ALC1150 for MSI Gaming 7 X99? No joy..

krs360

39 posts in this topic

Hello again!

Managed to get Sierra installed on my desktop after a few hours of messing around!

Unfortunately the onboard sound doesn't work out of the box and I'm not sure what needs to be done. The spec from the site lists it as:

Audio 

• Realtek® ALC1150 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output

However, I installed the 1150 codec from a third party app.. and the devices do not show up in the input/output so I'm guessing there's possibly something I have missed along the way or something different that I'm required to do due to it being an X99 board.

Once it's all said and done I'll put together a guide for other people with similar hardware.

I7 5820k @ 4.2ghz (Sierra lists it as a Xeon)
MSI Gaming 7 X99 Motherboard
16GB DDR 4 2800mhz (I think)
GTX 1080TI - works fine with the new drivers, including secondary monitor, however no HDMI output as an option in sound.

Thanks =)

you need this patch in your config.plist: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip

Tbh I never patch any DSDT/SSDT for desktops. Rehabman's SSDT hotpatch plugins solution works with every single desktop I used, and this X99 is no exception. And for the one that ask what is ALZA to HDEF, it is ACPI rename, the same as the _DSM to XDSM rename one

Clover and SSDTs Presets just inject/patched DSDT/binaries

SSDT preset for inject in DSDT is a nonsense, Just a easy way! To speed boot u need drop tables, not put more SSDTs

The patches is the same, only changed id, etc, back in time, 2008/2012, u can check here useful links

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/235523-dsdt-auto-patcher/

xdsm kill all _dsm in ur DSDT, kill my smart e.g

Use original devices and essencial patches in one file, only ;)

Hello everyone,

Thanks very much for the replies, unfortunately I had to head out yesterday and by the time I was back it was too late to fight with the Hackintosh situation.

@Mald0n, I used your posted Clover folder, however it reboots after the memory allocation stage, where it says +++++++++++, and doesn't progress to the next stage, sorry I don't know how the boot process works on OSX so can't say exactly but hopefully that gives you enough to go on. One attempt did make it past that stage and I got a kernel panic which I was too slow on screenshoting and I couldn't reproduce but it did have lots of paragraphs about threads so I guess it could be CPU related?

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

Thanks very much for the replies, unfortunately I had to head out yesterday and by the time I was back it was too late to fight with the Hackintosh situation.

@Mald0n, I used your posted Clover folder, however it reboots after the memory allocation stage, where it says +++++++++++, and doesn't progress to the next stage, sorry I don't know how the boot process works on OSX so can't say exactly but hopefully that gives you enough to go on. One attempt did make it past that stage and I got a kernel panic which I was too slow on screenshoting and I couldn't reproduce but it did have lots of paragraphs about threads so I guess it could be CPU related?

Thanks.

x99 need OsxAptioFix2Drv modify

my wrong ;)

OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.zip

my mobo dont need, but 99% xc99 mobos need ;)

test with only Pike patches, brumbaer injector removed

CLOVER.zip

Hey,

Tried your files and I'm a little further forward but not much, after the ++++++ it begins to boot, however my keyboard lights go off and I get stuck on the following screens (see pictures.) I'm pretty sure the USB is cutting out after the memory allocation part which I'm calling +++++++

http://imgur.com/a/MvEP5

I have disabled my NIC incase that was the issue, I've also tried to disable the Legacy Support for USB in my bios as I read that in another thread.

It always seems to stop at the waiting on dict=0 section.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Hi Mald0n,

I moved the FakeSMC to the "other kexts" folder where you had placed the kexts you wanted me to use along with the VoodooTSCsync.

Still very much in the same boat, locks up on the memory allocation screen after it outputs all the +++++++++ and then reboots, if it does make it past that it gets stuck on the waiting on dict=0 message and it eventually has a kernel panic and dies after a few moments.

We kinda at the end of the road now where I accept defeat or are there other options?

The WORST part of this is I also have no sound on my Laptop Hackintosh which also has Sierra installed, It's the MSI GE72 2QE, I'm unsure of what I would need to install for It as I don't even know the chipset it's using. If I can get the sound working on at least one I would happy. #

You know what really bugs me? I have three usb devices, one external sound card (usb), a gaming headset and a DW Office headset I use for work on my VOIP phone and all of these work without the need to install anything!! It's like I'm being trolled by my computers :-/

Sorry to take up so much of your time, I'll throw you a donation of some sort when we conclude this disaster :-/

Cheers.

Dont need patch, use dsdt or clover inject and Applealc. AppleAlc is a compilation of all audio solution.

I can not speak much of AppleAlc,

Because that I do not use this kext I use AppleHDA Patcher, and it works fine for me.