Mac 10.13.1 iMessage and Siri - Help needed

Twml

10 posts in this topic

I have an HP Elitebook 8460P running High Sierra 10.13.1

Im trying to get iMessage and Siri working.

When i click on iMessage and try to sign in i get error: Activation Error

When i click on Siri i instantly am greeted with: sorry, could you say that again... and siri will not let me ask it anything

My mac "Serial" on coveragecheck comes up as a macbook pro.

My Ethernet works and i have a WiFi USB

My Mic is hearing my voice in System Preferences

Siri is active and configured to use the correct Mic

Im fairly new to getting Mac running on Intel Based PCs. 

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution 1: Check in ''About This Mac / System Report / Network'' Ethernet better to be en0 and Wi-Fi en1, if not then open ''Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration'' and delete:

preferences.plist

NetworkInterfaces.plist

com.apple.airport.preferences.plist

Restart Mac, try Siri/iMessage.

If thats not the problem, then

Solution 2: Open Config.plist / System Parameters / Custom UUID / Generate New

Copy the generated number and paste in SMBIOS / SmUUID, save and restart.

Now in Config.plist again under Rt Variables click on Generate box, copy and paste both generated ROM and MLB in their places, save and restart then try Siri/iMessage.

Other than that I have no idea, it maybe your Wi-Fi card is old and not compatible to run Siri/iMessage.

As I understand you have a real MacBook Pro serial, you don't need it at all its better to generate a non original Apple serial because all serials generated by clover configurator works, don't take other peoples original serial number.

My mac "Serial" on coveragecheck comes up as a macbook pro.

I think your Serial should appear as invalid in checkcoverage, please generate new ones in clover configurator, also if your iCloud account is new, things will goes hard (in my experience).

Solution 1: Check in ''About This Mac / System Report / Network'' Ethernet better to be en0 and Wi-Fi en1, if not then open ''Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration'' and delete:

preferences.plist

NetworkInterfaces.plist

com.apple.airport.preferences.plist

Restart Mac, try Siri/iMessage.

If thats not the problem, then

Solution 2: Open Config.plist / System Parameters / Custom UUID / Generate New

Copy the generated number and paste in SMBIOS / SmUUID, save and restart.

Now in Config.plist again under Rt Variables click on Generate box, copy and paste both generated ROM and MLB in their places, save and restart then try Siri/iMessage.

Other than that I have no idea, it maybe your Wi-Fi card is old and not compatible to run Siri/iMessage.

As I understand you have a real MacBook Pro serial, you don't need it at all its better to generate a non original Apple serial because all serials generated by clover configurator works, don't take other peoples original serial number.

I deleted my network preferences and after rebooting I HAVE NO ETHERNET and my bluetooth took back the en0 spot.

Before i deleted them bluetooth was en0 ethernet en1 then my usb wifi was listed.

I think your Serial should appear as invalid in checkcoverage, please generate new ones in clover configurator, also if your iCloud account is new, things will goes hard (in my experience).

I realised this and generated a new one the serial i had was the one the installation gave me. still not working. but as said above my ethernet is en1 not en0 and i cant seem to change it

And my apple ID is a few years old

Edit:

I got Ethernet back as en0 

generated a new uuid and serial, the serial is not in use on checkcoverge

iMessage gave me a bit more this time then a activation error, i also got an error box. with authentication error.

post-2396558-0-16679900-1518098101_thumb.png

I deleted my network preferences and after rebooting I HAVE NO ETHERNET and my bluetooth took back the en0 spot.

Before i deleted them bluetooth was en0 ethernet en1 then my usb wifi was listed.

I realised this and generated a new one the serial i had was the one the installation gave me. still not working. but as said above my ethernet is en1 not en0 and i cant seem to change it

And my apple ID is a few years old

Edit:

I got Ethernet back as en0 

generated a new uuid and serial, the serial is not in use on checkcoverge

iMessage gave me a bit more this time then a activation error, i also got an error box. with authentication error.

attachicon.giferroredit.png

I think that means iMessage is working now but Apple server has blocked your Apple ID for some reason.. What about Siri? confirm at least if its working so I know your first problem was solved, then look at iMessage error as a second issue

I think that means iMessage is working now but Apple server has blocked your Apple ID for some reason.. What about Siri? confirm at least if its working so I know your first problem was solved, then look at iMessage error as a second issue

I have an iphone 5C still around and can confirm it wont send messages either, says needs to be activated.

Is there a way i can fix this?

Siri is now starting but its just the colorful wavy line. when after a few seconds 

"Some things you can ask me"

- finder 'show downloads'

- search web 'query' 

ect...ect...

My mic is picking up my voice in system preferences. and siri is set to use the correct mic, But doesnt seem to be hearing me

It seems I can't help with that because I don't know why Siri is acting like that, but at least now you have configured some stuff better than before, did you also added ROM and MLB? some say its not necessary but I see it is and it always helped

Yes i did the rom and mlb also. 

I turned up my mic in system preferences to full volume

then rebooted

Siri is now saying how can it help when i click it or the hotkey

then no matter what thinks i just simply said "Yes" then responds with "Thats what i thought"

Is there a way to fix my imessage account with apple since it doesnt seem to work on 5C either?

wouldnt the 5C have a legit serial or something i can use call them maybe and get it sorted.

or would it just be better to make a new apple ID, I dont really use apple products that often just trying to make high sierra work on my pc for the fun and challenge of it.

Edit:

I setup Dictation in accessibility to enable the "Hey Siri" command, when it hear the command presses the hotkeys to launch siri

so my mic is "working" however doesnt see stable

Sometimes it works, others it doesnt.

Siri responded to my hey siri with "hey hey hey hey it sure is roomy in here" I think it maybe the driver for my Mic messing up

using VoodooHDA 2.9.0

Glad that first issue was solved..

About blocked Apple ID some people used literally to call Apple to unblock it on Hackintosh back then when iMessage was very difficult to activate, for me I never had that problem so I don't know if you really should do that, too.

A new Apple ID is good idea but I think you need 90 days to change your current Apple ID with new one on the same machine, that is Apple methods on Apple ID.

So its all in your hands if try this or that, or you can wait a better help from community as I never had those problems and all I said about corrupted Apple ID is what I read in internet, good luck.

I tried a new apple ID and same authentication error on the hackintosh

even with another new serial number (incase the old was flagged) 

Guess i just dont need iMessage. atleast the OS its self is working.

Thank you for all the help, you got my Siri Semi-working, it just dont listen to me :)

Glad that first issue was solved..

About blocked Apple ID some people used literally to call Apple to unblock it on Hackintosh back then when iMessage was very difficult to activate, for me I never had that problem so I don't know if you really should do that, too.

A new Apple ID is good idea but I think you need 90 days to change your current Apple ID with new one on the same machine, that is Apple methods on Apple ID.

So its all in your hands if try this or that, or you can wait a better help from community as I never had those problems and all I said about corrupted Apple ID is what I read in internet, good luck.