Mavericks on H170, Skylake i3, assistance requested

zeg66

6 posts in this topic

Trying to install Mavericks on an Asus H170M-E D3 motherboard, Skylake I3-6100 cpu, Intel 530 graphics.

Last message I see is "root device uud is" and a series of "+++" but then it just stops.

Have prepared usb with createinstallmedia, added Clover 4413 and changed a few settings with Configurator.

Any help is welcome.

Guest ricoc90

There are (2016 MacBook/Macbook Pro), but they can't run Mavericks. Mavericks is supported only up to the 2014 line-up, tops.
Mavericks was introduced in 2013, Skylake was introduced in 2015. By that fact Yosemite is not supported either (introduced in 2014), you'd need at least El Capitan (10.11.1 or higher, like fantomas1 mentioned)

Edited by ricoc90

It is very difficult to get older software to work on current systems, I was able to get snow leopard to work on my Haswell Pentium G3258 but it took some effort.   One thing to try is Clover boot manager settings ACPI drop tables "drop all OEM tables".    This may get you booted but your graphics won't be supported you will need an older dedicated graphics card like a Nvidia gt 210.

• Like 1

Thank you nice people for explaining this to me. I have a thing for Mavericks because I don't think I like the flat looks of subsequent os versions very much, but that is not the real reason ;-)