how to fix iCal for original JAS 10.4.8 DVD

Cliffton Beach

16 posts in this topic

in OSX86, insert your JAS DVD. Open it, and browse to System -> Installation -> Packages. Right click iCal.pkg and select "show package contents." Open the Contents folder then double click Archive.pax.gz. When this is done, there will be on your desktop an archive.pax and a folder called Archive. Open the Archive folder. Open the Applications folder. copy the iCal in there to your Applications folder, replacing the broken one already there. Answer yes if it asks about replacing newer files.

Working iCal :)

• 3 months later...

Anyone else having this problem? I followed these directions and still have the same problem. I also tried trashing the iCal in applications as well as the package in the receipts folder (as was suggested somewhere else on google). I have not been able to run iCal since I installed 10.4.8 on my SSE2 AMD machine, so there are no preferences files to delete. I also tried logging on as another user and it doesn't work there either. I saw a reference to problems with iCal after installing MS office 2004, which I have installed. Any ideas? Thanks.

in OSX86, insert your JAS DVD. Open it, and browse to System -> Installation -> Packages. Right click iCal.pkg and select "show package contents." Open the Contents folder then double click Archive.pax.gz. When this is done, there will be on your desktop an archive.pax and a folder called Archive. Open the Archive folder. Open the Applications folder. copy the iCal in there to your Applications folder, replacing the broken one already there. Answer yes if it asks about replacing newer files.

Working iCal :)

Actually the trick by Bill worked for me. Thanks Bill! I can't believe it was so simple.

I gave up trying to get iCal to run and used a copy I had from tubgirl's release instead.

PM me if you are interested in getting a copy. It works 100%.

hecker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Snowski
... or the easier solution is:

highlight iCal, cmd-I (Get Info), select "Open using Rosetta", close Get Info, start iCal :P

Thanks for this solution bro, works fine :)

• 4 weeks later...

Working iCal :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks! It worked for me!