Do we still need a patched DSDT for z370 Cofee Lake builds?

chriz74

8 posts in this topic

ok, so far: DSDT + various SSDTs = no boot. No DSDT and no SSDTs  and some config.plist(s) from others = boot, everything works but NVIDIA gfx, doesn't work no matter what. Depending on case boots to black screen or without gfx acceleration.

Obviously, you can't just pick up a patched DSDT from any machine but your specific one. That's pretty basic. Arguably, you don't need a patched DSDT file if Clover's built-in patches cover the requirements for your system. The key is in making up that list of suitable clover patches.

nVidia graphics may still require some DSDT fixes if Clover's injection options do not suffice. But you may also have to play with other settings such as SMBIOS and/or SMBIOS with board-id from another SMBIOS.

Of course, I used mine. Anyway I think maybe the GFX is working but not using another unplugged screen hence the black screen. I'll try later today.

Don't need patched dsdt with my system 1 Kaby Lake

Use ssdt's though, for CPU and sound ;)

it seems that audio here works just by renaming HDAS to HDEF in Clover. CPU as stated by Rehabman doesn't need ssdt but just "plugintype" checked in Clover, however it works but is seens as "unknown".

all hacks need essentials patch, fast boot, avoid conflicts, Clover have a essentials and good patches, but if u can one hack like a real mac...

als0

Captura de Tela 2017-12-02 às 14.38.28.png

ec, if dont work native

Captura de Tela 2017-12-02 às 14.39.37.png

full sbus

Captura de Tela 2017-12-02 às 14.40.39.png

pchpmc / spsr

Captura de Tela 2017-12-02 às 14.43.36.png

and many many others good patches

and more...

cosmetics, etc

Captura de Tela 2017-12-02 às 14.42.04.png

ssdt is a good way, but patches like realocate dont work, u can use clover ;)

• Like 3

ok, so far: DSDT + various SSDTs = no boot. No DSDT and no SSDTs  and some config.plist(s) from others = boot, everything works but NVIDIA gfx, doesn't work no matter what. Depending on case boots to black screen or without gfx acceleration.

Hi.  When you say NVIDIA gfx doesn't work, does that mean that you can't drive 4k displays?

I am new to hackintosh.  I just installed a 8700k, with EVGA 1080ti fw3, on a MSI z370 Gaming Carbon mobo.  The system is stable, and everything I need works, except that I just bought a new TV, switching from a Samsung 1080p to LG oled 4k.  Basically when I switch I get the black screen on the new TV.  I connected via remote screen and everything works, except that the LG has a black screen.  Unfortunately, I cannot test 1080p because High Sierra LG display is set to 4k and can't be changed. I did test the new TV with a different computer and it works, but I only tested 1080p (my MacBook cannot drive 4k).  I also tried a lot of different configs, iMac14,2, etc, but not difference.  I use 18,3.  Any ideas on what to try next?

Thank you so much.  Any help would be very appreciated.

EDIT: I finally managed to get 4k.  The way I did it was to connect both TVs, mirror, then optimize for Samsung in 1080p, then change the frequency to 24Hz then back to optimized for LG, and tada, 4k, but @24Hz.  Any idea on how to force the frequency of the display to 24Hz?  The display menu doesn't give me the option.  Thanks

EDIT 2: I pressed option, then scaled and I got more options including reducing the refresh rate.  It kinda works right now, but I don't want this to revert to 60Hz and stop working at the wrong time