OSInstall.mpkg not found

39 posts in this topic

This my config.plist and efi folder :( hope you can help me

This my config.plist and EFI folder hope you can help me :(

I forgot about clover revision , yesterday i try using lastest clover but stuck on OS Utilities

I will check them as soon as I can :)

Sorry for slow response, i tried format hdd for cleab install..

I tried install os x again, and now OSInstall.mpkg is missing

It's Ok, remove the following file from the /EFI/Clover/drivers64/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and boot the system with usb installer. If the installation failed again erase the whole HDD using disk utility from the installer.

Remember if the erase process failed you have to unmount the disk first then try to erase the disk.

Do you have any other version of macOS already installed on the disk you are trying to install the macOS High Sierra? are there any other hard disks attached to the system?

Sorry for posting to your forum. I didn't carefully read if this only for hacking non genuine Mac.

For my case, I have tried your suggestions above but didn't success.

My volume have change to APFS volume, so I couldn't revert to Sierra. Using recovery mode and then choose to reinstall macos show error message " the recovery server could not be contacted".

Using internet recovery mode, the installation freeze on message 3 hours 19 minutes but I waited until 7 hours, no progress changes.

I look at Error Log, as attachment.

Maybe you can help me to resolve my problem.

Note: previously I change my HD with SSD (using Corsair XTI 480G)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Can you provide more details of your hardware? Which bootloader you are using? and what revision?

@moronkids @emuljono please update your signature with your hardware specs.

• Like 1

@cyberdevs

Always stuck in same situation, Instanlling Mac : About 15 minutes remaining then go to notif could not install on your pc. Do you think my usb bootable is corrupt ? cause after instalation bar go to half then error..

Maybe i will try re-create installation on my usb drive with vanilla method again

*edit

I found article with the same issues, they say it's about Ram module/ USB drive.

RAM i use 4gb corsair value

USB drive sandisk 3.0

@cyberdevs

Always stuck in same situation, Instanlling Mac : About 15 minutes remaining then go to notif could not install on your pc. Do you think my usb bootable is corrupt ? cause after instalation bar go to half then error..

Maybe i will try re-create installation on my usb drive with vanilla method again

*edit

I found article with the same issues, they say it's about Ram module/ USB drive.

RAM i use 4gb corsair value

USB drive sandisk 3.0

This error is something different than the OSInstall.mpkg error.

at first I just thought that it might be related the the RAM modules but let's continue step by step.

Tell me exactly how did you create the USB disk?

This error is something different than the OSInstall.mpkg error.

at first I just thought that it might be related the the RAM modules but let's continue step by step.

Tell me exactly how did you create the USB disk?

I create usb disk via createinstallmedia in terminal by following guide in internet

I create usb disk via createinstallmedia in terminal by following guide in internet

The problem could be related to the memory module, you can try by changing the DIMM bank on your mainboard and see how it goes.

The problem could be related to the memory module, you can try by changing the DIMM bank on your mainboard and see how it goes.

I move ram to another slot but still same happened, today i create 2 different OS.. high sierra and sierra and i will borrow ram ddr4 to test what will happen in my case error.

RAM or USB drive

Finally can runing on Sierra 10.12.6 :) , tired to try High Sierra cause always failed.. Hope can running next version os x on skylake..btw i have little trouble, i cant load EFI partition. Use efi mounter and terminal sti same, hope you can help me

Finally can runing on Sierra 10.12.6 :) , tired to try High Sierra cause always failed.. Hope can running next version os x on skylake..btw i have little trouble, i cant load EFI partition. Use efi mounter and terminal sti same, hope you can help me

Congrats. :)

Run the following command in the terminal and send me the results, you can send it via PM if you don't want to share it in here.

diskutil list