8800GT boots only without DVI cables connected

muiterz

8 posts in this topic

Ik have a 290 and 8800GT. The 8800GT will only boot without any cables connected. When I connect the cable in HS the screen is messed and I need te reboot. Couldn't install nvidia webdriver but the card should work out of the box.

I have a skylake processor 6800k

Are you using Clover? If yes then you would need to tell Clover to inject nVIDIA when booting.

my previous suggestion below might not be suitable but i'll it for reference since 8800GT seems an older card than the one I used in my first build in signature.

Hope it helps.

----------

have you tried with the boot flag

nv_disable=1

Edited by namvan
suspected wrong suggestion

42 minutes ago, namvan said:

Are you using Clover? If yes then you would need to tell Clover to inject nVIDIA when booting.

my previous suggestion below might not be suitable but i'll it for reference since 8800GT seems an older card than the one I used in my first build in signature.

Hope it helps.

----------

have you tried with the boot flag

nv_disable=1

yes, didnt work :(

can you attach your clover config file? Remember to remove anything specific to your build such as board id and serial number.

also let me know the full boot arguments if possible. best as photo.

38 minutes ago, namvan said:

can you attach your clover config file? Remember to remove anything specific to your build such as board id and serial number.

also let me know the full boot arguments if possible. best as photo.

full boot arguments: -v slide=0 dart=0 darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 mbasd=1 -no_compact_check USBBusFix=Yes

config.plist

The card is fully recognized now when I boot into hackintosh. when i connect dvi it stucks. (weird screen)

Edited by muiterz

I want to use a 6 monitor setup so I'm looking for a second GPU which work natively. which one do you recommend? I want to use my r290 for 1920-1200 4k 1920-1200 setup. will this work in mac os?

I never used AMD cards before, so I'm not the right person to give this advice for you.

But some of my friends are using the RX 580, and this card works very well in macOS. ^_^

The posts: