Natit Kext for Dual Displays

bofors

60 posts in this topic

Hmm, I'm not really sure what I'm meant to do with this kext.

I've plonked it in the extentions dir, erased the kextcache etc, and rebooted.

When it came back up, i had QE/CI etc, but it can't see my other monitor.

Both are running on VGA, I have the EDID of the monitor from SwitchResX, but from here I'm lost.

Anyone? :(

Edit:

For got the important bit.. I'm using an AGP 6600GT 256mb.

ive been trying to add EDID's to the driver as i think that is what is wrong. im not sure though but im still having hte problem of osx not recognizing the other monitor. if it helps my card has a vga, dvi and a tv-out. the monitor that is not recognized is the one through the DVI > VGA adapter.

But if it is only that monitor connected, it will show osx. please help as i really really want dual monitors. thanks

ive been trying to add EDID's to the driver as i think that is what is wrong.

So far, it does not look like correctly setting the EDID's. Which versions of Natit have you tried (or which combinations of keys)? Did you update to 10.4.8 or was it a clean install?

For got the important bit.. I'm using an AGP 6600GT 256mb.

I assume this works on AGP, but I do not know for a fact that it actually does.

I offer 50,- PayPal Euro (or through bank transfer if you live in an european union state and got a valid iban+bic number) if anyone could make it work for my MSI 7900 GTO 512MB PCI-E Card! Since i dont got the skills to do it i hope someone else got it.

I know, it isnt much, but maybe someone is willing to help. Bought the card only for OSX and am desperate to get it working.

I can be contacted through pm, email: stefan.prager@inode.at, or ICQ 93483948

Thanks in Advance

Steven

np_ has made a post in the "new development version" thread with information that may solve the problem with 512MB cards: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33007

However, it might take a few days for that information to be digested and another few for someone to update the Natit code with it.