GA-B75M-D3H Yosemite 10.10.5 ->Sierra 10.12.3

themacmeister

12 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I did an in-place upgrade of a pure UEFI install of Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 to Sierra 10.12.3 with very little effort...

Directly from the Installer App :-)

Because I am using a Broadcom BCM943224HMS WiFi card in a PCIE x1 adaptor, I needed to patch the whitelist in "IO80211Family.kext/Contents/plugin/BCRM94360.kext/Contents/MacOS/BCRM94360" for iMac14,2 (it used to be 12,2 but was updated to avoid blackscreen).

I also reverted to Apple NVIDIA driver, but have since switched back to Web Driver :-)

Same Ethernet kext (RTL8111.kext) worked fine, and AppleALC.kext still worked fine.

If custom SSDT.aml for speedstep is causing Kernel Panic, you need to create another one with PikerAlpha's ssdtPRGen.sh script.

I cannot believe how easy this all was... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, system is great... ever since upgrading to latest Clover, have not had a single issue (I still have underscan/overscan issues with boot logo size at startup, which I fixed previously with CSMvideoDXE.efi, but it doesn't work anymore :-(

Also, screen blackout with NVIDIA is a couple of seconds longer than with Apple driver.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

El Capitan and Sierra have a difFerent things, u can use UsbInjectAll(by reahabman) and rename devices USB

if u can post ur files here

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop