AptioMemoryFix

vit9696
595 posts in this topic

@1Ale1 Thanks for the huge update. I am currently trying this guide, seems like they got it documented a bit.

I've found the values for CFG Lock (0x43), DVMT prealloc (0xA4) and DVMT Total (0xA5) in my Bios. I CAN modify CFG Lock to 0x00, it is still turned on according to VerifyMSRE2 though.

Stolenmem and Maxmem can not be modified by the shell, seems like there is a protection in place (cant set variable using efi).

Which shell did you use?

Unlocking the advanced bios menu could help us get further, but I have found no combination that works for me. Even setting the var (0x467) I found in my bios to unlock it does not show it.

Edited by Killuminati91

On 4/13/2020 at 7:56 AM, Killuminati91 said:

Unlocking the advanced bios menu could help us get further, but I have found no combination that works for me. Even setting the var (0x467) I found in my bios to unlock it does not show it

I used the official utility from InsydeH2O (the bios company manufacturer)

Guide here: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Flietxia%2FXiaoXinAir14IML_2019_hackintosh%2Fwiki%2FDVMT

please be careful not to brick your laptop, I followed the command line method with UVETool (inside the zip file in the guide you'll find two tools, use UVETool only, you do not need to care about the other one inside the package)

Whenever I enable the integrated graphics of my I9-9900K (in addition to my dGPU and TB3 Titan Ridge) Open Core hangs after exiting boot services:

C822AA39-4DDE-49AA-B4FD-A62E2B94A53D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.82637ab2e749df6a93137608971118ee.jpeg

This is where it hangs forever. Enabled booter quirks:

AvoidRuntimeDefrag

DevirtualiseMmio

ProvideCustomSlide

ProtectUefiServices

RebuildAppleMemoryMap

SyncRuntimePermissions

Any ideas?

Hello guys,

Another lost soul here. Following a wip guide I was able to "almost boot the installer". After this screen I end up with Stop sign and scrambled text. It seems that Catalina doesn't recognize my USB controller. Correct PCIID is injected via kext.

I have attached my EFI folder and boot log.

My hardware:

Razer Blade Stealth Mercury Wihte(The version w/o dedicated gpu)
CPU: IceLake i7 1065G7
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics G7
RAM: 16GB(onboard)
HD: Samsung PM981/PM961 nvme
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 495
Audio Codec: ALC298
Ethernet Card: N/A
Wifi/BT Card: DW1560

EFI.ZIP

opencore-2020-04-13-193150.txt

IMG_20200413_192621.jpg

Edited by zyt

On 4/10/2020 at 4:21 PM, joevt said:

The MacBook Air 2020 has Ice Lake 10th gen i3 or i5 with Gen11 graphics supporting DisplayPort 1.4 and DSC.

That is true... But I was just being specious and was referring to the SMBIOS models that have support. I don't think there was any support when I made that comment. There might be now, I don't know, been preoccupied. Looks like there is not though from following previous posts.

one question, has anyone had luck with icelake so far?

Looking at the tests done above, nobody yet managed to boot...

Could it be a drivers/kext/bootloader issue?

On 4/14/2020 at 4:02 PM, r!ppz said:

AvoidRuntimeDefrag

DevirtualiseMmio

ProvideCustomSlide

ProtectUefiServices

RebuildAppleMemoryMap

SyncRuntimePermissions 

Any ideas?

So without the iGPU enabled youre fine with those?

Can you post which of them are you using right now?

Maybe you need to play around with the Quirks, try with EnableWriteUnprotector True and RebuildAppleMemorymap and SyncRUntimepermissions false on OC, or use OcQuirks even if i recommend to use OpenCore. Then, same test with all three of them enabled, but i doubt it will work.

I think there's not enough space on that chipset, Z390 is famous to have {censored} memory maps...

4 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

But do they run mainline macOS already?

This is my thought as well, there's very low probability that these machines aren't using a newer build than the main app store channel. I don't think the support is there yet...

7 hours ago, joevt said:

I think the MacBook Air 2020 came with 10.15.3 but 10.15.4 is the mainline so it should be good?
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook-air/specs/macbook-air-core-i7-1.2-quad-core-13-retina-display-2020-scissor-specs.html

version numbers do not matter, maybe that's not well known, but Macs with brandnew hardware often ship with customised macOS builds and may even get customised updates for a short while. Once mainline macOS has support, the models are moved

15 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

version numbers do not matter, maybe that's not well known, but Macs with brandnew hardware often ship with customised macOS builds and may even get customised updates for a short while. Once mainline macOS has support, the models are moved

You are saying that if I downloaded the 10.15.4 installer that it would not work to create a clean install on the MacBook Air 2020?

My Mac mini 2018 with 10.15.4 at least contains Ice Lake drivers "AppleIntelICL*". My other Mac with 10.15.3 does not.

18 hours ago, joevt said:

You are saying that if I downloaded the 10.15.4 installer that it would not work to create a clean install on the MacBook Air 2020?

I'm actually not sure how it behaves, I think for some time mainline versions would not even have new hardware boot IDs listed such that they refused to boot the installers. Internet Recovery and such work based off the model IDs, you may not get served mainline builds from there.

I don't know of the support state of ICL, but nice to hear things appeared in mainline, whether that's all or not.

On 5/2/2020 at 11:27 AM, Download-Fritz said:

I don't know of the support state of ICL, but nice to hear things appeared in mainline, whether that's all or not.

The driver I see in 10.15.4 contains ICLLP in the name. LP could mean Low Power. It could mean there's a High Power variant that is not supported. We won't know until someone tries. I haven't seen Hackintosh success on Ice Lake from anyone yet (I haven't really looked though).

• 3 weeks later...

That topic seems to be gone, but there is one thing that changed massively between ice lake and it's predecessors. The USB controller moved from the chipset and is now integrated into the CPU as thunderbolt controller (USB 4.0). You appear to have an issue with USB in you last picture that you posted earlier (it's the last kext and what I think probably caused the kernel to panic inside itself doing something for that driver). I think you may need to patch some of those drivers, maybe the usb and probably the ice lake specific ones. What those patches are, I have no idea. I also see that you have an ACPI error about something not having an implementation. I wonder what that is? Is it important?

On 4/14/2020 at 11:26 AM, zyt said:

Hello guys,

Another lost soul here. Following a wip guide I was able to "almost boot the installer". After this screen I end up with Stop sign and scrambled text. It seems that Catalina doesn't recognize my USB controller. Correct PCIID is injected via kext.

I have attached my EFI folder and boot log.

My hardware:

Razer Blade Stealth Mercury Wihte(The version w/o dedicated gpu)
CPU: IceLake i7 1065G7
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics G7
RAM: 16GB(onboard)
HD: Samsung PM981/PM961 nvme
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 495
Audio Codec: ALC298
Ethernet Card: N/A
Wifi/BT Card: DW1560

EFI.ZIP

opencore-2020-04-13-193150.txt

Similar errors found on non-IceLake motherboard 1.5 years ago:

The motherboard was bootable, so the problem is not those USB XHC speed mantissa and exponent values but something else? (exponent 2 = Mb/s)

Maybe consider enabling more logging with pci and io bootargs.

pci=0x41 io=0x333F