AptioMemoryFix

604 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

That topic seems to be gone, but there is one thing that changed massively between ice lake and it's predecessors. The USB controller moved from the chipset and is now integrated into the CPU as thunderbolt controller (USB 4.0). You appear to have an issue with USB in you last picture that you posted earlier (it's the last kext and what I think probably caused the kernel to panic inside itself doing something for that driver). I think you may need to patch some of those drivers, maybe the usb and probably the ice lake specific ones. What those patches are, I have no idea. I also see that you have an ACPI error about something not having an implementation. I wonder what that is? Is it important?

On 4/14/2020 at 11:26 AM, zyt said:

Hello guys,

Another lost soul here. Following a wip guide I was able to "almost boot the installer". After this screen I end up with Stop sign and scrambled text. It seems that Catalina doesn't recognize my USB controller. Correct PCIID is injected via kext.

I have attached my EFI folder and boot log.

My hardware:

Razer Blade Stealth Mercury Wihte(The version w/o dedicated gpu)
CPU: IceLake i7 1065G7
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics G7
RAM: 16GB(onboard)
HD: Samsung PM981/PM961 nvme
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 495
Audio Codec: ALC298
Ethernet Card: N/A
Wifi/BT Card: DW1560

EFI.ZIP

opencore-2020-04-13-193150.txt

Similar errors found on non-IceLake motherboard 1.5 years ago:

The motherboard was bootable, so the problem is not those USB XHC speed mantissa and exponent values but something else? (exponent 2 = Mb/s)

Maybe consider enabling more logging with pci and io bootargs.

pci=0x41 io=0x333F