[help]antique PC stuck at installing 10.10

4 posts in this topic

hi there, 

when attempting install 10.10 to my old PC, it reboots everytime when attached pic shows up. my hardware is:

mb - unika p35 (with ich9) 775pin

cpu - intel xeon x3210

video card - nv geforce 8600gt

could anybody know what was wrong? or is it possibly because of the video card, or the powermanagement?

thank you so much for help!

E6FE92D1-06D6-4812-894D-FBF80AAB1E49.png

The line before the last one indicates that your installer has NullCPUPowerManagement in place so that isn't the cause. I suggest trying it with a different graphics card if you have one on hand. If you don't than try booting with -x and if it still won't boot remove the Nvidia related kexts from /S/L/E (and rebuild the the cache on your installer drive) and then it should boot with basic graphics and you can try fixing the GPU issue after the installation.

sit rep: finally come up to the installing screen with boot arg "nv_disable=1". Now i am facing another serious issue which has encountered before -- e.g. the installation doesn't recognize IDE mode HDD (the MB supports ICH9 controller -- which is not in the original kext).

have tried ATAinjector, and patched the ICH9 with device ID, doesn't work so far... will keep on watching