Cannot upgrade to El Capitan

Vengeance1020

20 posts in this topic

I'm trying to upgrade to El Capitan directly from Yosemite (It's a distro but I'm trying to leave the distro environment to El Capitan, or at least find a way to fix the installer that I have downloaded to work with my laptop) and when I boot "install Mac OS X Install" it goes straight to a kernel panic right when the loading bar shows up. I appear to have issues with kexts, but I'm not sure, I have supplied an image of the panic. Please tell me how to fix this.

post-1784704-0-77351500-1486864481_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

the problem is usb uhci kext

Use fresh install with El Capo. The best solution to avoid problem and have a good system.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/

I tried a fresh install with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and got the same kernel panic, trying the app you linked now

the problem is usb uhci kext

Use fresh install with El Capo. The best solution to avoid problem and have a good system.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/

I tried a fresh install with ##### and got the same kernel panic, trying the app you linked now

Tried the app, booted through clover and got the same kernel panic. Maybe I need a different USB kext? Im gonna find some and see what the results are. I noticed that the kernel panic lists other kexts, should I be worried about those?

what ur hardware, mobo, processor?

I got it to work. I dont know what allowed this, but I would boot in verbose mode in clover, and pull the drive just as the drive is unmounted during startup, and plug it back in before the system could panic, this allowed everything to load successfully and I am currently in the installation screen, I dont want to install though since I believe I have an issue I need to understand and know how to fix before I begin the install. I have an HP HDX16 1370US with Intel T7250 CPU, Nvidia GT 130M, 4 GB RAM, Dell Broadcomm wifi card (compatable with mac os). I believe the issue is my USB kexts but I dont know which ones, I do know that an issue kext (AppleUSBUHCI.kext) was not present in the drive when I performed the boot, I did not check for the other kexts, but I believe it may be my IOUSBHostFamily.kext, I don't know and I don't want to proceed with the installation until I know what the issue was.

• Like 1

send me ur DSDT and ioreg. ill check

I hope I got the ioreg one right, I saved it from IORegistryExplorer. Anyway, here are the files, I had to upload them to drive becuase the ioreg was too big and the DSDT was not permitted to upload.

IOreg    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwnRp555iRFtT2UwUzJ4V2V1blU/view?usp=sharing

DSDT   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwnRp555iRFtazR3ZmwwU0x4clk/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

good

dont use clover acpi patches, use only DSDT, is full edit ;)

I seem to be having the same issue in the USB without anything selected in the ACPI section of clover configurator and DSDT in the flash drives /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/DSDT.aml.

Unless I am supposed to put it somewhere else in a flash drive, I believe the issue is still kext related.

good

dont use clover acpi patches, use only DSDT, is full edit ;)

Im getting some progress to getting this to work, I have added my Yosemite AppleUSBUHCI and AppleUSBEHCI kexts to clovers kext folders and now when I insert the flashdrive to my bottom left side USB port, I have no kernel panic and the drive stays mounted. So far things seem good. But its still far from ready

EDIT: So I can boot the installer but only one of my 4 USB ports work. My touchpad doesn't work and neither does my keyboard. So I have no mouse control and I noticed that when in the installer, the booted USB is the only USB that responds, no other USB device in the same port powers up or functions when in the same port as the installer.

if u use f4 in clover boot screen, gererate original files in clover/acpi/origin

post full clover

Got mouse working by copying some HID kexts from Yosemite installation

EDIT: to clarify, I copied HID kexts and OCHI kexts and installed GenericUSBXHCI kext from Yosemite installation and got all but one USB port working: my eSATA+USB port, not a big deal but I should figure out what kext goes well with that.

• 2 weeks later...

ofc

Clover folder from efi partition + original DSDT ;)

Well after much difficulty, I was able to get OS X El Capitan installed and running, I have clover injected voodoo ps2 kexts and some USB kexts as well as copies of those USB kexts in S/L/E but I still have a few issues. My USB only works part time, meaning that it will work on one boot, but it won't on the next, and sometimes the next boot will have working USB and sometimes it won't. It doesn't have a pattern it just works when it wants, I have kext-dev-mode enabled in clover config (not sure if thats important or not to mention) and when booting in verbose I notice that when the USB doesn't work, I get USB kexts failed to load, at every boot, I notice it mentions duplicate kexts (probably because i have both injected and installed the kexts) and missing dependencies, I think I just need new kexts and to either not inject or not install, but I'm not sure. I pulled the USB kexts from niresh yosemite when I had it installed and thats how I got USB to work part time, but I want it to work on every boot.

My next issue is that my hard drive looses write access over time after booting, the amount of time is always different and I cannot understand why this is happening, when attempting to write to the disk, I get error code -50, I can still read from the disk but since I cannot write, I can only do so much. I since installed some AHCI kexts in hopes of that resolving the problem but the only improvement is that it takes more time for the write access to fail. After that I added FIXSATA to clover acpi fixes and it didn't work at all (the fix didn't do anything to resolve the issue)

I also have shutdown and restart issues, most of the time (not always), when selecting either shutdown or restart, the system will prepare shutdown (closing apps, leaving desktop, etc.) and when it goes to the blank screen, nothing, it just hangs there, mouse still moves and it will passively seek the hard disk but will never shutdown, forcing me to force shut down the machine.

I want this to work but at this point I'm stuck, please help.