New FakeSMC version will not boot

e97

4 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2017 at 2:59 AM, Slice said:

I attempted to boot with the linked HWSensors 3, however my system would not post, gets stuck at Bluetooth not found -- I have reverted to the FakeSMC from June 2015.

How do I find my current version of FakeSMC?

edit: I checked the working FakeSMC plist and it looks to be 6.14.1364

Is there a newer version of FakeSMC that would provide better stability / fix my 82574L issues?

Should I be using HWSensors 3 or HWSensors (v6)??

Edited by e97

17 minutes ago, e97 said:

I attempted to boot with the linked HWSensors 3, however my system would not post, gets stuck at Bluetooth not found -- I have reverted to the FakeSMC from June 2015.

How do I find my current version of FakeSMC?

edit: I checked the working FakeSMC plist and it looks to be 6.14.1364

Is there a newer version of FakeSMC that would provide better stability / fix my 82574L issues?

Should I be using HWSensors 3 or HWSensors (v6)??

Check your working FakeSMC. It looks like containing numerous plugins and legacy iokit personalities as an all-in-one solution. This is not our way to go.

10 hours ago, Slice said:

Check your working FakeSMC. It looks like containing numerous plugins and legacy iokit personalities as an all-in-one solution. This is not our way to go.

Thanks Slice, that makes sense - the development is trending towards more modular and focused. Simply and elegant like the unix tools model, cool :)

I checked the Plugin folder in FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ and the only things I see are :

ACPISensors.kext
CPUSensors.kext
GPUSensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext

How can I check for other plugins or legacy iokit personalities?

I diffed the Info.plist from the working and the latest r152:

Screen-Shot-2018-06-01-at-2_47.42-PM.thumb.jpg.7d862975e48f10ba97367c5a361f8aab.jpg

The major things I notice are :

Added 'ACID', @Slice says its cosmetic

Intel 82574L [ edit: the driver mods are likely causing the errors ]

[edit2: removed the Driver parameter mods, eth is much more responsive when loaded but still seeing this flooded in console:

kernel[0]: 0x<ptr>, 0x<ptr>  Intel82574L::outputStart - NoResources from txFrame - pkt tossed

Will try to extract the modifications and see if I can get r152 working and a SSDT for 82574L provided by @korlione2009

Edited by e97
reaplce txt diff vimdiff image. easier to understand, not good for seo