3 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
by BugsB, based on a script by Toggi3 * + more code snippets from the www
For those of us whose HackBook/ MacBook does not go to into power saving mode automatically on very low battery but just powers down coldly: “SOLB”, a small and low load footprint AppleScript based utility that checks the battery level every 2 minutes. You can choose between two versions, either with or without sound. Both display a notification in the top right of your screen.
Between ≤10 and >8% battery charge:
Between ≤8 and >5% battery charge:
On ≤ 5% battery charge you will see a 10 seconds countdown dialog box in 1 second intervals:
which you can cancel, or have your your *ac*Book be sent to sleep when down to 0.
The version with sound uses the pleasant macOS US female voice Allison. If the lady is not installed, you can download "her" via System Preferences, Accessibility, Speech (pane tab should get opened by the install script), click onto the two arrows to the right of System Voice, Customize, English (Unites States) -- Female, activate Allison, OK (macOS downloads voices to /System/Library/Speech/Voices - Allison consumes 120 MB).
If you want to see/ see and listen first, disconnect your Mac from its power supply and double click the “run Demo” file in either folder, with or without sound.
The launcher is installed per user, so one user can use the script with and another user the script without sound.
Run your desired install.command, with or without sound. The script should be active right away without restart.
Regarding the sound version, you can also:
- download any other English voice of your liking and edit the name inside the script at the very top
- download any language voice and translate the text inside the script
Edit with Apple Script Editor, save, install, reboot.
Tested working in macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. Please feedback if this utility also works in Mojave.
If you have ideas, experience bugs, etc., please contribute as precise, succinct, productive and friendly as possible. In case of a bug, always include your version of macOS for me or others to try and help. Thank you.
1.0 (initial version)
IDEAS TO IMPLEMENT IN FUTURE RELEASES:
Have the sound version install script check if Allison is installed, and if not, offer to download and install it. Purely cosmetic: find a way to have the display notification in the top right of the screen not display the Script Editor icon but the one of the utility without turning the utility into an app but by maintaining a script to keep the load footprint low. This is currently neither possible with an Apple Script nor with an Apple Script Bundle file, only with the script compiled into an app. One possibility might be a Perl approach, if someone volunteers. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Thanks to Toggi3 for the base script:
THE CODE (of the version with sound):
SleepOnLowBattery (SOLB) by BugsB v.1.0 (2018-11-10).zip
Salve a tutti ragazzi,
Mi sono appena iscritto e innanzi tutto vorrei esprimere la mia gratitudine per l'aiuto offerto. Il mio problema come da titolo riguarda il mio Pavilion Power 15 più precisamente il modello cb015nl. Ho notato che c'era un altro topic su un modello simile ma immagino che anche se i modelli sono simili non è detto che siano compatibili quindi ne ho creato uno per il mio modello. Per arrivare al dunque, sono riuscito ad installare con successo Mojave 10.14 ma ho riscontrato diversi problemi una volta avviato l'OS. Quello che non riesco a far funzionare è l'indicatore della batteria, il power managment (Stop non funziona e la luminosità), la porta ethernet e credo che la scheda wifi sia incompatibile, le gesture del trackpad, e l'audio che con una scheda audio esterna funziona a meraviglia e l'ultimo grosso problema è che non riesco a far partire clover senza la usb di installazione, ho installato clover bootoader sull'hd dove ho mojave ma niente senza la usb mi parte il bootloader di hp/windows. Premetto che sono partito con una copia di mojave scaricata dall'appstore. Vi allego il report di HackInfo sperando che possa essere d'aiuto per il troubleshooting
ho un problema con un monitor Dell p2715q 4k, funziona bene a prima vista, ma quando lavoro su programmi piu' pesanti, ho qualche problemino , del tipo che su certe azioni risulta rallentato a livello grafico. Invece se ridimensionato il monitor alla risoluzione nativa (3840x2160), sembra che questo problema sparisca. In pratica ho problemi solo nelle dimensioni intermedie. sapete se si puo' fare qualcosa? Il problema credo sia dovuto al monitor e non alla scheda video, perche' su un monitor full hd non ho problemi di rallentamento.
Per ora sto usando solo Lilu e wahtervergreen , senza questi il monitor nemmeno si accende.
Se avete idee sono bene accette,
Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides to you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the steps needed with every other app.
TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac.
- Simple-to-use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process.
- It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers).
- You can use any erasable volume that is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will re-format it accordingly).
- Can work with the Mac OS recovery system, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery partition, and you can use TINU to install macOS, too.
- 100% clean: The bootable macOS installers created with this tool are vanilla, just as if you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in Terminal.
- Open Source: You can verify what this program does on your computer and you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code.
- Does not require any special preparations. Just open the program, make sure you have a USB drive plugged in and have a macOS installer app on your disk.
- No need to use Disk Utility. TINU can format your drive or partition for you.
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool.
- Uses recent, modern, APIs and SDKs and the Swift 3 language.
- Transparent graphics style available (type alt-S or choose from the menu bar: View -> Use transparent style).
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without requiring an update.
- Offers advanced features to customize your bootable macOS installer.
Features that are planned for future versions:
- Install and configure [Clover](https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/).
- Install kexts into Clover's kexts folder.
- Clover drivers customization
- Use custom DSDT in Clover
- Integrated pre-made Clover config templates database from a remote and open repository.
- Support for other languages, at least Italian.
- A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer).
- A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer.
- A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive on your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media).
Frequently asked questions:
Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
Post on Reddit:
Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
Contact me (project creator):
- Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license
- I (project creator) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
- I (project creator) do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
- This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be, don't use source code from this project to create apps or software for that aim.
- This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.
- Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
- People that helped me a lot:
Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Peter Paul Chato.
- Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
- Thomas Tempelmann for help with the UI
- Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project