Great Mac Mini Review

9 posts in this topic

Almost comical review of a Mac Mini by a "MCSE certified tech"

http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/MacMini2.html

"It turns out the Mini uses a weird kind of display connector on the back that requires a special adapter if you want to plug it into a PC monitor."

What, a DVI connector?

The best bit..

"The Mini boots up into a stripped-down operating system which Apple calls OS X, similar to the stripped-down WindowsCE OS found on many handhelds."

"When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time."

lol

The guy is hopeless. The modern science has no cure for him..

I just sent him an email. Here it is:

http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/MacMini2.html

That article is the funniest thing I have ever read. Thank you for a hilarious read. You think OSX is a "stripped down OS similar to Windows CE OS"? I am sorry, but my friend you need to research more before making so wild accusations. Plus you couldn't tell the machine was on? Aren't you MSCE certified? The port is a DVI port, been on machines for a while now and Apple includes a DVI to VGA adapter, not to hard to figure out. You can't run Windows apps on OSX, but yes you can run Office but you have to get the MAC version. Again kind of embarassing on your part. The only substance to your review was for this model of Mac Mini at the time, it wasn't worth it. Now, you can have Intel Core Duo chips in there, faster and better sata drives, more USB ports (There are usb to serial adapters out there you know) and now since it is on the Intel platform, you can run XP and Vista side by side. Oh, you don't need antivirus software on OSX, viruses are on Windows.

Reviewers like you that are not educated in the subject matter they are reviewing make good reviews and reviewers in turn look bad. I think you need to make sure you know what you are talking about before you review something like this again cause you just made yourself look like a huge fool. I also notice this review was from 2005 and you might have educated yourself on OSX and Macs in general. Even if you have, there is no use in reviewing something you have no idea how to use or have any real facts about. I hope your future reviews are more educated and thought out than this "review". Feel free to reply back and cuss me or whatnot good sir, but you did yourself in on that review.

That is exactly what I said. He is so stupid he makes Windows fanboy look smart. Idiots like him don't need webspace.....

Feel free to reply back and cuss me or whatnot good sir, but you did yourself in on that review.

I think he needs to thank you for taking his review seriuosly and reading it to the end. He really has no clue about what he is talking about. :poster_oops:

My goodness, I cant believe any of you are taking this seriously!, it is clearly satirical! Did none of you see the link at the bottom of the page reading :

Mattel's BarbieOS challenges Microsoft Windows for the Hearts of Adolescent Girls

Also the list of programs he "spends a good deal of time using" are all antivirus/disk utils. Its just a {censored}-take

My goodness, I cant believe any of you are taking this seriously!, it is clearly satirical! Did none of you see the link at the bottom of the page reading :

Mattel's BarbieOS challenges Microsoft Windows for the Hearts of Adolescent Girls

Also the list of programs he "spends a good deal of time using" are all antivirus/disk utils. Its just a {censored}-take

You got me there :P I didn't read the last paragraph and I didn't read the bottom line. I had a good laugh, though :whistle:

And Mattel's BarbieOS vs Microsoft Windows would be a nearly fair comparison, anyway :D

That isnt serious either! Did you not read it? It is clearly satirical. Heres a few captions to prove my point:

" I'm running XP on the monster rig I use at home--a brand new Compaq mid-tower--and the OS blazes like a Corvette. I especially like the four games it comes with - Hearts, FreeCell (so addictive!), Minesweeper, and Solitaire. It's easy to see why XP is considered the ultimate platform for gamers."

"Why doesn't Linux come with any defragmenting tools or virus scanners or Active Backdoor Update like you get with Windows?"

"No way would I run a Linux operating system if it means I can't connect to America Online"

"and I was shocked by how few preference-gathering applications were running in the background and how it did absolutely no "calling home", never even contacting the Mandrake server to make sure my product's license key was intact. Who wants to use an operating system that doesn't learn about you, that doesn't keep track of what you like to look at on the web, listen to, or watch? With Windows XP Home, I have the peace of mind that comes with knowing my habits and activities are being monitored by Microsoft"

"Ultimately, using Microsoft software is much, much safer from a legal standpoint. Since the source code is proprietary and closed, there is no way for stolen code to get into the product. Users of Microsoft software have nothing to worry about from a legal perspective, which lets Windows network administrators like myself sleep easier at night. Or it would if our pagers weren't constantly going off."