please help me . i have mac pro 3,1

11 posts in this topic

hi

i have mac pro 3,1

ram 24

HD 2 T

Quad Core 2.8

total cash 24

yesterday i buy GTX 780 Gigabyte windface and he is not work. i want any vga card work in my mac 3,1 its important for me i have many works i cant keep work becus i dont have any card support CUDA (i use Adobe Priemare).

please help me to find VGA card.

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

Doesn't cards on mac pro need a flashed EFI rom in order to work?
Edit: Apparently not with the WebDrivers, so yeah install these

Edited by ricoc90

4 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

Doesn't cards on mac pro need a flashed EFI rom in order to work?
Edit: Apparently not with the WebDrivers, so yeah install these

so what can i do

Install the webdrivers, as Gigamaxx mentioned.

On 4/1/2018 at 4:53 PM, LouCioccio said:

GO here for web drivers link. From there it will take you to the drivers. I use them on 2007 MacPro Tower GT120 card but I have Piker's EFI for El Capitan.

Lou Cioccio

i try many cards gtx 780 - gtx 770 - gtx 960  

all not work and i install webdrive

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JijiTheFox
      Hey, long time no post!

Apologies if this has been answered, every time I search I get a timeout on the site and I can't seem to get the search to work

I've been sitting pretty with Yosemite for a while , but a recent hardware upgrade (Audio interface) means I can jump from Yosemite. 

I've successfully upgraded Clover, then the OS and for the most of it, it seems great. Everything works but the Graphics Driver (NVidia GeForce GTX670.)

I can only boot into Mac if disable the NVIDIA drivers with the boot flag nv_disable=1  however that's not great I end up with one monitor working at 1024 x 768.

I've updated the NVIDIA web drivers to the latest my build of sierra can take. 
      I have the boot flag for web driver to be enabled (can't remember off the top of my head.. I'm on the work pc, soon to be home)

Any ideas would be grateful, I spent much of last night and morning on this.

Many Thanks

UPDATE: I've managed to load successfully, between a combination of changing the SMBIOS to MacBook 14,2 and loading lilukext with NVIDIAgraphicsfixer.

Everything is the same as Yosemite, except I do not have HDMI audio or onboard sound. I do have a dedicated audio interface so I'm not at a true loss.

• By guitarsimo93
      Buon giorno a tutti ragazzi!
      Vorrei aggiungere un lettore di SD (interno) al mio hack, l'OS attualmente installato è 10.11.6.
      Ho a portata di mano un lettore che dovrebbe essere della acer, connettore usb2 a header direttamente per la scheda madre.
      Ovviamente ho già provato ad attaccarlo con una leggera speranza che funzionasse da solo, ovviamente non va  o meglio, la porta usb funziona (ovviamente visto che è passante) mentre tutti gli slot per le card non vanno.
      Il chip montato sulla scheda che si occupa degli slot delle card è: ALCOR AU9368
      Sapreste darmi un aiuto?

Per quel che vale il pezzo non escludo la possibilità di acquistarne uno nuovo, potreste consigliarmene uno? Se possibile usb2 e non 3 perché ho tutti gli header usb3 sulla mobo occupati

Grazie mille a tutti quanti intanto 
    • By wiewiorcwaniak
      Hi,
      I am gonna to buy wifi card, since my Dell M660 does not have supported card. If there is list of supported cards please give link to that.
      Thanks
    • By giacomo.dessi2303
      Salve, sto ancora tentando di far funzionare il mio lettore di schede SD, macos lo riconosce in resoconto di sistema ma non funziona, in firma c'è il modello esatto e gli id che ottengo da resoconto di sistema, ho provato a seguire varie guide e oggi ho trovato questa che sembrerebbe aver funzionato a questo utente: 
      Secondo voi è una buona idea eliminare un kext di sistema? E poi questi kext di cui parla dove gli trovo? Grazie a tutti
    • By Lilith
      Hi,
      i have a little old mobo with socket 1156 no Sata 3 - biostar tpower i55 and i Was wondering if i had some chance to install a new nvme memory like Intel 760p.
      Due lack of support by my mobo i found a Pci Express card lycom dt-120 to expand my connectivity.
      After some researches i understood that i need a ‘bios support for the boot from nvme disk’. I want some of these nvme memory to install high Sierra and get a killer desktop.
      I think that i haven’t obviously a native bios support cause my mobo is pretty old, so i can’t get an nvme disk and install properly high Sierra hoping that boot?
      Or should i catch anyway? I Guess that same problem is for w10? 
      Thanks, Gabriele.