FCPX 3D TEXT Not Working with Nvidia Web Driver

thirukumaran

23 posts in this topic

Apple released FCPX 10.3 Version recently.

Anyone with third party NVIDIA cards noticed their 3D Texts are invisible both on timeline and exports? sad.png If 3D Text option is turned of then the texts are rendered happily but 2D. Also OSX Default Graphics driver renders texts in 3D.

Currently i am in Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1 build 12657, and using GTX 750Ti 2GB Graphics Card.

I am using Nvidia Web Driver Version 367.15.10.15f01 and Nvidia Cuda also asking to updte latest.  

post-723859-0-76792200-1478152991_thumb.jpeg

post-723859-0-99190400-1478153013_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess our only hope will be an updated Nvidia driver. I recently installed Sierra 10.12.2 on a separate HD for more FCPX editing power. I am currently using 367.15.10.25f02 and have the same problem with 3D titles.

Crossing my fingers for a fix as I am enjoying the power of my 4790k and GTX 980 on FCPX. If I find anything I will post the fix here. Thanks guys

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Sierra 10.12.3 and Nvidia Web Driver 367.15.10.35f01 (up to date) and I'm still having the same problem.
If I turn off background rendering in FCP I can play 3D text animations without problems rendering them in real time.
Of course exporting still don't work since it's then rendering the normal way.

Also, it seems I can't use the OSX Default Driver.

If I go to Nvidia Driver Manager pref pane, choose OSX Default Driver and reboot it will still be using the Web Driver.
Is there a way to force OSX Deafult Driver so I can test with that?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 10.12.3. + FCPX 3D title + nVidia web driver : After rendering the title it is disapearing ! 

On 10.12.3 + FCPX 3 D title + OS driver: it is working !  So, it seems definitely the problem with the version of THIS web driver !   Under El Capitan everything is OK in any combinations.

I am waiting to the bug-free, new nVidia WENDRIVER !

config: GA-Z77X - UD5H + i7 3770K + GTX 780 + 16 GB 

I also tried with FCPX 10.3.1, and 10.3.2 the result is the same ...  , so the problem is with the webdriver !  

As it is working with OS X driver, it shows me that there is a bug around of open CL capability ...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anybody tried the new Nvidia Web Driver?

It's easy to install and then uninstall if it doesn't work with FCPX.

I don't have time to test it now and when I get some time I will have to fix my entire install and restore my files from TimeMachine backup.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue. So annoying that I made my first hackintosh 1 month ago, and find this problem when I try to make my first video on it!

I tried to update to 10.12.4, but it is not compatible with my Wifi card, so I had to go back to 10.12.3. Would the only fix be getting a card on this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202239?

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I'm very happy to report that after upgrading to High Sierra and upgrading FCPX to the latest version ...
IT'S WORKING  :D 

I'm using the latest Nvidia web driver and forcing it in Clover.

3D titles rendered exactly as expected when using the web driver for my ASUS GTX 670.

I have the same issue. So annoying that I made my first hackintosh 1 month ago, and find this problem when I try to make my first video on it!

I tried to update to 10.12.4, but it is not compatible with my Wifi card, so I had to go back to 10.12.3. Would the only fix be getting a card on this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202239?

I would not get an Nvidia card for FCPX, the next card I'm getting is an AMD.
Probably RX 580, FCPX is lightning fast on those cards compared to Nvidia cards.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...