that. Again, you need the VANILA/STOCK AppleHDA in S/L/E. Basically, DON'T touch that! In any way. It needs to be the default one installed by the OS.

4. I asked you to remove your private information from your Clover config... But you left it there. :)) Now, I'm definitely not interested in that. But I'm just pointing it out since you might wanna take care of that.

Also, it's not related to the issues you're currently having, but CodecCommander kext needs to be in S/L/E.

Could you, please, fix the issues above and try again?

Set ID 3, removed AppleHDA.kext from the Other folder, reset the PC, and now the audio is inactive. I attach a picture.

Please tell me where my information is in Clover, so I can remove this in the future. Unfortunately, I do not currently know where to find it for removal.

Thank you.

Audio.zip

10 minutes ago, luky35 said:

Set ID 3, removed AppleHDA.kext from the Other folder, reset the PC, and now the audio is inactive. I attach a picture.

Please tell me where my information is in Clover, so I can remove this in the future. Unfortunately, I do not currently know where to find it for removal.

Thank you.

Audio.zip

Did you also remove the patch from KextsToPatch?

Did you make sure the AppleHDA in S/L/E is the original/untouched/un-messed with/virgin/stock etc one?

As for the information I was talking about, it's the serial numbers in RT Variables and SMBIOS.

Edited by arsradu

31 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Did you also remove the patch from KextsToPatch?

Did you make sure the AppleHDA in S/L/E is the original/untouched/un-messed with/virgin/stock etc one?

As for the information I was talking about, it's the serial numbers in RT Variables and SMBIOS.

Did you also remove the patch from KextsToPatch? - YES

Did you make sure the AppleHDA in S/L/E is the original/untouched/un-messed with/virgin/stock etc one? - YES

Repeatedly did a PC reset, but the audio does not work.

What else can we do to make it work?

P.S. Interestingly, if I load VoodoHDA.kext and the audio is activated, there is no sound level.

Edited by luky35

17 minutes ago, luky35 said:

Did you also remove the patch from KextsToPatch? - YES

Did you make sure the AppleHDA in S/L/E is the original/untouched/un-messed with/virgin/stock etc one? - YES

Repeatedly did a PC reset, but the audio does not work.

What else can we do to make it work?

P.S. Interestingly, if I load VoodoHDA.kext and the audio is activated, there is no sound level.

Ok... we can try one more thing: fresh config. No unnecessary changes. Just minimum necessary to boot (+ inject Layout ID 3 and boot args for -lilubeta and -alcbeta).

Does it work in High Sierra?

If yes, then the problem might come from the fact that some of the layout ids in Mojave are no longer available. That includes layout ID 3. We can try one that IS supported (like Layout ID 5, for example), but...I'm not sure that's gonna change anything.

Actually, let's try two things:

1. Layout ID 3 in High Sierra.

2. Layout ID 5 in Mojave.

Everything else stays the same.

For now, please, let's not use VoodooHDA.

If that doesn't work, we might need to move this to the actual AppleALC thread. Maybe the devs have a better idea on how to fix it.

Edited by arsradu

13 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Ok... we can try one more thing: fresh config. No unnecessary changes. Just minimum necessary to boot (+ inject Layout ID 3 and boot args for -lilubeta and -alcbeta).

Does it work in High Sierra?

If yes, then the problem might come from the fact that some of the layout ids in Mojave are no longer available. That includes layout ID 3. We can try one that IS supported (like Layout ID 5, for example), but...I'm not sure that's gonna change anything.

Actually, let's try two things:

1. Layout ID 3 in High Sierra.

2. Layout ID 5 in Mojave.

Everything else stays the same.

For now, please, let's not use VoodooHDA.

If that doesn't work, we might need to move this to the actual AppleALC thread. Maybe the devs have a better idea on how to fix it.

At High Sierra I used VoodoHDA and the audio worked flawlessly.

I did not use AppleALC.kext on High Sierra so I do not know if it worked there.

I also tried ID 5 and it does not work, it does not even activate the loudspeaker in the menu bar.

Please, if you still help me, because if I have to return to the HS, I will be sad, because Mojave likes me very much.

22 minutes ago, luky35 said:

At High Sierra I used VoodoHDA and the audio worked flawlessly.

I did not use AppleALC.kext on High Sierra so I do not know if it worked there.

I also tried ID 5 and it does not work, it does not even activate the loudspeaker in the menu bar.

Please, if you still help me, because if I have to return to the HS, I will be sad, because Mojave likes me very much.

OK, then let's move this to the AppleALC topic.

VoodooHDA might need an update, if you want to continue using it in Mojave. And I can't help you with that one sine I don't use it anymore. I used it a while ago, I didn't like it very much, so I switched to AppleALC. In my personal experience, I prefer AppleALC over VoodooHDA. The audio quality was not as good with VoodooHDA compared to AppleALC. At least for me. So...I would personally suggest AppleALC.

Did you use the AppleALC 1.2.8 I posted in the AppleALC thread? Or did you get it from somewhere else? And if so, did you get the "v2" or the first one I uploaded there?

Since ALC 286 should be supported with AppleALC, I'd say we might be able to get it to work.

But I'm afraid your S/L/E folder might have some kext enablers or other kinda of patches that prevent AppleALC from working properly.

I mean..you COULD try a fresh re-install of Mojave, if you don't have anything to lose, just to make sure everything is stock and to have a good starting point (WITH NO OTHER PATCHES) to get AppleALC working.

Edited by arsradu

20 minutes ago, arsradu said:

as

@arsradu hi,

I used AppleALC as you see in the picture, if you have a newer one, please try it out.
I would also like to use AppleALC only if it works.

I can load Mojave again, just please let me edit your config.plist and the kext folder in EFI if possible, I would be very grateful for seeing that you want to help us more inexperienced users.

Otherwise, I have been using Mac OS X for about 2 years and I am very pleased with the OS on the hackintosh pc because Apple's PCs have a high price.

AppleALC

Edited by luky35

12 minutes ago, luky35 said:

arsradu hi,

I used AppleALC as you see in the picture, if you have a newer one, please try it out.
I would also like to use AppleALC only if it works.

I can load Mojave again, just please let me edit your config.plist and the kext folder in EFI if possible, I would be very grateful for seeing that you want to help us more inexperienced users.

Otherwise, I have been using Mac OS X for about 2 years and I am very pleased with the OS on the hackintosh pc because Apple's PCs have a high price.

AppleALC

Your AppleALC looks ok. So I'd say the problem is probably somewhere else.

For the new installation of Mojave:

1. let's try to generate a new Clover Config. You can easily do that with Clover Configurator (it has a Generate Config option).

2. add -lilubeta and -alcbeta to that config.

3. try layout ID 3 for the beginning

4. for kexts, add all the necessary kexts in Other (just like you did before). But without AppleHDA!

5. let's make a clean re-installation (meaning format that partition and put Mojave on it).

6. don't mess with anything in S/L/E after the installation

7. if it doesn't work, we might need to ask the devs if they have any idea.

Edited by arsradu

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Your AppleALC looks ok. So I'd say the problem is probably somewhere else.

For the new installation of Mojave:

1. let's try to generate a new Clover Config. You can easily do that with Clover Configurator (it has a Generate Config option).

2. add -lilubeta and -alcbeta to that config.

3. try layout ID 3 for the beginning

4. for kexts, add all the necessary kexts in Other (just like you did before). But without AppleHDA!

5. let's make a clean re-installation (meaning format that partition and put Mojave on it).

6. don't mess with anything in S/L/E after the installation

7. if it doesn't work, we might need to ask the devs if they have any idea.

I made a clean installation of Mojave just like you wrote, but AppleALC does not work and does not load at all.

I attach a picture.

I'll probably have to go back to HS 10.13.5.

sound.zip

56 minutes ago, luky35 said:

I made a clean installation of Mojave just like you wrote, but AppleALC does not work and does not load at all.

I attach a picture.

I'll probably have to go back to HS 10.13.5.

sound.zip

Yeah, I think I found out why it doesn't work... And, right now, I'm not sure what are the options. I'm still asking people on the forum on their opinion. So...maybe there's hope using AppleALC. If not...the only one might be indeed VoodooHDA which probably needs an update to properly work on Mojave.

The problem is this:

layouts_Mojave.thumb.png.c8a535b05d5379d6976d0bfaef5be993.png.5ba4acbaebaebc62e4f518dbf0226355.png

The only Layout ID for your ALC 286 is not present in Mojave (at least not for now). I don't think it will be added later....is not something that Apple usually does... But who knows. Point is, since AppleHDA doesn't have Layout ID 3, and since that's the only option for your codec...you get no sound.

I'm gonna ask about this on the AppleALC thread. I would encourage you to continue with any information necessary over there. Since all the devs are there. It's a dedicated thread for AppleALC. So...if anyone can come up with an idea for you, it's them. As I said, I'll post a question there.

Feel free to complete it with anything you feel necessary.

UPDATE:

Uhm...could you try the following thing?

1. make a backup of your Mojave AppleHDA kext from S/L/E to your Desktop or wherever you want.

2. try to replace the AppleHDA from High Sierra (preferably the default one, non edited, non patched, non nothing) with the one in Mojave.

3. use -lilubeta -alcbeta as usual

4. let's try with layout id 3 in Clover config (although it's pretty much the only option anyway)

Let's see if that works... I'm not sure it will be the way to go for the future....since on updates, that AppleHDA will most likely be rewritten. But...it's worth a try.

Edited by arsradu

48 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Yeah, I think I found out why it doesn't work... And, right now, I'm not sure what are the options. I'm still asking people on the forum on their opinion. So...maybe there's hope using AppleALC. If not...the only one might be indeed VoodooHDA which probably needs an update to properly work on Mojave.

The problem is this:

layouts_Mojave.thumb.png.c8a535b05d5379d6976d0bfaef5be993.png.5ba4acbaebaebc62e4f518dbf0226355.png

The only Layout ID for your ALC 286 is not present in Mojave (at least not for now). I don't think it will be added later....is not something that Apple usually does... But who knows. Point is, since AppleHDA doesn't have Layout ID 3, and since that's the only option for your codec...you get no sound.

I'm gonna ask about this on the AppleALC thread. I would encourage you to continue with any information necessary over there. Since all the devs are there. It's a dedicated thread for AppleALC. So...if anyone can come up with an idea for you, it's them. As I said, I'll post a question there.

Feel free to complete it with anything you feel necessary.

UPDATE:

Uhm...could you try the following thing?

1. make a backup of your Mojave AppleHDA kext from S/L/E to your Desktop or wherever you want.

2. try to replace the AppleHDA from High Sierra (preferably the default one, non edited, non patched, non nothing) with the one in Mojave.

3. use -lilubeta -alcbeta as usual

4. let's try with layout id 3 in Clover config (although it's pretty much the only option anyway)

Let's see if that works... I'm not sure it will be the way to go for the future....since on updates, that AppleHDA will most likely be rewritten. But...it's worth a try.

Just telling you informatively that AppleALC does not work for me at High Sierra as well.
I assigned ID layout 3, loaded the last AppleALC.kext that you gave me but the thing does not work.

The speaker icon is not activated. With VoodoHDA the audio works normally.
What's wrong with AppleALC not recognizing it?

P.S. I returned to HS 10.13.5 

22 minutes ago, luky35 said:

Just telling you informatively that AppleALC does not work for me at High Sierra as well.
I assigned ID layout 3, loaded the last AppleALC.kext that you gave me but the thing does not work.

The speaker icon is not activated. With VoodoHDA the audio works normally.
What's wrong with AppleALC not recognizing it?

P.S. I returned to HS 10.13.5 

For HS, I don't know. For Mojave, I already told you. The only layout ID that's supposed to work for your ALC 286 is not present in AppleHDA kext anymore.

21 minutes ago, arsradu said:

For HS, I don't know. For Mojave, I already told you. The only layout ID that's supposed to work for your ALC 286 is not present in AppleHDA kext anymore.

Thank you very much.