New Forum Ranks

Swad

7 posts in this topic

I've created new forum rankings, since the default IPB ranks were pretty boring... "Grand Member?" Whatever. :(

In order of importance, starting with the lowest:

Name__________Posts

Microsoft Bob..............0

Lowly Mac Mini...........20

90's eMac..................50

HAL 9000...................75

Apple Newton............100

ENIAC MANIAC..........250

Apple ][....................500

I've created new forum rankings, since the default IPB ranks were pretty boring... "Grand Member?" Whatever. :blink:

No argument there.

In order of importance, starting with the lowest:

Name__________Posts

Microsoft Bob..............0

Lowly Mac Mini...........20

90's eMac..................50

HAL 9000...................75

Apple Newton............100

ENIAC MANIAC..........250

Apple ][....................500

OK???? As long this as makes this sense to you, (or maybe not?).

Personally, I would have started with "Microsoft Bill" or "Steve Ballmer", and then maybe topped off with "the Woz" or something, but whatever...

I love the MS Bob bit. But IMO post counts are overrated. I can have 10000 posts and still not know anything about anything. :P How about forget the post counts and concentrate more in Group namage? :blink:

PS. I would not like to be an Apple Newton. Because, I don't want anyone to mistake me as someone who knows alot about OSx86. Which I don't. :wacko:

LOL - well, I'd agree that forum posts aren't the best way to rate things, but they're pretty much our only mechanism for rating members.

BTW, my first computer ever was an Apple ][e. Alas, the days of the green screen...

LOL. Well I tell you what, I'm just about half way to being an "Apple ][" and I dont even have a real Apple hardware. Hell, I don't even eaten an apple in months. I think you would get more mileage if (this is of the top of my head)...

Coder

Porter

Helper (or something)

and so on...

I just want to be a normal member. Unless I know I can help and know what i'm talking about when helping someone in a rut, then I think I can sign up to be a helper ;)

Sometime ago I dream to have a Lisa.

I actually wanted an Apple ][ so bad, (or really anything with disk drives, I was really sick of using a blessed tape recorder to load and store my programs, back then I was programming so much that my AC adapter power supplies were melting) that I started constructing little fantasies about what it would be like to have it. I think I might have even written a letter to some rich Saudi Sheik who like to throw money around and ask him to buy me one.

EDIT: Holy sh*t, this board autocensored "f*cking" with "blessed"?