Crossover Mac Beta 2

13 posts in this topic

Crossover Mac Beta 2 is out!!!!! :P

i am posting htis from ie6 from which took 7 seconds to launch!! wine rules!!

I suggest you check it out!!!! And maybe buy it!! i'm sure i will :D:D:D

:angel: Trying Halo CE now...

i'll post results later...

:D

Oops looked at codeweavers compatibility list... halo "know not to work" lol ill try anyways... :-D

No luck with halo folks... sorry, maybe next version :-)

And regarding proteos comment, i dont know this is new... i kinda just relized they came out with a beta... i haven't been checking th site for updates for a month, abyways i think this is new.

Was wondering something : I am correct if I am saying that the DirectX API is actually emulated ? Ie, it uses OpenGL features from OSX then translates them into DirectX features fooling the game thinking the system actually has DirectX installed.

Or does it really use the DX3D API without any emulation ? I mean, logically, I don't see how that would be possible since OSX video drivers only have OGL support and no DX for sure.

If so, they did a pretty damn good job anyway since the games that work aren't slow as hell really for a beta.

2D apps suck though. MSN is not usable and Office isn't that fast compared to its Rosetta counterpart. And since it doesn't need any emulation to run 2D programs, I find it weird it runs 3D ones emulating D3D using OpenGL (from what I guess) pretty good.

Oh, for those who are fans of Warcraft III and find it slow using Rosetta : just run it in Crossover with the -opengl command added.

It'll run in all its X86 glory flawlessly (be sure to delete the movies folder though, those doesn't work and make the game crash) ;)

I tried live messenger, and it sucked... glitchy graphics and not usable... took longer to start and crashed trying to logg in. I have to say that crossover is overall... extremely faster in os x 10.4.8 with new kernel.

• 2 weeks later...