Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MateusPT

Mac Snow Leopard Grey Screen

16 posts in this topic

Hi there.

Soo i was trying install mac at 4 days ago and finnaly today i can. I installed the Leopard and all works fin except the keyboard and ps2 mouse. And then i try a lot to put a .kext with transmac on windows xp cause im dual booting it.When i try to use Transmac i have the error"This drive is read only".

Who i fix this?! This is my first question!

The second i think is more hard. I have a Amilo Pro V3505 with 2gb ram and Intel GMA 945, a Intel Pentium T2130 idk the motherboard i aleardy try find the name but i couldnt with a Atheros ar5007eg wirless adapter.

So i instal iAtkos S3 v2 but when i was booting(after installing) it he boots and starts make the sound of the animation video of snow leopard but THE SCREEN WAS GREY WITHOUT THE APPLE LOGO AND WITHOUT THE MOUSE JUST A GREY SCREEM.

Well i try much flags but when i try GraphicsEnabler=No while the booting appears i recuve the message "you need to restart the computer" and i restart and gives again the same error.

I think is some missing kext graphical but i cant add/remove kexts cause transmac give error!

Thanks in advanced!

Advertisement

It's best to stay away from distros, you never know exactly what they do and what they add that may not be suitable to your own specific platform.

Your laptop is built on Intel 945M chipset and Intel GMA950 graphics. That's old but normally supported OOB in 32bit kernel mode, up to Lion 10.7.5. No support in 64bit kernel mode.

I would recommend you:

1. obtain a genuine copy of retail SL 10.6/10.6.3/10.6.8 (only retail copies have all the necessary installation file)
  2. create a SL USB installer with myHack v3.1.2
  3. attempt a fresh and vanilla installation of SL on your laptop

You should be using good old Chameleon for this platform, so make sure to boot with boot options GraphicsEnabler=Yes arch=i386 (respect the syntax). If you still encounter gray screen, try and post us your extracted raw DSDT for patching.

Regarding your Atheros wireless card, what's the exact/reported PCI id of your card (168c:xxx) ? According to Wikidevi's info, AR5007eg card is based on Atheros AR2425 chip and carries id 168c:001c. It can also be referred to as Atheros AR5BHB63 or AR5BXB63. 168c:1c is expected to be supported OOB under SL and Lion because it's in the list of devices supported by the AirPortAtheros and/or AirPortAtheros21 PlugIns of IO80211Family kext. But sometimes, this is not enough and additional mods are required such as re-branding (of card's sub ids) or injection of a compatibility statement in the DSDT associated device. I've also read that AR2425 chip was not supported, only AR2424. So...

You could also look to this old stuff here, but if you cannot easily get the card to work, your best option is probably to replace it by a card supported natively in SL and Lion: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-inventory-of-supported-and-unsupported-wireless-cards/

It's best to stay away from distros, you never know exactly what they do and what they add that may not be suitable to your own specific platform.

Your laptop is built on Intel 945M chipset and Intel GMA950 graphics. That's old but normally supported OOB in 32bit kernel mode, up to Lion 10.7.5. No support in 64bit kernel mode.

I would recommend you:

• obtain a genuine copy of retail SL 10.6/10.6.3/10.6.8 (only retail copies have all the necessary installation file)
  • create a SL USB installer with myHack v3.1.2
  • attempt a fresh and vanilla installation of SL on your laptop
You should be using good old Chameleon for this platform, so make sure to boot with boot options GraphicsEnabler=Yes arch=i386 (respect the syntax). If you still encounter gray screen, try and post us your extracted raw DSDT for patching.

Regarding your Atheros wireless card, what's the exact/reported PCI id of your card (168c:xxx) ? According to Wikidevi's info, AR5007eg card is based on Atheros AR2425 chip and carries id 168c:001c. It can also be referred to as Atheros AR5BHB63 or AR5BXB63. 168c:1c is expected to be supported OOB under SL and Lion because it's in the list of devices supported by the AirPortAtheros and/or AirPortAtheros21 PlugIns of IO80211Family kext. But sometimes, this is not enough and additional mods are required such as re-branding (of card's sub ids) or injection of a compatibility statement in the DSDT associated device. I've also read that AR2425 chip was not supported, only AR2424. So...

You could also look to this old stuff here, but if you cannot easily get the card to work, your best option is probably to replace it by a card supported natively in SL and Lion: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-inventory-of-supported-and-unsupported-wireless-cards/

Thanks for the answer!

So i gonna try reinstal witha retail DVD and after i tell.

I have a Intel Wirless Adapter 3945eg but i change it by atheros ar5007eg because i saw that is compatible.

Also i change the cpu, previously it was Intel Dual core T2050 which is the best?!

And did you know to use transmac without that error?!

I remeber somthing im using a old versionof chamelion, can be this the problem?!

I configure the pendrive inside of a virtual machine by restore the dvd image to a partition inside the pendrive, next i go to windows xp and put the boot archive and the Extras folder, based on this can anyone give me the necessary kexts to snow leopard and my configurations?

One more thing, should snow leopard retail be booted by a pendrive of 8gb?!

Snow Leopard installer can be booted off an 8GB USB key, yes.

There is not much to differ between the Pentium T2130 and the Core Duo T2050. Both are old low-end Yonah-generation FSB-533 CPUs running at speeds < 2GHz and with small L2 cache. In other words, they're poor performers by todays' standards and were average in their days. Being 32bit CPUs, they limit your Hackintosh possibilities to Snow Leopard. Lion requires a 64bit Core 2 Duo CPU minimum, even if it's to run Lion in 32bit kernel mode... Ideally, if it's supported by your laptop (and it would seem to be the case - make sure to have the latest BIOS), you should opt for a FSB-667 Merom CPU with a larger L2 cache such as the T7200, T7400 or T7600. Those should be available for peanuts on the 2nd hand market.

I've no personal experience with Transmac so cannot comment.

Re: Chameleon, what old version would you be trying to use? If you now divert to myHack with a retail SL DVD or image, you'll be sorted because myHack installs the necessary Chameleon bootloader version.

Snow Leopard installer can be booted off an 8GB USB key, yes.

There is not much to differ between the Pentium T2130 and the Core Duo T2050. Both are old low-end Yonah-generation FSB-533 CPUs running at speeds < 2GHz and with small L2 cache. In other words, they're poor performers by todays' standards and were average in their days. Being 32bit CPUs, they limit your Hackintosh possibilities to Snow Leopard. Lion requires a 64bit Core 2 Duo CPU minimum, even if it's to run Lion in 32bit kernel mode... Ideally, if it's supported by your laptop (and it would seem to be the case - make sure to have the latest BIOS), you should opt for a FSB-667 Merom CPU with a larger L2 cache such as the T7200, T7400 or T7600. Those should be available for peanuts on the 2nd hand market.

I've no personal experience with Transmac so cannot comment.

Re: Chameleon, what old version would you be trying to use? If you now divert to myHack with a retail SL DVD or image, you'll be sorted because myHack installs the necessary Chameleon bootloader version.

Well the version is 2.0 rc4 i think, i download today snow leopard but i cant put on pendrive because its more than 7,2gbs and my pendrive just have 7,2gb (He should have 8gbs). I try to erase the languages and just left my language and english but i cant because transmac dont let me erase nothing!(i think that i find a solution i gonna post back).

About cpu i cant update cause im very young and i dont have money maybe later.

To give you an idea, you can get a T7200 for about $1, a T7400 for about $3 and a T7600 for about $15. ^_^

Ok i gonna think about it.

Im trying to remove languages but i cant!

What i can do to remove files that i dont use and slim the instalation?

I gonna use DropDMG to make the .dmg read/write.

PS: Idk if my parents let me buy it...

And also my windows xp instalation was giving me problems soo i change the wirless adapter to the normal and now is fine. (Now i have Intel 3945EG).

Also my BIOS dont support VT-x, and my CPU should, but i try with symcmos and the value is changed but VT-x dont work(i saw on internet the value for my computer). If i buy T7400 should he support VT-x with symcmos?!

I search on internet for Snow Leopard Amilo Pro V3505 and i find 2 guys saying the samething that me but he asks who to do and stop answering so i think maybe is intel gma 950 because he also had a different CPU and he install a retailed DVD 10.6.3!

I find something! Someone who had a Amilo Pro V3505 says that he just need to select smbios 667, and all chipset drivers. Should i try with iAtkos S3 V2?

About the CPUs can you tell me a lowcost CPU 64 bits Quadcore?!

No QuadCore possible for this laptop.

Ok, should i use T7400 ?! Cause my father tell me that i just gonna spend money.

If i change to a T7400 my laptop obviously become more faster. I use laptop to games like Crossfire, for word and a few more programs. The programs gonna be much more faster or just a little bit?

And can you tell me where i find the esscencial kexts? Remeber i had a ps2 keyboard and mouse.

And if i buy should High Sierra work?

I cant use myhack because its unssported on my virtual machine (mac 10.4). I aleardy try update the version but i cant do it on a virtual box.

Resume:

Should i buy T7400 ( which is the performance difference, it is compatible with my motherboard and if is were i find whit the compatiblity)

Essencials kexts for snow leopard.

Another way to install myhack without a mac.

I have a Fujitsu Amilo Pro V3505 WL2

Thanks for you attention!

This is an old laptop with old hardware and limited power for today. As far as Mac OS is concerned, you cannot install any recent versions like Sierra 10.12 or High Sierra 10.13. At present, the best you can get is Snow Leopard 10.6 and, if you ever upgrade to a Merom T7x00, you would normally be able to run Lion 10.7. But that's where the buck stops.

So isn't necessary for me to buy T7400?!Which is best T2130 or T2050. Can i use T7300?

And should i use chameleon bootloader?!

And what kexts should i put on Extras folder?

Thanks!

Ok now i had that kernel panic!

I gonna try reinstal without any additiinal kext.

post-2353384-0-89543300-1514064178_thumb.jpg

Edited by MateusPT

Forget i finnally could do it.

I just make a bootabel image of iAtkos S3 V2 and unslect all option and just select ps2 controler efi.. and audio and thats it!

Thabks for your attecion!

Just an off topic ask could you tell me if is compatible T7500?

T7500 is FSB-800 Merom Core2Duo so no, it's not suited for your laptop. You'd need a 965GM chipset to support CPUs with an 800MHz FSB. Your 945PM chipset only supports C2D with FSB-533 and FSB-667.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rdall96
      Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to the world of Hackintosh. I recently moved my previous build into a smaller form factor. However, I am running into a series of problems with the USB ports on the new case and the new motherboard.

Part List:
      - i7-7700k
      - Gigabyte Z270N Gaming 5
      - 16GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz
      - Sapphire RX 470
      - NZXT Kraken x62
      - NZXT H200 for the case

Everything in the Hackintosh works just like it did before, nothing changed in the hardware department other than the motherboard (previously a gigabyte Z20X Ultra) and the case.
      This motherboard does not have any USB 2.0 ports in the back, there is only one header on the board, currently taken by the Kraken x62. The rest of the ports are all either USB 3.1 Gen1 or USB 3.1 Gen2, and the front of the case has 3.1 Gen1 ports as well.

This is my current problem:
      When I plug something into either the type A or type C Gen2 ports, it works fine as a normal USB 3.x device with normal speeds, but when I plug something into any other USB port, it only works at lower 2.0 speeds. This is a big problem for me, since I have a few external devices that need the 3.0+ speeds and I don't know what to do.
      I tried to follow many different guides on how to patch USB ports, remove the limits, etc... But nothing seems to work.

Please someone help me!
    • By angelo_ios
      EDIT: MacOS Mojave 10.14 ONLY I didn’t test 10.14.1! The EFI folder is compatible with High Sierra.

Guide to installing 10.14 Mojave on a ASUS X555L

What Works:
      -WiFi
      -Sound
      -Graphics (Intel)

What doesn't Work:
      -Bluetooth
      -NVidia Web Drivers
      -Battery Indicator

Used Kexts:
      Picture

Clover setup:
      Clover plist is downloadable in this topic.

Let's start

Step one:
      First get a USB with 8+ GB of storage and a MacOS Mojave 10.14 installer from the AppStore.

Partition the USB in a GUID style and 2 partitions, one partition HFS+ and one partition FAT32.

In the FAT32 partition put the EFI Folder there.

On the HFS+ partition get the MacOS Mojave .app using this command:
      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USBNAME --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app --nointeraction Lets install!

Put the USB in a 3.0 port on the LEFT side of the Notebook.

In the BIOS follow the default Hackintosh settings, do NOT forget to put Memory allocation to 64MB (Otherwise you won't boot)

Boot into the Installer and install MacOS Mojave.

Boot into MacOS. Now your Graphics are working but your WiFi and Sound are not! for the WiFi follow this video:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxFsjhc-AuM Once rebooted WiFi is working! 

For sound get the VooDooHDA.kext and place it into /Library/Extensions

Reboot once again and your sound is now working flawlessly!

My EFI Folder is downloadable

config.plist
      EFI.zip
    • By Hawxxer
      Hi,
      do you know where someone could start getting involved in development for Hackintosh / IOS (jailbreaks etc.) development? I am searching for information about the Kernel development rather than developing apps. 
      I recently finished my bachelor of engineering in electric engineering but the computer science always interested me more. We are being tought about some principles of a operation systems and writing code in c..

Until know I found the apple developer website, and the books from Jonathan Levin (but they are some kind of expensive for my current situation as a student).
      I also think that it would be useful to get started with the structure of the linux kernel.
      Do you have more sources I could learn more? How did you become what you are know in the hackintosh community? 
      Google is not very helpful "Hackintosh development" only brings up how to develop apps with an hackintosh...

I posted it in AMD because I am especially interested in the kernel manipulation to get the XNU Kernel working under AMD. If this is the wrong corner, please move it in the right one. 
      Thank you.

EDIT
      And for sure other sources are the wikis of insanelymac and the other hackintosh websites!
    • By Entropi
      PREFACE

I’ve used a 2015 15” MBP as my main system since it was released. I do photo and video editing in the Adobe suite regularly and have been eyeballing the performance of the latest MBP models. I’m on the road all the time, so a laptop is basically my only option.

After the whole mess with the CPU VRM hardware flaws being made apparent by the poor power management profile shipped at release with the 2018 i9 MBP I’ve been more weary of the hardware design of MacBooks. That’s before I account for losing all USB-A ports, losing the SD card slot (‽), losing reliability and tactility of the keyboard, and losing the ESC key to the touchbar; if I compare the 2018 MBP to my current 2015.

Given these flaws, I have been researching the performance situation comparing the 2018 MBP to the X1 Extreme, XPS 15 9570, and the Razer Blade 15 2018.  These are essentially the only options for a road warrior that needs a high quality panel and the best CPU and GPU that can be crammed into around 4lbs (1.8kg).  
      I used to use a ThinkPad T42p and loved it when it was new. So fast forward to now and the release of the ThinkPad X1 Extreme. It’s a truly tempting machine for an artist, given that the 4K UHD version offers just about the best color gamut available on any laptop panel. I get back the USB-A ports, get one of the fastest SD slots on any laptop, and get one of the best laptop keyboards on the market. That’s before even considering power management and modularity. I’ve been dabbling in learning Machine Learning, so a system with an nVidia GPU (CUDA) is a bonus on that front as well.

For me the best color reproduction on a high resolution display panel was most important. The X1 Extreme has that, so I’ve ordered one. I got it with the fastest i7, base SSD and memory, and have separately purchased two 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSDs and 2x16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory (just in case it’s possible to overclock the memory on the X1 Extreme). I got the system for $2,100 from Lenovo USA, and the SSDs ($390 x 2) and memory ($330) from Amazon US for a total of ~$3200.  These are easy to install on the X1 Extreme as the bottom cover is easily removed to reveal the M.2 and SODIMM slots. To compare, the 2018 MBP with the fastest i7, 32GB memory, and 2TB SSD is $4400. So I can save $1200 and get a faster system (on all counts) with a better panel and better connectivity by going with the X1 Extreme.

The only thing I’m compromising is losing the big beautiful haptic touchpad and a bit more refined hardware aesthetic. Though, to be honest, I’ve kept a big thick dual-layer Tech21 case on my 2015 MBP. So I’ll actually be going down in volume and weight by moving to the more rugged ThinkPad. I think I can live without the touchpad.

Oh, by the way, the 4K UHD panel of the X1 Extreme has touch and decent pen support! Another bonus vs. the MacBook. Though I keep a 12.9” iPad Pro around for my pen work and can’t imagine using a laptop similarly. It’s still nice to have a laptop screen actually respond when I go poke at it accidentally after switching back and forth between laptop and iPad.

TOPIC

So I want macOS with proper discrete GPU support on a 2018 MacBook class laptop.  That’s not possible on a pure Hackintosh as things stand, but via a macOS virtual machine it looks like it could work with what looks like some relatively bleeding edge support of PCIe UEFI passthrough.

People have been doing this on Linux hosts to Windows VMs with some great success recently: https://gist.github.com/Misairu-G/616f7b2756c488148b7309addc940b28
      And it looks like that’s coming for macOS VMs as well: https://github.com/kholia/OSX-KVM/blob/a4fb2fd5aae871bdbc371b0cd31d4d8129d0f9ac/UEFI/README.md

The X1 Extreme, XPS 15 9570, and Razer Blade 15 (2018) are essentially direct competition to the 2018 15” MBP. I would really like to see these three systems get some nicely fleshed out guides for getting maxed out compatibility and performance in macOS running in a VM for these systems. When I get my X1 Extreme I’ll start working on it for that one. I will post updates here. I hope to inspire others with the other two systems (or looking to get them) to do similarly.

15” MACBOOK CLASS LAPTOP COMPARISON

I chose the X1 Extreme largely because of the excellent 4K UHD HDR panel (100% of 2D AdobeRGB and 85.5% of 3D AdobeRGB, basically unparalleled), good mix of thermal performance and noise management, and overall ruggedness and connectivity.  If I were a gamer I would go with the Razer 15, but the fast low-gamut 1080p panel just doesn’t work for my purposes. If I were most concerned with aesthetics or battery life (97Wh battery for it vs 80Wh for X1E) I would go with the XPS 15.

I am aware that the second 2018 refresh of the MBP is coming ~Nov 14, with the new AMD Radeon Pro Vega 16 and Vega 20 GPUs, and it looks like the latter might offer up to a 60% performance boost over the Radeon 560X. Maybe it has even given Apple enough time to update the CPU VRM along the way. This could make the performance picture more comparable for the 1050 Ti based X1E and XPS 15. I believe the 1070 Ti based Razer 15 will still win out though.

Still, if you compare the fan and heat pipe solution put into the X1E vs the MBP the MBP just looks wimpy in comparison. MBP has smaller fans, less venting, and only one (smaller, thinner) heatpipe. It’s also more difficult to access if you want to put a better thermal paste or liquid metal on it.  Put simply, the thermal hardware on the MBP is basically the same design for the last 3 years and it can’t keep up with the hex-core processors. So even with the Volta 20 GPU making the MBP competitive again on the graphics end, the MBP will still be falling short on the CPU performance plane. This is before we even look at tuning options.

Getting into tuning, it’s possible to improve thermal performance of all the laptops in this class by around 15-20% by using either a best in class thermal paste like Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut or (if you’re willing to deal with all the caveats that come with using a conductive fluid that permeates other metals) a liquid metal interface like Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut. The liquid metal gives you the best possible conducting interface, and the paste is more forgiving and easier to apply.  Further, it is often possible to stably undervolt the Coffee Lake i7/i9 available in this class of systems to further improve performance, thermals, and power consumption (generally another 10+%).

Apple has deliberately made it impossible to undervolt the CPU on the MBP! This has been true since the first Skylake CPUs a few years ago. You used to be able to use a program called Volta to undervolt your CPU on macOS. This is a huge peeve for me and, combined with the general power and thermal underdevelopment, is one of the main reasons I want to get a competitor’s hardware. As a primer, the default voltage of modern CPUs is typically set conservatively high for the sake of production efficiency.  With the current generation Coffee Lake CPUs it is commonly possible to set the CPU voltage about 100 to 150mv lower safely.  This allows the CPU to run cooler and consume less power. For laptops which are thermally limited (basically everything in this new 6-core 14nm era), this also translates into better performance. It’s a tweak that actually improves reliability of your CPU. So it’s just stupid that Apple has deliberately made this impossible. Shame on them, someone else take my money.

Wrapping up, my biggest quibbles with the X1E (before actually getting it) are that the 4K panel’s responsiveness is about the slowest I’ve seen on a modern panel, and it’s just really not suitable for gaming. There’s also what I consider an annoyingly high level of backlight corner bleed that I’m sure will be distracting during blackboxed video viewing. Hopefully these two issues will be fixed in next year’s iteration.

FOOTNOTES

MacBook i9 Thermal / VRM (below-baseline throttling/thrashing) Issue:
      https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/24/throttling-i9-macbook-pro-power-delivery-chip/
      https://www.kitguru.net/lifestyle/mobile/apple/matthew-wilson/macbook-pro-2018-throttling-fix/
      This was mitigated with software that works around the poor hardware design, but the system would still ultimately perform better if the CPU VRM were redesigned. Non Mac systems with the similar CPUs don’t have this issue and get better sustained performance.

MacBook Nov 2018 Refresh with Radeon Vega 16 and Vega 20:
      https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/11/05/apples-macbook-pro-gets-the-amd-vega-treatment.aspx

MacBook Class Laptop Reviews:
      Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme, 4K: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Extreme-i7-4K-HDR-GTX-1050-Ti-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.335608.0.html
      https://www.ultrabookreview.com/23223-lenovo-x1-extreme-review/
      https://youtu.be/vOPeXe1ZE74
      https://youtu.be/JgWyGKf_WlM
      Dell XPS 15 9570, 4K: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-9570-i7-UHD-GTX-1050-Ti-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.332758.0.html
      Razer Blade 15 2018, 1070 Ti FHD 144Hz: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer-Blade-15-i7-8750H-GTX-1070-Max-Q-FHD-Laptop-Review.305426.0.html

Best Undervolting Guide (keywords: ThrottleStop, Intel XTU):
      https://www.ultrabookreview.com/10167-laptop-undervolting-overcloking/

Undervolting Coffee Lake i7/i9 (2018 MacBook class CPU):
      https://youtu.be/nobnPDtMs-E
      https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/923876-any-information-about-how-coffee-lake-h-series-undervolts/

Replacing Thermal Paste with Liquid Metal on 2018 MBP:
      https://youtu.be/iw4gqfrBN4c ... and follow up: https://youtu.be/JNoZNzOQpVw

Replacing Thermal Paste with Kryonaut on X1E:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/9fyww7/x1_extreme_repaste_undervolt_tdp_limiter_removed/

Replacing Thermal Paste and Undervolting X1 Carbon:
      https://youtu.be/FXR5-HwIre8

Replacing Thermal Paste and Undervolting XPS 15 9570:
      https://youtu.be/ZnFdNGUETSI

Possibly over-conservative BIOS update for thermal throttling on X1E:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/9oqax2/xtu_results_with_x1_extreme_with_liquid_metal/

High Sierra (10.13) drivers only for now:
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-11032018/
      nVidia “waiting for Apple’s approval” for Mojave (10.14) macOS driver web release:
      https://www.macrumors.com/2018/11/01/nvidia-comment-on-macos-mojave-drivers/

Breadcrumb Links (other things I found researching this):
      https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/esxi-6-5-osx-with-gpu-passthrough.12680/
      https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1432071

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Best-Notebook-Displays-As-Reviewed-By-Notebookcheck.120541.0.html
    • By ITzTravelInTime
      Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:

The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.

This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides to you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the steps needed with every other app.

TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac.

Features:
        - Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process
        - It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)
        - You can use any volume you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will format it to make it GUID!)
        - Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery, and you can use TINU to install macOS too.
        - All vanilla, the bootable macOS installers created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in the terminal
        - Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code
        - Does not require to do anything of special first, just open the program, and make sure you have a USB drive pulugged in and that you have a macOS installer app in the system.
        - No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive/partition for you
        - Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language
        - Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)
        - Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update
        - Advanced section, to customize your bootable macOS installer

Features that are planned for some future versions:
        - Integrated EFI partition mounter tool (TINU can already mount EFI partitions from version 2.0, but a dedicated section which allows to mount every EFI partition in the system will be added)
        - Install clover and configure clover
        - Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover
        - Clover drivers customization
        - Use custom dsdt in clover
        - integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository
        - Support for other languages, at least Italian

Rquirements:
       - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer)
       - A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer
       - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media)

Download:
        - You can download the pre-made and code signed binary from the releases section of the github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases
        - Or you can just build your own copy by just downloading the source code and then using Xcode (requires Xcode 8):  https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU

Frequently asked questions:
      https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs

Useful links:
       Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
        - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326959-tinu-the-macos-installer-creator-app-mac-app/

Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
        - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333261-tinu-app-per-creare-chiavette-di-installazione-di-macos-thread-in-italiano/

Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
        - https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/33630-TINU/

Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
        - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts

Contact me (project creator):
        - Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
        - email: piecaruso97@gmail.com

Note that:
       - This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license
       - I (project creator) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
       - I (project creator) do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
       - This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be, don't use source code from this project to create apps or software for that aim.
       - This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.

Credits:
        - Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
        - People that helped me a lot:
         Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Thomas Tempelmann, Peter Paul Chato.   
        - Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
        - Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project

I leave also some screenshots as well