leopard on x86?

Soündless

17 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
cracking leopard meant we didn't need to crack efi, right?

Yes and no. We are still lacking some functionality because we haven't cracked EFI.

The Titan/Natit effort applied to video and sound is basically doing some of the job that EFI would do. But it is still a brute force effort to create a patch for each system. For sound, a different kext has to be created for each sound system. For video, one or two kexts could do the job, but a lot of video systems are not yet working fully. Nvidia video has benefited most from Titan/Natit efforts. But it would be cleaner and easier if the EFI was cracked or emulated.

so you saying before leopard truely gets cracked/it will be x86, we need to emulate/crack the efi

We need EFI for any version, not just Leopard.

Everyone currently using OSX on a PC is using baling wire and bubble gum to hold things together. Why do you think there are so many threads about lack of sound and video and networking and kexts and crashes and lack of booting, etc?

Currently, my Hack won't sleep and I only have stereo sound out, no sound in. My dual-capable video card only displays one screen not two. Most everyone has something which is not giving them a complete OSX experience.

Managing to get a preview version of Leopard to boot on a PC hasn't solved any of these problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bikedude880
leopard's already out for x86

No it's not. Not publicly at least. Oh yes, there is work being done on it, but normal users will have to wait until Apple does a final release.