ALC1150 for MSI Gaming 7 X99? No joy..

krs360

39 posts in this topic

Hello again!

Managed to get Sierra installed on my desktop after a few hours of messing around!

Unfortunately the onboard sound doesn't work out of the box and I'm not sure what needs to be done. The spec from the site lists it as:

Audio 

• Realtek® ALC1150 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output

However, I installed the 1150 codec from a third party app.. and the devices do not show up in the input/output so I'm guessing there's possibly something I have missed along the way or something different that I'm required to do due to it being an X99 board.

Once it's all said and done I'll put together a guide for other people with similar hardware.

I7 5820k @ 4.2ghz (Sierra lists it as a Xeon)
MSI Gaming 7 X99 Motherboard
16GB DDR 4 2800mhz (I think)
GTX 1080TI - works fine with the new drivers, including secondary monitor, however no HDMI output as an option in sound.

Thanks =)
  • Like 1

for alc1150 you can use voodooHDA, you can run toleda's script or you can use a patched version of AppleALC.kext.

If you are using a Patched DSDT for your mobo, all you need is to add the following kexts in your boot loader's efi folder under EFI/clover/kext/10.12

if you are not using a patched DSDT you might need to add some patches under ACPI to your config.plist using clover configurator.

change HDAS to HDEF

Find: 48444153 

Replace: 48444546 

• Like 1

Hello!

- I've tried the VoodooHDA 2.8.8 (?) and no devices show up. 

- I've tried to run the patches and get a message saying no codec is installed/found.

I'm not amazing with this sort of thing but I am getting there. I don't quite follow you on the last bit there :(

• Like 1

It's ok no worries, we'll get it to work.

Can you post your config.plist here so I can take look and make the necessary adjustment for you?

or even post your EFI folder.

Can you do that?

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply and your offer of help.

I've sent you the link to my EFI (zipped) via PM. The config.plist is a little screwed I think due to being edited by the original author via a text editor.

Here's a screenshot of the clover config options for audio when the machine boots: http://imgur.com/a/Y6ihi

If there's anything else you need please let me know as I'm super keen to get this sorted.

• Like 1

You're welcome :)

let's troubleshoot the problem step by step:

1. Remove GPUSensor from the 10.12 and reboot.

2. if that didn't help replace the FakeSMC inside the folder with one you previously used.

• Like 1

My suggestion would be to now create a new usb with the command line installer and then install fresh clover to that and adjust as necessary. As you said you used a third part tool and I can only assume a beast was involved judging by the pic you posted. @cyberdevs will still probably be able to help but it's always best and easier to trouble shoot a clover only installed system.

My thoughts on audio will always be AppleALC.kext + lilu.kext.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Savage,

I already posted him an optimized version of the config.plist and sets of new kexts which are already working, but a clean Install is always a good idea to make a system work.

• Like 1

Hello guys,

Thank you for the input. Replacing the FAKESMC with the one I already had did the job, however still no audio devices showing once booted.

I then also tried the files @SavageAUS mentioned, but to no avail, no audio devices.

• Like 1

I7 5820k @ 4.2ghz (Sierra lists it as a Xeon)

MSI Gaming 7 X99 Motherboard
16GB DDR 4 2800mhz (I think)
GTX 1080TI - works fine with the new drivers, including secondary monitor, however no HDMI output as an option in sound.
-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

test it

Replace full folder

CLOVER.zip

u dont need nullcpupm, disabler, etc, use only my folder and test

*add ur Lan kext, Check in MSI site what model

Send me new ioreg after reboot

• Like 1

Hi Savage,

I already posted him an optimized version of the config.plist and sets of new kexts which are already working, but a clean Install is always a good idea to make a system work.

Especially if beast tools are used.

Which unless told otherwise that's my assumption due to the boot screen posted earlier.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You're right. In my opinion the best way to install macOS is to boot from USB installer which was created with createinstallmedia method and clover being installed from scratch. You never know what changes might be made while using 3rd party installer creation tools. 

You're right. In my opinion the best way to install macOS is to boot from USB installer which was created with createinstallmedia method and clover being installed from scratch. You never know what changes might be made while using 3rd party installer creation tools. 

createinstallmedia is a two stages, no? if yes...the best is one stage like it

MaLd0n 2017-05-08 às 10.56.05.png

only one stage 15 minutes and done

@MaLd0n

As you know it's the solution Apple recommends for creating a USB installer from if I'm not mistaking Mavericks to macOS Sierra. I always use --nointeraction switch and it won't ask me anything except for user's password and just creates the USB and won't take longer that 15 minutes on a USB 3.0 disk. The USB flash must be names "untitled" for the following commands. Once the os erases the "Untitled" disk it will start the process of making the bootable USB disk. I believe so many clover install makers use the same principle.

These are the commands for different OS's

macOS Sierra

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

El Capitan

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

Yosemite

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction

Mavericks

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

The end result will look like as the picture 01 I attached.

But if I'm not mistaking the picture you provided @MaLd0n is another way to create the USB installer by mounting the ESDInstall partition inside the installer app and then restoring the Flash Drive with the BaseSystem.dmg image with "Disk Utility" and then copying the following files to the root folder of the USB flash drive:

1. AppleDiagnostics.chunklist

2. AppleDiagnostics.dmg

3. BaseSystem.chunklist

4. BaseSystem.dmg

which upon copy user will be asked to replace some files which should be replaced.

Then by replacing the "Packages" folder inside the following path "System/Installation/Packages"on the USB Flash drive by the one that is in the InstallESD the end result will look like picture 02

I used to use this method for years and It was easy and efficient and was installing macOS faster the any other method I used but there was a problem when I was trying to dual boot a Mac computer with bootcamp or dual booting a hackintosh. The "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation" error could be averted by Apple's method.

The EFI partition that was created with the second method was locked so windows couldn't add the necessary files to EFI folder and returning errors.

BUT creating the bootable USB with "createinstallmedia" solves that problem.

:)

post-1011040-0-89759300-1494252280_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-30010600-1494252291_thumb.png