Anyone got 10.4.8 working with P5W-DH Deluxe?

SquidCombo

35 posts in this topic

it is working perfect here now, i just had to turn off the "auto overclock" function inside the bios :-D

Now its stable as a rock, havent tried sleeping though, but restart doesnt work but shutdown does.

Have to update sig with my findings ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys, I have a E6600 Core Duo and the asus DH deluxe too. 10.4.8 works like a charm (i've almost exclusively switched to mac now!):

I have xp on 1 hd and os x on the other + another shared drive for files etc/ I used OSL2000 as the bootloader and it works really well.

Sound works beautifully through the ALC codec that people in the other thread have been working on (2 channels so far) I use a belkin wireless dongle with the ralink driver for network access. and Titan for the video.

I was a complete newbie a few weeks ago when I began this but now I've been trying to update the wikip on osx86 for this mobo so if anyone wants help setting up osx on this configuration, i'll be happy to help!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

maybe someone can help. I've got the jas 10.4.8 intel only with the hardware specs in my sig. i created a fat32 primary partition on both the raid0 system aswell as on the single sata drive, but none of them show up in the disk utility as shown in the tutorial here (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11339). Can someone give me a hint. I checked my bios, but cant find any setting to change to pata. And i definitely searched the forum for a solution.

Thanks for your help guys.

cpuz.htm

Edited by AlmightyQ

I've got my raid0 on sata 1 and 3 and the third hd on sata 4. But I think I made some progress. I disabled the raid in the bios and set it to ide. So the installation went ok. The next error I get is the hfs+ partition error. Thats where I'm stuck now. After installation I enabled the raid again, bootet into windows set up my boot-manager to "unknown os" and windows which works during boot up and then i get the error message. Tried the "fdisk -u /dev...."-method described in another thread here...didn't work. Any ideas? If you need to know more, please ask. thx for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I tried to install Jas 10.4.8 (SSE2.SSE3.Intel.AMD). Installation goes smooth but first boot after my screen goes blank although it seems that the OS working cause HD continues to read/write. I tried to apply patch - the same.

My configuration :

p5w dh deluxe

Intel core2 duo e6600

ATI Power Color x1600 Pro, 256 MB, DVI

Crucial DDR2-2Gb @ 800 MHz

ATA 40 Gb

The interesting thing is that with patched version of 10.4.8 I succeded to run jas 10.4.8 on VMWare, but not on native HW.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi !

I managed to figure out what was the problem - screen was blank since after installing video driver ( Natit ) the video card was working in VGA mode ( not DVI ). I just connected my monitor using DVI-2-VGA and it solved the problem. I'm trying now to make my DVI work natively but no success so far.

Regarding sound ALC 882 ( on-board ) - after installing HDA patch 1.15, I managed to make AC97 ( front panel ) out working but line-in or mic are not.

Thanks to all the driver makers - you are doing great job, guys !!!!!!!

Hi guys

I tried to install Jas 10.4.8 (SSE2.SSE3.Intel.AMD). Installation goes smooth but first boot after my screen goes blank although it seems that the OS working cause HD continues to read/write. I tried to apply patch - the same.

My configuration :

p5w dh deluxe

Intel core2 duo e6600

ATI Power Color x1600 Pro, 256 MB, DVI

Crucial DDR2-2Gb @ 800 MHz

ATA 40 Gb

The interesting thing is that with patched version of 10.4.8 I succeded to run jas 10.4.8 on VMWare, but not on native HW.

Any help would be appreciated. ^_^