Hello there, i need help!

andreapapazzoni

4 posts in this topic

Hello there, i'm Andrea, a new member.

I got this problem and i hope to get some help from people who know better than me.

I currently work on a Mac Pro, late 2014, the black cylinder, and I'm moving to a hackintosh by september.

I do have a time machine backup, and first question is, can i start my new hackintosh from a backup?

Moreover, i use my mac in a studio, we produce music, and we bought all  plugins and libraries, so nothing crack'd, will the new mackintosh requires all the activation codes?

I will be installing Yosemite on the hackintosh, is it the right choice? i've never had any problems on my original mac with this OS.

Will I have some drivers problems, having a firewire external audio device, a midi keyboard, and 2 HD i use for backup and libraries storing?

The main question, basically, is: will this hackintosh be as my mac, if we talk about iOS and compatibility?

i'll list my new pc here to help you all give me a hand:

- Motherboard Asus Z97-A

- Intel i7-4790K
- Dissipatore Noctua NH-U12S
- Grafica integrata intel HD 4600 (3 monitor fino a 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz —> 2K)
- 2x schede FireWire (ognuna con 1 da 400 e 2 da 800)
- RAM Kingston Hypk 4x8GB Hyper X Savage [HX324C11SRK4/32] - 2400 MHz
- SSD Samsung MZ-75E500B/EU 850 EVO, 500G B, 2.5" SATA III
- WiFi Airport Extreme TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
- Chassis Corsair (CC-9011076-WW) case mid tower ATX insonorizzato Carbide 330R Blackout Edition nero
- 2x Startech.Com Adattatore Universale per Staffa di Montaggio Disco Rigido 3.5'' per Alloggiamento 5.25’’
- Corsair RM650 CP-9020054-EU Alimentatore ATX/EPS Serie RM da 650 Watt, Completamente Modulare con Certificazione 80 Plus Gold

Hi Andrea, 

I personally would never jump over from real mac to hackintosh for pro work. But that is just me. 

Yosemite is fine, and your specs look alright. Keep in mind to get compatible PCIe cards, such as FireWIre. You must do your research. 

When it comes to graphics, I didn't understand you quite alright. Are you going to plug three 4K monitors with that integrated GPU in 60Hz?

Please elaborate how you're going to do that. 

Regards, 

Dwarfy