15 posts in this topic

Playback in both softwares, FCX 10.4.1 or RESOLVE 14/15 after render files for continuing editing, gave me artifacts like the photo.

I have an original MacBook Pro and the same software and no artifacts or glitches.

Opinions are welcome.

I made fresh install twice.

My hardware are in my signature.

i7 8700K

Asus Z370 Gaming

32 GB RAM CORSAIR

SSD Samsung 

AMD 390X Asus Strix

I add my clover folder in case you need it. Link wet transfer: 

Download link 
https://we.tl/YKmC6AMLnY

Edited by Picasso
SOLVED

1. What the iGPU settings in BIOS are ?

for Asus must be like this, Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → DVMT pre-Allocated : 128M

2. You tried with iGPU disabled ?

3. You run the latest 10.13 macOS , right ?

1 hour ago, RandomTech said:

1. What the iGPU settings in BIOS are ?

for Asus must be like this, Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → DVMT pre-Allocated : 128M

Yes. I have that bios settings.

2. You tried with iGPU disabled ?

Yes. I tried.

3. You run the latest 10.13 macOS , right ?

Yes, 10.13.4

4. Can you try Adobe Premiere to see if it does the same thing ?

No, I haven't Premiere.

If a play videos of any camera in quicktime, no problem.

If I export o encode with Handbreak, no problem.

The problems are the videos rendered in FCX or Resolve. When I put play into the timelines, appears artifacts. When I export, the same artifacts exported.

When I play videos no rendered into the viewers, no problem.

Its rendered files. Only in this computer, not the MacBook I have with the same softwares.

55 minutes ago, Picasso said:

No, I haven't Premiere.

If a play videos of any camera in quicktime, no problem.

If I export o encode with Handbreak, no problem.

The problems are the videos rendered in FCX or Resolve. When I put play into the timelines, appears artifacts. When I export, the same artifacts exported.

When I play videos no rendered into the viewers, no problem.

Its rendered files. Only in this computer, not the MacBook I have with the same softwares.

I understand the problem from your first post, I didn't need more. I saw the photo and also your CLOVER folder so I don't need any other information about the problem, from your CLOVER folder I see you use iGPU which is not wrong, but for me it seems to be the iGPU what is causes those artifacts.

What I was asking most importantly is;

1. if your iGPU settings in BIOS are correct, like it should be in my first reply.

2. If you could disable iGPU completely and see if the problem is gone or not.

If you decide to disable iGPU here is what you also must do before:

1. A backup of your current working CLOVER folder and USB installer to boot to system in case something went wrong

2. Generate R9 390X SSDT and put it in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, no Whatevergreen.kext

3. Set SMBIOS to Mac Pro 1,1

4. Go to BIOS and disable iGPU completely, save and restart

Note: I'm not responsible if you cause any damage to your system, I'm trying to help you out and all what I said is easy to be done but still it depends on your skills with Hackintosh

- I tried different settings in the Bios. Actually I have your recommendations. 

- I disable completely IGPU and nothing changes. I deleting Injection in Clover

- I made the test with Mac Pro 1,1 but I couldn't boot into High Sierra. Prohibited Sign. So, I boot with USB and I put again Smbios 18,3

- I don't know how to create an SSDT for the 390X. I don't have skills to make it. This is the only solution I have to try.

- I upgraded all the kext, and tried older versions of whatever, Lilu and Intel.

12 hours ago, Picasso said:

- I tried different settings in the Bios. Actually I have your recommendations. 

- I disable completely IGPU and nothing changes. I deleting Injection in Clover

- I made the test with Mac Pro 1,1 but I couldn't boot into High Sierra. Prohibited Sign. So, I boot with USB and I put again Smbios 18,3

- I don't know how to create an SSDT for the 390X. I don't have skills to make it. This is the only solution I have to try.

- I upgraded all the kext, and tried older versions of whatever, Lilu and Intel.

Ok friend I got it. Sorry, I should read better your first reply as explained more things but still I rushed to read.

The only susspjesence in this case for me is the iGPU as I had something similar in the past.

I disabled iGPU and created ssdt for my HD 7970 back then with Toleda script to create HDMI ssdt, then I added some other informations to it like name and model number so it was fully recognized by the system and the problem was gone.

I hope you get better help.

• Like 1

I solved the problem for those interested in this case.

Overclocking problems. I reset the Bios to default values and the problems are gone.

Explanation: What I found in others overclockers threads - windows users - was an explanation about video artifacts in i7 8700k processor and the relation between Mhz and AVX.

As you know, Apple use a lot of AVX in their softwares. Especially in those for video editing. The simple test is a benchmark, where you need to get 5,1 Ghz, lot of users reduce AVX to minor 2 or 3, to get that values, but that values are a little fake. Because you can get the same o better benchmarks in OSX at 4,8GHZ AVX 0, as 5,1 GHZ -3 AVX. The problem in my case was that motherboard that manage this values with a lot of factors, as the compensation of LLC, VDrop, temps and technical stuffs. This compensation reduce some values in AVX, IGPU, and specially volts in the GPU even with your temps in excellent degrees Celsius like mine. 

Right now I let the computer without a fast-express overclocking and in a near future I will start again testing specially the video decoding.

Thanks the community and @Randomtech to take the time helping.

15 hours ago, Picasso said:

I solved the problem for those interested in this case.

Overclocking problems. I reset the Bios to default values and the problems are gone.

Explanation: What I found in others overclockers threads - windows users - was an explanation about video artifacts in i7 8700k processor and the relation between Mhz and AVX.

As you know, Apple use a lot of AVX in their softwares. Especially in those for video editing. The simple test is a benchmark, where you need to get 5,1 Ghz, lot of users reduce AVX to minor 2 or 3, to get that values, but that values are a little fake. Because you can get the same o better benchmarks in OSX at 4,8GHZ AVX 0, as 5,1 GHZ -3 AVX. The problem in my case was that motherboard that manage this values with a lot of factors, as the compensation of LLC, VDrop, temps and technical stuffs. This compensation reduce some values in AVX, IGPU, and specially volts in the GPU even with your temps in excellent degrees Celsius like mine. 

Right now I let the computer without a fast-express overclocking and in a near future I will start again testing specially the video decoding.

Thanks the community and @Randomtech to take the time helping.

wow I didn't knew about your overclock but Im happy you solved the problem, thats very good to know as I run the same CPU, I learned also about the automatic CPU clocks by my Z370 motherboard and was something new for me, the motherboard managed to downclock my CPU to 4.30 GHz across all 6 cores because that 4.70 GHz in 8700K is only for one core (the best core) as they say.

My score was like 27K in Geekbench and when I overclocked to 4.50 GHz I got 29K, 4.70 GHz 30K, on 4.90 GHz 31K so I realized those performance difference are not worth the high overclocking.

I also noticed those internet overclock reports are fake so I kept my CPU at 4.50 GHz now like 29K score which is more than enough and is giving me the best of all results for performance and no thermal issues.

Nice hacks, have fun.

On 5/5/2018 at 4:40 AM, Picasso said:

Great.  

@47 with AVX 0, its huge in this processor and it's enough for my long renders.

What about your Vega 64? Have you worked with FInal Cut or Davinci Resolve?

Yes I use more Final Cut and Vega 64 works really fast in both Final Cut and Davinci Resolve

• 2 weeks later...